shape
carat
color
clarity

Maps for invitations

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

musincy

Brilliant_Rock
Did any of you take on the task of making your own maps to include with the invitations? If you did... how did you do it?

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Musincy - I haven''t made my own, however, if I am not mistaken, if you try weddingmapper.com you *might* be able to print something from there ... I very well may be mistaken but weddingmapper.com, if you haven''t heard of it before, is still pretty neat to have on your website or to email to guests etc.

Good luck!
35.gif

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Yes I did. I created them in Inkscape, open source-Illustrator like program. It''s free. I think it came out pretty nice. I''m going to print them out and add little illustrations to them for the icons (e.g. compass, hotel, shopping, wedding location, brunch location etc). I''m attaching it scaled down.

Steps
1) Pull up a map online from Google Maps, or whatever.
2) Take a screenshot of the online map image
3) Open the screenshot in Illustrator/Inkscape etc.
4) Add a new layer to your image. Let''s call them Roads and select the new layer
5) Trace lines over the roads/lakes/etc you want to highlight
6) Add a new layer to your image. Let''s call it Paths
7) copy all the roads/lines from step 5
8) paste to your Paths layer (this will become paths for you street names)
9) Select all the lines in the Paths layer and make them Paths. It should be in the menu or right click menu.
10) Make your paths lines either super duper thin or opacity very very low.
11) Using the text box tool write out all your street names
12) select the appropriate Path for each street name and put the text on the path. Should be a menu selection under Text or possibly a right click option
13) Delete the screen shot layer.

PBMapWInsert-lml.jpg

teapot

Shiny_Rock
We did our own maps and we used Adobe Illustrator, if you know someone who has illustrator experience or if you have time to learn how to use a similar/same program, it''s not difficult. I highly recommend it. It makes the invites look really good for a fraction of getting a professional to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results