shape
carat
color
clarity

Makeup use-up

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been wearing makeup for over 40 years. I have never had any kind of problem with old products.
I try to use up product as much as I can. You can get into the bottom of foundation bottles with a Q-tip or the skinny end of a makeup brush. Those pump bottles are annoying, but you can pry off the top and get in there too.
Eyeshadow lasts forever. Inexpensive lipsticks sometimes get rancid, but this takes years and years.
But I am guilty of buying more lipsticks than I need....

Cockatiel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I feel like lip colors that look good are very skin tone and hair color dependant, even more so than eye and cheek makeup. I have dark reddish brown hair most of the time but when I go lighter or less reddish, I feel like I look like an idiot wearing my usual vampy lipstick colors. I would still wear vampy lipstick but ever so slightly different tones of vampy colors, I don't know. A girl can never have too many lipsticks!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I fall into the corals and reds, a very few pinks. Give me a red lip any day! Nudes make me washed out at my age.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I feel like lip colors that look good are very skin tone and hair color dependant, even more so than eye and cheek makeup. I have dark reddish brown hair most of the time but when I go lighter or less reddish, I feel like I look like an idiot wearing my usual vampy lipstick colors. I would still wear vampy lipstick but ever so slightly different tones of vampy colors, I don't know. A girl can never have too many lipsticks!
Yesterday I was in a store talking with the assistant manager. She had blonde hair and black lipstick. I could not hear what she said to me, because her black lips were so loud. :lol-2::P2

Cockatiel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I fall into the corals and reds, a very few pinks. Give me a red lip any day! Nudes make me washed out at my age.

Yeah nudes are tricky. I think I prefer my lips to be a few shades darker than my complexion. Like on a grayscale image I don't want the lips to be too close to the color of the skin. So many factors to consider with nudes, like where it falls on the light-dark spectrum, level of brown/gray, warm/cool, finish and texture. I find whether they look good or not also depends on the ambient lighting conditions too. o_O

AV_

Ideal_Rock
Only two times I got scared at my own face in a mirror: after 50h of travel fasting sleepless :(2 & with lips coloured close to my foundation o_O... Only at the morgue!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Only two times I got scared at my own face in a mirror: after 50h of travel fasting sleepless :(2 & with lips coloured close to my foundation o_O... Only at the morgue!

Too funny!:lol:

I had a reaction to the IV drip last time I was at the hospital. My lips were swollen to the size of sausages and my face was like a watermelon!:shock: Not a pretty sight!

Reactions: AV_

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This thread is a timely reminder. I have 2 drawers full of makeup that I haven't worn in more than a year. Time to throw some out.

I am pretty good with skincare though, generally. I use them til they're finished.

Reactions: AV_

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am TERRIBLE at the not buying thing. I went too crazy again this Black Friday and I am going to probably relist a few things to sell.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results