shape
carat
color
clarity

March Madness!! NCAA or NIT

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Well, haven''t fill out my brackets yet but..........some thoughts

NCAA - Florida is really strong. Seemingly easier bracket.

I like Carolina (if Hansbrough can get adjusted to the mask or play without it). Rawshen Terry knows first hand about the NCAA "Title". They play with a lot of heart and all around game.

Possible Cinderella - VCU - on a roll with a great coach, very good players who KNOW they CAN win!

I''m partial to the ACC - always love to watch BC (sometimes they just don''t show up!), Not feelin the love for Duke or VA Tech. VA could do something. GA. Tech - some heart but not consistent with believing they *can* win. I like Maryland - they usually do well in the NCAA.

NIT - one team - NC State Wolfpack
2.gif
Seriously though, I think they have a shot. Played decent against Carolina & have developed a bench (albeit a very young one). Brandon Costner is someone to really watch. So much raw talent - so young!

What''s everyone thoughts on Mojo with both tourney''s? Need to fill out my brackets.
2.gif
9.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
well...coming from a mid-major (we get no respect!) conference, i really don''t hinge my hopes of the tournament being great on whether or not my team gets in.... hehe...because i can''t! every march is awesome no matter what happens or who gets in
36.gif
it is the greatest time for basketball.
there were definitely some respectable teams who got TOTALLY snubbed this year...but then again....i can''t imagine picking 64 (65..DER!) teams to compete. i see how you have to have automatic conference bids...but....yeah. it just can''t be easy!
anyway....
florida is really strong. they are a great team with maturity and experience. i think that will play big for them in the long run.
i really like texas but they are the complete opposite....YOUNG very young...but very talented. even though i like them, i kinda hope they spent their energy on winning their overtime game against kansas, so nm state has a chance. never thought i''d say this..... go aggies! hehe
i do like kansas too. there are some HOT teams in that will be fun to watch. heck, they''re ALL fun to watch. march never dissapoints!
i need to get on those brackets!

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/12/2007 4:40:44 PM
Author:fire&ice
Well, haven''t fill out my brackets yet but..........some thoughts

NCAA - Florida is really strong. Seemingly easier bracket.

I like Carolina (if Hansbrough can get adjusted to the mask or play without it). Rawshen Terry knows first hand about the NCAA ''Title''. They play with a lot of heart and all around game.

Possible Cinderella - VCU - on a roll with a great coach, very good players who KNOW they CAN win!

I''m partial to the ACC - always love to watch BC (sometimes they just don''t show up!), Not feelin the love for Duke or VA Tech. VA could do something. GA. Tech - some heart but not consistent with believing they *can* win. I like Maryland - they usually do well in the NCAA.

NIT - one team - NC State Wolfpack
2.gif
Seriously though, I think they have a shot. Played decent against Carolina & have developed a bench (albeit a very young one). Brandon Costner is someone to really watch. So much raw talent - so young!

What''s everyone thoughts on Mojo with both tourney''s? Need to fill out my brackets.
2.gif
9.gif
I love it, I love it, I love it!!!!

haven''t yet filled out my brackets - BUT - not feeling the love for Duke or UCLA (overrated big time). I like Ohio State or Florida to win the whole thing. I think Georgetown has a shot. Louisville should do very well. I''ve decide to take 2, 12 seeds over 5 seeds - Illinois over Va Tech and Arkansas over USC. I don''t think Arkansas should be in the NCAA''s - but I think they will win this game - NO TEAM in the Pac 10 travels well, and USC is in the East Bracket - USC also plays a zone defense (which can be difficult to prepare for), but so does West Virginia - and Arkansas beat them very early this season - I watched that game and Arkansas matched up very well against the zone - much better than UCLA did (twice).

NIT - So many good teams and matchups - everybody has a shot. I like West Virginia at home for the first 3 rounds. I like NC State too. And Drexel, and Air Force, and Florida State. Anybody''s game.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
lajennifer going for TWO 12-5 upsets! i''m taking odu over butler. too bad i''ve never been much of a fan of the vols...they might be my other 5 going down.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/12/2007 5:12:33 PM
Author: belle
well...coming from a mid-major (we get no respect!) conference, i really don''t hinge my hopes of the tournament being great on whether or not my team gets in.... hehe...because i can''t! every march is awesome no matter what happens or who gets in
36.gif
there were definitely some respectable teams who got TOTALLY snubbed this year...but then again....i can''t imagine picking 64 (65..DER!) teams to compete. i see how you have to have automatic conference bids...but....yeah. it just can''t be easy!
anyway....
florida is really strong. they are a great team with maturity and experience. i think that will play big for them in the long run.
i really like texas but they are the complete opposite....YOUNG very young...but very talented. even though i like them, i kinda hope they spent their energy on winning their overtime game against kansas, this..... go aggies!so nm state has a chance. never thought i''d say hehe
i do like kansas too. there are some HOT teams in that will be fun to watch. heck, they''re ALL fun to watch. march never dissapoints!
Glad to see that you are supporting the Aggies Belle! It is nice to see my alma mater actually make this tournament although I don''t know how they well they will do against Texas!!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/12/2007 8:08:01 PM
Author: Sundial

well...coming from a mid-major (we get no respect!) conference, i really don't hinge my hopes of the tournament being great on whether or not my team gets in.... hehe...because i can't! every march is awesome no matter what happens or who gets in
36.gif
there were definitely some respectable teams who got TOTALLY snubbed this year...but then again....i can't imagine picking 64 (65..DER!) teams to compete. i see how you have to have automatic conference bids...but....yeah. it just can't be easy!
anyway....
i really like texas but they are the complete opposite....YOUNG very young...but very talented. even though i like them, i kinda hope they spent their energy on winning their overtime game against kansas, this..... go aggies!so nm state has a chance. never thought i'd say hehe
i do like kansas too. there are some HOT teams in that will be fun to watch. heck, they're ALL fun to watch. march never dissapoints!
Glad to see that you are supporting the Aggies Belle! It is nice to see my alma mater actually make this tournament although I don't know how they well they will do against Texas!!!

You two are too cute.
9.gif
I hear the Men Lobos are doing bad and the woman Lobos are doing much better. Guess I better support the Aggies too

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/12/2007 8:08:01 PM
Author: Sundial

36.gif
anyway....
i really like texas but they are the complete opposite....YOUNG very young...but very talented. even though i like them, i kinda hope they spent their energy on winning their overtime game against kansas, this..... go aggies!so nm state has a chance. never thought i''d say hehe
Glad to see that you are supporting the Aggies Belle! It is nice to see my alma mater actually make this tournament although I don''t know how they well they will do against Texas!!!
yay! i am supporting them sundial and i have been most of the year. i''m a lobo but...BLEH...they had real issues this year... it was such a dissapointment.
39.gif
the aggies did the right thing bringing in reggie theaus and i am hoping they really do well. i was totally flattened when their name came up against texas on sunday because wow...texas is good! i''ll be cheering for them though! all the way!

skippy...yes, the men did AWFUL this year. they were killing people very early on and then they just crumbled. the head coach is gone, so there will be some rebuilding years ahead. the women had some bumps in the road but they came around and are in the tournament again this year!
36.gif
good for them! i hope they keep that program going strong. we could really make a difference in women''s basketball.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Even I am excited for the Lady Lobos and wish them luck in the tournament!!!

indecisive

Brilliant_Rock
Ouch, no love for my Hokies here
7.gif
Haha I know they will probably lose right away but I am still rooting for my Chokies... you guys have to admit they have made a huge improvement in the last year though!

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/13/2007 11:47:00 AM
Author: indecisive
7.gif
Haha I know they will probably lose right away but I am still rooting for my Chokies... you guys have to admit they have made a huge improvement in the last year though!
O.K. I have to admit. I *did* feel the love for the Hokies. And, my husband always pulls for them second to Wolfpack. Me, I''m kinda mad at the Athletic programs. They seem to always have their fair share of "issues" w/ problem players. How many second chances did they give that thug Marcus Vick? Hits a nerve with me and all the heat Valvano took for the same thing w/ Washburn. In the end, Valvano was run out of town.
39.gif
The powers that be in Hokie land seem to turn a blind eye. There is my rant.
2.gif
9.gif

But, you got to love a guy whose Mom''s always in the stands routing for him
2.gif
And, feel for her being so upbeat w/ loosing her home in Katrina. The Hokies can play ball. But, Washington gets frustrated & can''t seem to adapt when a team shuts him down. He''s got to get over that in order for them to play in this dance. Maybe I''m jaded in that we beat the Hokies three times this year.
2.gif

...still working on my brackets. Arizona or Purdue? Notre Dame or Winthrop? Vanderbuilt or G. Washington?

I thought I bookmarked it - but isn''t there a website that has the spread on the teams?

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/13/2007 2:51:29 PM
Author: fire&ice

...still working on my brackets. Arizona or Purdue? Notre Dame or Winthrop? Vanderbuilt or G. Washington?
Arizona, Notre Dame, Vanderbilt

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
are we keeping track?

my official picks for today:

md
bc
louisville
wash st.
odu
gtown
a&m
vandy
osu
duke
mich st.
ucla
byu
pitt
nc
indy

i love march!
36.gif

njc

Brilliant_Rock
7.gif
I''ve got our Fighting Gobblers meeting Kansas in the Sweet Sixteen in one bracket and loosing to Southern Illinois in the other. They have improved a ton over the last couple of years and I believe us making the jump to the ACC was a big plus for the basketball program. Heres to hoping at least an appearance in the dance will help even more. We certainly gave UNC and Duke a run for their money even though we couldnt manage to pull a win out against NC State.

Funny though... the women always do well, and they arent in it this year. One team at a time I guess?

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/15/2007 12:08:51 PM
Author: njc

7.gif
I''ve got our Fighting Gobblers meeting Kansas in the Sweet Sixteen in one bracket and loosing to Southern Illinois in the other. They have improved a ton over the last couple of years and I believe us making the jump to the ACC was a big plus for the basketball program. Heres to hoping at least an appearance in the dance will help even more. We certainly gave UNC and Duke a run for their money even though we couldnt manage to pull a win out against NC State.

Funny though... the women always do well, and they arent in it this year. One team at a time I guess?
The Hokies have been a good addition to the ACC. I was VERY skeptical about the expansion. It''s worked out quite nicely. I have VT in the sweet sixteen. I have a soft spot for *all* the ACC teams and tend to put them through w/ my heart reacting.
2.gif
9.gif

Here''s to our TEAMS! The NIT has been fun to follow as well. NC State will be playing in there old arena "Reynolds Colesium" - sold out in an hour. The decibal level in that auditorium is unbelieveable.

My brackets are packed I know I have UNC, UCLA, FL and I think Ohio State in the final four. BC, FL, UCLA, VCU, Butler, VT, and can''t remember the rest winning.

njc

Brilliant_Rock
emcocktl.gif
HERE, HERE!!!
embeer.gif

I have all the ACC teams going through to the second round at least, even UVa!
11.gif
Thats always a tought pick for me.
2.gif
I have UNC playing in the final against Kansas in one bracket. I always mix it all up between two... I never win though, but its fun!

Best of luck to NC State... they should fair very well.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Well, just unpacked my bracket - felt naked without it whilst separated!
6.gif
I''m truly a Bracateer!

Anyho - I have VT going to the Elite Eight. Played that one with my head - besides I think Kansas is over rated
37.gif
I have NC & Florida final. It was great to see BC & MD through. The only ACC team I don''t have advancing is Duke - can not bring myself to it - plus VCU Rams is a homey!

Could remember who exactly played today - so off of Belle''s list w/ just a few exceptons:

MD
BC
Louisville
Wash St.
Butler
G''town
A&M
G. Washington
OSU (though many moons ago my sister played bball for C. Conn St.
10.gif
)
VCU - homey''s combined with being a Dirty ball playin Duke hater.
Mich Stat - though this is usually a good match up
UCLA - I have them through to final four - don''t think they are that good but they seem to always have the LUCK on their side!

Xavier - never under estimate a Catholic school
37.gif

Pitt
NC
Indiana

Curious - how much do you''all play with your head - how much heart?

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Well, not too many surprises. Maybe 8 vs 9 - 9''s winning. VCU feel under the radar b/c little is known about them. I have seen them play. If they brought their game, Duke (being the arrogant team & not researching them) wouldn''t know what hit them. Keep in mind, the are in the same league as George Mason (Cinderella from last year) & beat them for the finals in their tourney. I''ve got VCU beating Pitt in the next round. Every year I get excited about Pitt & every year they let me down
7.gif

Today - besides NC State in the NIT''s
9.gif
10.gif
I have:

FL
AZ
Winthrop
Oregon
GT
Wis
Kansas
Willanova
VT
S.Ill - though Holy Cross could upset them
S.Cat
TX
Tenn
VA
Nevada - though Crieghton always has something up their sleeve
Memphis

I wonder if today will be the day of upsets!

Dang, I LOVE March Madness.

Good luck to your teams!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
no, no surprises yesterday really. i knew vcu had a real chance at beating duke. they are totally overrated this year and were gifted a 6 seed....but c'est la vie i guess that's what happens when you are in a strong conference and your coach has 68 (SIXTY EIGHT!) ncaa tournament WINS and 10
23.gif
final four berths. i'm just not surprised.
i was reaaaallly hoping byu would pull out a win for the mwc
7.gif
here's hopin' for unlv

for today:

unlv
virginia
memphis
winthrop
long beach st. (what was i thinking!)
wisconsin
nevada - i think the wolfpack will bounce back after their loss in the conference tourney
oregon who can stop the ducks!?
va tech love for indecisive and njc's hokies
2.gif

kansas
purdue
tx
salukies
kentucky
florida
usc

best of luck to nc state too!
35.gif

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock

Granted, Duke is overrated - but I think VCU is underrated. Their coach knows how to play in the NCAA - he was the assistant coach for Fl. last year. And gotta love my homey's from Richmond.

How can you not love a team named the Salukies!
2.gif

Anyone watch the Carolina game? Noticed Hansbrough was MVP of the game. Did he play with the mask? If so, is he getting used to it?

Edited to add - I can't spell to save my name.

Belle, did you go to UNLV? Are you old enough to remember the NC State UNLV semifinal?

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/16/2007 11:23:14 AM

Granted, Duke is overrated - but I think VCU is underrated. Their coach knows how to play in the NCAA - he was the assistant coach for Fl. last year. And gotta love my homey''s from Richmond.

yep...i agree. we''ll see what happens in the second round.
36.gif

2.gif

that''s what i''m saying!
26.gif

Anyone watch the Carolina game? Noticed Hansbrough was MVP of the game. Did he play with the mask? If so, is he getting used to it?

yes, he did wear it. it looked like it saved him a couple of times too! it sure didn''t deter him... he was right in under the basket aggressive as ever. i''d say...he''s getting used to it
2.gif

Belle, did you go to UNLV? Are you old enough to remember the NC State UNLV semifinal?

i did not go to unlv. your wolfpack won one of it''s greatest games in history at my alma mater
2.gif

njc

Brilliant_Rock
I never pay much attention to college basketball with the except of this time of year, I am more into the football for some reason. That said, my picks are part heart, part overall team history and part just luck I guess. I will admit I have put Pitt through to the Elite Eight on one bracket out of pure love for them and us (VT) formerly being in the Big East (I feel the same way about WVU). I usually put Xavier and Gonzonga through to at least Round 2 becuase they are almost ALWAYS there. I also have old love for UNC... when I was playing a lot of basketball in middle and high school, every one sported Carolina Blue. Spent a few summers down there for softball camp too.

Yesterday I lost Duke and Marquette. I hate the 8/9 match ups!!! More of them to come tonight...

Today:
Florida
Purdue
Winthrop
Oregan
UNLV
Wisconsin
Kansas
Kentucky
HOKiES! - Thank Belle!
2.gif

S. Illinois
USC
Texas
Tenn
UVa
Neveda
Memphis

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/16/2007 12:11:02 PM

Granted, Duke is overrated - but I think VCU is underrated. Their coach knows how to play in the NCAA - he was the assistant coach for Fl. last year. And gotta love my homey''s from Richmond.

yep...i agree. we''ll see what happens in the second round.
36.gif

2.gif

that''s what i''m saying!
26.gif

yes, he did wear it. it looked like it saved him a couple of times too! it sure didn''t deter him... he was right in under the basket aggressive as ever. i''d say...he''s getting used to it
2.gif

i did not go to unlv. your wolfpack won one of it''s greatest games in history at my alma mater
2.gif
You''ve peaked my curiousity. Humm...I know what my husband would say about the greatest game ever played - but that would involve a major and you said you went to a mid-major. Could we be referring to a team named Pi Slamma Jamma? By far, *our* best strategicallly played game
2.gif
If not, give me a hint.

Thanks for the info on Hansbrough. Yeah, the mask really DOES save him. I talked to my compadre in March Madness - Tarheel Alumni Nephew - fanatical Carolina fan. He said that they fitted Hansbrough with a new mask that made his vision better.

Anyone else addicted to NCAAsports.com Scoreboard?

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/16/2007 12:55:55 PM

You''ve peaked my curiousity. Humm...I know what my husband would say about the greatest game ever played - but that would involve a major and you said you went to a mid-major. Could we be referring to a team named Pi Slamma Jamma? By far, *our* best strategicallly played game
2.gif
If not, give me a hint.
we are talking phi slamma jamma! houston isn''t my team, but ''the pit'' is my home court.
2.gif

that''s why i keep picking these mwc teams (with my heart!) to win.... go UNLV!

Date: 3/16/2007 12:55:55 PM

Thanks for the info on Hansbrough. Yeah, the mask really DOES save him. I talked to my compadre in March Madness - Tarheel Alumni Nephew - fanatical Carolina fan. He said that they fitted Hansbrough with a new mask that made his vision better.

Anyone else addicted to NCAAsports.com Scoreboard?
yeah...hansbrough looked great yesterday. don''t tell your nephew...but i would have questioned how far nc could go without him in good form ...but seeing how well he did yesterday with the (newly fitted!) mask proved they are going to be tough to beat.

yikes...i have not been to ncaasports.com scoreboard!

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Dang Belle - Can''t remember what I had for breakfast - but I remember every minute of *that* game.
9.gif
My heart will forever be in the Albuquerque "Pit".
2.gif
Que Springstein''s "Glory Days"
2.gif
9.gif
That glass slipper sure did fit goooood.

UNLV/GA. Tech game is a good matchup. UNLV with the edge. Might come down to the wire. Good luck!

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Congrats Belle & UNLV!

The games today sure have been quite a bit more wild & topsy turvey! TX A&M CC? Wisconsin better get going.

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
Today has been pretty good for me - lost Notre Dame, but have picked all the other winners. I picked Oregon to win - but as it was so close, I was secretly hoping for Miami of Ohio to pull off the upset. I live in Southern California - so I see all the Pac 10 games during the regular season - and I just have to say the Pac 10 is just a bunch of teams with weak shooters. I don''t understand all the "experts" claiming it is the toughest league. BS, if you ask me.

NIT - Fire&Ice - good luck tonight. The West Virginia Mountaineers could be seeing you next week!

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/16/2007 7:02:17 PM
Author: LAJennifer
Today has been pretty good for me - lost Notre Dame, but have picked all the other winners. I picked Oregon to win - but as it was so close, I was secretly hoping for Miami of Ohio to pull off the upset. I live in Southern California - so I see all the Pac 10 games during the regular season - and I just have to say the Pac 10 is just a bunch of teams with weak shooters. I don''t understand all the ''experts'' claiming it is the toughest league. BS, if you ask me.

NIT - Fire&Ice - good luck tonight. The West Virginia Mountaineers could be seeing you next week!
We will be seeing W.VA next week!
36.gif
36.gif
That said - at the same time
23.gif
This could be a very good game. I hope State rests & come healthy. Wolfpack has a long history with W.VA. Hot Rod Hundley was an Everette Case recruit. At the last minute due to a family emergency, he stayed in W.VA. The rest history. Hot Rod built the Stadium & Jerry West''s retort was "I paid it off".

Wow - close games w/ the giants pulling it out in the end! Go Hokies! What was up with the Ducks! Yeah, secretely hoping for an upset.

Today I''m pulling for the VCU Rams, BC, MD, NC. Also, Ohio State does not look good. I wonder if Xavier can pull an upset. They have the heart to do it!

Cheers to the ACC!

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
prolly following the sentiment of many here
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif

Now I know why they call it March MADness.
39.gif

Where are all the BBall fans? Pondering what lipstick to wear?
2.gif

The games were good - just not pleased at the outcome. UNLV was robbed. Also, what is up with free throws - or LACK THERE OF winning games - a la Ohio State/Villanova. Man, they won one they shouldn''t have!

My only ACC team left - GO Tarheels!

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
How are everyone''s brackets? Three of my final 4 are still playing. Concerning the "Other" Tournament - Let''s Go Mountaineers!!!

njc

Brilliant_Rock
I have 3 of the 4 as well... Georgetown (little hometown shout out since the Hokies have been done!), UCLA, and Florida. I have Florida winning it all over Gtown. We shall see...

Watched the Gtown/UNC game with my dad over the weekend... he was in New Orleans the last time the two teams met trying to get to the final four. I thought that was pretty cool.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results