shape
carat
color
clarity

Man, this is harder than I thought

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My youngest daughter cured me instantly. We were 10ft from the door to her kindergarten class on the first day and she looked at us and yelled "Ok bye! See you later!", and ran into class without us. And so it was from that day forward. No hugs or anything. Lol. We'd seen other kids crying and not wanting to go in by themselves.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I guess that's a good thing right @lyra? Honestly I didn't see any kids crying, they're all like my son, totally done with being home and ready to see new faces!

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What was sad for us was that one little girl in the class told all the kids that everything wasn't actually real. One fell swoop and the tooth fairy, santa claus and the easter bunny were gone! My daughter had still believed at that point, haha. I guess it's a right of passage for all kids. Or some parents don't do any of that stuff.:P2

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
When my son started school when he was 4, I dropped him off, ran to the car thinking “I’m free!’ I’m beginning to think I was a bad mother :lol:
:lol::P2:lol-2:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh gosh @lyra that is really sad because at that age most kids still believe in all that stuff. Not sure when my oldest stopped believing but something tells me the little one will figure it out much sooner!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My daughter had had terrible separation anxiety her first tear of pre-school (age 3) and I had sat in her classroom for weeks (not interacting with her) to ease her into it. She had adjusted really well to it, however, having no problems the following year (age 4). Her reaction to kindergarten started me, although I knew her history. She told me that she was OK at kindergarted, but then I found her crying in her sleep. I ended up sitting in her kindergarten classroom; then just outside the classroom door; and finally in the office as she adjusted to separating from me!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gosh @AGBF, you are a wonderful mother!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results