shape
carat
color
clarity

Making progress/I am a brat

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

KimberJEB

Shiny_Rock
Well, we are making progress. I checked his bank account today (I am allowed to do that, I pay all bills online) and saw that he has bought my stone. YAY! But now I have had this series of reactions.

#1 - YAY!
#2 - Ok, based on where he got the stone, I am pretty sure I know what setting he is getting. Even though LAST WEEK it was my fav of the two settings, when I saw that it is probably mine I got REALLY disappointed.
#3 - OMG...what this actually means is HE BOUGHT MY STONE! Scr3w the setting and the ring and...it means he actually has some desire to marrry me...YAY!
#4 - Hmmm...it''s just the stone. That doesn''t mean he is setting it anytime soon. And it doesn''t mean even if he sets it he will GIVE it to me anytime soon. Uh oh.
#5 (this occured while writing the post) - what if he is just finally caving to pressure?

LOL. As I said I am a total and complete brat. I just can''t help it. Or I just can''t look at things in a positive light. Or something. Instead, I focus on the negative (read #2 and #4). Or maybe after all this time I can''t believe that he really wants to marry me. (and gonig to write #5 now).

And then the whole ring thing. It is the Vatche Royal Crown which I LOVED when I tried on. I always wanted sapphire sidestones, but I fell in love with that. Then went back to my original fav (sapph sides, channel set diamonds). Then back to the royal crown. Then I saw that based on teh store he bought the stone, I will probably end up with the RC. And I wanted the other one. WHY? Why does it bug me?

And now I am not worried about the ring, I will love whatever he gets me, but now I am worried that a) fine he bought a stone, but...that doesn''t really mean anything, and b) maybe I just forced him into it.

ARRRRRRGGGHHHH

I am annoying. Even to myself.

But happy.

I am a raging lunatic?

Ok, that''s enough rambling for now.
Kimberly

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
LOL
2.gif

Girl, you are not a raging lunatic. You are a LIW!!!!!!

PROGRESS!!! YAY!!! I''m sure some of the graduates can speak more to item #2, but I bet it''s normal to have a sudden reverse buyer''s remorse when you realize that it is picked and there''s probably no more changing minds every other day as we all tend to do.

You''re not crazy and you''re not a brat! You''re anxious and excited!
9.gif
9.gif

KimberJEB

Shiny_Rock
lol, you''re probably right. It''s just a weird feeling. And I have been excited b/c I think we are making progress SO MANY TIMES before, that even though this is legitimate progress, I still feel worried about it. Does that make sense?

Melissa Sue said in a thread that after she finally got engaged she forgot all this stress and worry and resentment. I sure hope she is right...

appletini

Ideal_Rock
K--I''m so excited for you, but I''m sure that knowing he bought the stone does bring on a whole new set of anxiety...especially if he keeps you waiting. I''m sure the setting will be beautiful...I hope its girl soon!

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
yay for progress!
36.gif
if your a raging lunatic, your talking to an insane asylum!!!! no lunacy, just normal, average, anxious LIW hourly/daily thoughts!!!

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Maybe this''ll help, maybe not, but here goes anyways!!

When we finally got engaged, I was so over-the-moon happy and thrilled that I totally forgot that I''m "supposed" to get an ering (I had a $8.88 Walmart temp ring for the first month)! I know Croi felt this way too, sort of like: What? I get this great guy AND I get a diamond too?!?!?

Like Melissa, I also felt all that anxiety and strange LIW feelings melt away. It was like they never existed at all once we were "officially" engaged. The diamond is extra icing on the cake. Relax! You''re totally normal!
1.gif

NoonersMom

Shiny_Rock
LOL Kimber, you''re not a brat, you''re just resourceful for checking the account! Hopefully the proposal is girl soon & not boy soon! hehe. Either way, it will all work out & you''ll love whatever he proposes with because he proposed! Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Croí

Shiny_Rock

Kimberly !

I can safely second what JCJD said and I STILL don''t have my ring and I''m getting married a month from this Saturday ! hehehheh. LUNACY CAPITAL here chickie !!
31.gif

I think it''s nearly ''safer'' to obsess over the stone/setting/ring than to keep looking too, too closely (and in girl terms, which, let''s face it, can be too emotionally fraught for our own good)at why he hasn''t asked yet, bought it yet, DONE ANYTHING yet !!

For myself, I can safely say that all I needed, all I really needed and wanted above everything, was for him to ask me to be his wife. When he did that, I got everything .......... the stone, ring, wedding - all of the rest of the ''trimmings'' are bonus-territory. It was him, body/mind/soul that I want, crave, believe in, hope for, LOVE TO PIECES - and seemingly he feels likewise since he did ask me to be his wife !
9.gif

I''m thrilled for you that he has the stone - and I hope he asks girl-soon but enjoy this time of ''unknowing'', it''s all in the perspective. Once you are engaged, all the questions and yes, torture, are over - finito forever !! So take it and enjoy it so you can laugh later at how crazy you made yourself.

Very happy for you - progress indeed !!!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
You know the word hysteria origins comes from ovaries traveling throughout the body...Women''s Stdueis teacher told me that.
12.gif
11.gif
Anyway I dont think you are crazy I think you are being normal. Hell I went to look at setting this weekend and saw the one I knew I wanted and didnt like it....what can I say it just wasnt me. Then we went to another store and I saw the ring of my dreams. Its soo spiffy. I got that evil I want it, I will have it, its mine look. And I told him how I felt. Now I am home and I am thinking geez do I really want that it is soo pretty but is it trendy, will I like it is 10 years? Should I really ask him to spend that much on the setting
33.gif
. Dont feel bad in the least that you are going back and forth. I do this all the time about lots of things (water to plane tickets) and I see everything through what it is costing me to have it.... as long as you dont start talking to yourself I think you are fine. Perhaps it would help you to look at wedding bands you like for the one you are getting to make you feel more excited about it! I am sure that which ever you get it will be lovely!

hellokitty

Rough_Rock
Kimber, im so happy for you!!!! Now that he has the stone, I dont think it will be much longer till proposal time :)
I know how you feel about changing your mind on settings, i went from reg tiff 4-prong, to tiffany replica, to vatche x prong, now,, how am I going to tell bf that im thinking about the tiffany replica again?? Point is, you gave him ideas on what you like,, and mabye today you may be leaning toward the saphires, but whatever he got you/ is going to get you, you like both settings anyway!! Dont feel like you forced him into it, guys usually want some element of surprise, so you may have been curious about when hes gonna propose, while the whole time, he had a time frame in mind anyway :)
Congrats, ill be anxiously waiting to see pics
anna

KimberJEB

Shiny_Rock
LOL...know more updates, but...I was looking at a pic of someones solitaire today (think I am getting a solitaire) and thinking how simple and pretty it was. And how I hope that''s what I am getting.

Obviously I have no idea what I want, but when I see it in person I have a feeling I will be thrilled regardless. Especially since when I see it in person it will be when I KNOW 100% that Daniel wants to marry me...
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results