shape
carat
color
clarity

Maison Birks Diamond Maple Leaf

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I fully admit that I copied this from a European Royal, Countess Wessex of Britain. I like Princess Madeleine of Sweden best but she doesn't wear much jewelry. I follow the style blogs of the royal fashion-followers - it's so interesting to learn where they buy stuff.

Here is a Countess wearing "my" necklace! I was concerned it would be too small but the sparkle makes up for it. It's from Birks and she got hers when she visited Canada. I got mine when Birks had a 20% Visa promo and the exchange rate became very good.

The other thing that sold me was the design. The inside edges are very well-defined and although it's quite small, because of that definition you can tell at a distance that it's a maple leaf and not just a shapeless blob. That's a design triumph for such a small piece, IMHO.

Here are the photos:

450372105.jpg

dscn0273.jpg

dscn0284.jpg

dscn0288.jpg

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Further photos.

_37290.jpg

_37291.jpg

dscn0304.jpg

dscn0305.jpg

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
One more for luck.

dscn0307.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You have lovely pieces, Jambalaya! And, I might add, for a "dinosaur" you have lovely young and gorgeous skin! I suspect that if I were to meet you, I would think that you were young and lovely :))

Both pieces look great on you.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, Minous! I have a big double chin - but for photos you just stretch your neck up as high as it'll go, tense your throat muscles, and keep the camera low n' close! And, um, photoshop. Noticed my hands look better here than the swallow photos?? If you saw my lower half in a bathing suit you'd think I was 20 years older than my real age. ;(

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
minousbijoux|1464054593|4035525 said:
You have lovely pieces, Jambalaya! And, I might add, for a "dinosaur" you have lovely young and gorgeous skin! I suspect that if I were to meet you, I would think that you were young and lovely :))

Both pieces look great on you.

I just noticed this bit. Haa! I weight 205 pounds and well into my fifth decade. Thanks though. Scarves can work wonders.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Minous, don't you think the Coutess looks lovely? I :love: her. I watched her speeches on Youtube and she has a beautiful voice. I know this sounds nuts, but it sounds like bells tinkling. She's 50 in this photo. Looks good, doesn't she?

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is why I keep the lens low, Minous. To make the camera lie until it's red in the face!

A nice necklace distracts the eye downward.

The upside of not being, ahem, the slimmest person in the room is a powerful embonpoint traveling before me like a transatlantic liner slicing through the night. And that is also a wonderful distraction from the mantelpiece! :wink2:

dscn0315.jpg

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just tried to do a new signature but it's not showing up. Let's see if it shows in this post.

Nope. It won't show. It is:

~~~~Never be afraid to laugh at yourself. You might just make yourself smile!~~~~

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's pretty and elegant and I don't think it looks too small at all!!!

acaw2015

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Love this! :appl:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty! I love it!

MJ_Mac

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Very nice and it looks wonderful on you. I actually debated about getting the necklace but ended up getting the lapel pin/brooch instead. I actually just bought it this past Saturday - how's that for coincidence. You're right, for something so tiny it packs a lot of sparkle punch. For the record, I think you have lovely skin and what a gorgeous way to accent that glowing skin.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is SO pretty! :love: :appl:

It looks fab on you, good going!!!!

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Poodles4me|1464124417|4035907 said:
Very nice and it looks wonderful on you. I actually debated about getting the necklace but ended up getting the lapel pin/brooch instead. I actually just bought it this past Saturday - how's that for coincidence. You're right, for something so tiny it packs a lot of sparkle punch. For the record, I think you have lovely skin and what a gorgeous way to accent that glowing skin.

Aww, that's nice, thank you. It gets very red and blotchy which I think you can see in the photos but the flash tends to wash it out a little, fortunately. I always came out in red, itchy heat rashes too, so I never sunbathed too much and I think that has helped, too.

:wavey:

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, everyone. Poodles, please will you post your maple leaf brooch? I'd really lovely to see it! I've looked at it before but found it a little on the expensive side for me. I bet it's gorgeous and I would love to see photos of it - lots, please! :appl:

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So pretty and sparkly!!! Looks lovely on you!! :love: :love:

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, Zesty, and to everyone else who commented. I've always liked the maple leaf as a symbol - I find the design pleasing. And I like Canadian maple-leaf-shaped cookies with the maple-flavor cream center, too!

Really hoping that Poodles posts her maple-leaf brooch! :dance:

MJ_Mac

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Jambalaya, you and I have similar skin. I understand what you mean about the red and blotchy - oh the joy of being fair skinned (lol)!

I will post pics of my brooch in a few days. We're having some work done in our house and my computer is currently covered with a drop cloth. I am using my iPad to post this but don't know how to add pictures from it.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sometimes I re-touch my skin a lot for these photos, sometimes a little, and sometimes I don't have time. Glad someone else understands!

Poodles, I can't wait to see your brooch! Yayy! I'm excited about that. What size did you get? (I think there are two sizes.)

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful pendant. I looks fabulous on you too. :wavey:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is a classic and beautiful necklace, Jambalaya. It used to be the only style of jewelry I would wear until I lost my mind and started wearing the "brassy" 24K gold that I now do with hammered bangles and whatnot. I absolutely love this. And I agree with everyone else that your skin is youthful and lovely.

Hugs,
Deb

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, Marcy and AGBF! I hope to emulate the youthful countess! She's 50 but doesn't look it - her skin is amazing.

Do you still wear your maple-like pieces, AGBF? I wear both white metals and deep yellow. I've become keener on yellow though, and sometimes the icier combinations seem a little chilly and sterile, but I still love them.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jambalaya|1464639868|4038229 said:
Do you still wear your maple-like pieces, AGBF? I wear both white metals and deep yellow. I've become keener on yellow though, and sometimes the icier combinations seem a little chilly and sterile, but I still love them.

What I said was misleading. I do not have any "maple-like" pieces. What I meant was that I only wore small single pearl earrings; a single strand of pearls; and similar pieces of jewelry until I was well into my forties. When I was engaged my ring was an 18K yellow gold oval with 2 1-point diamonds nesting in it. My wedding band was a plain 18K, thin circle. I wore nothing big until much later in life.

I do, now, have some platinum and white gold necklaces with diamonds, however. ;))

Deb :wavey:

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And also your huge diamond WF hoops! :appl:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful necklace! My SIL is Canadian...it would be a lovely gift but I'm sure it's not in my gift giving budget :-o .

I can relate to the neck thing...I just had an OEC necklace made in what I thought I wanted length - 16 inches. When I got it
I was like Oh, H-E-double L no...all it did was draw my eyes to my lovely turkey waddle neck! I had to put an extender on it
to get the OEC down to where it wasnt highlighting my lovely "feature". :lol: I'm thinking my jewelry fund needs to be
renamed to future neck lift/surgery fund!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really pretty and sparkly, and looks lovely on you! :appl: :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results