shape
carat
color
clarity

Main Line Shopping - Question for Kaleigh & DF (& any other Philly people!)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
I didn''t want to highjack another thread with Main Line shopping talk, so I thought I''d start a new one!
2.gif
My mom has officially begun her Mother of the Bride dress search, but hasn''t found anything promising yet. She would love something in a deep plum or eggplant color, so color is her first priority... but otherwise, she''s pretty open in terms of style... and usually wears a size 8 dress, which shouldn''t really limit her. Any suggestions on dress shops in the area that might be worth checking out? After dragging her around to a zillion bridal shops over the summer, I''m excited to go looking for her now (any excuse to shop
31.gif
)!

The people at Priscilla''s suggested a couple but I can''t remember them off the top of my head...

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Off the top of my head there are 2 in Suburban Square I'd check out
Josephine Sasso
Suky Rosan

In Strafford off of Lancaster Avenue
Christa's
Ellie's

In King pf Prussia
Neimans

I'll post more as I think of them. And I'm sure DF will have some great suggestions....

There is a store in Bryn Mawr, can't think of the name, but don't love the owner, so won't send you there!!! It's right by Yvves Delorme and is on Lancaster Avenue. If you go avoid Angela, too much high pressure for moi!!!
2.gif

Forgot to add Saks Fifth Avenue in Bala Cynwyd.

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you so much, Kaleigh!! I knew you'd have great suggestions.
9.gif

You are the second person who has mentioned Suky for MOB, so we will definitely put that on the list. I was there once with my maid of honor to dress-shop for me, but at the time it didn't occur to me to check out the special occasion section.

Christa's is in Spread Eagle Village, right? I vaguely remember seeing that when we were at The Wedding Shoppe there.

We will avoid the Bryn Mawr place... high-pressure is not really my mom's thing, either! Although I wonder if that could be one of the shops recommended by Priscilla's? I wish I could remember the names...

Ooooh this is going to be fun......
36.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/24/2007 6:52:11 PM
Author: ephemery1
Thank you so much, Kaleigh!! I knew you''d have great suggestions.
9.gif

You are the second person who has mentioned Suky for MOB, so we will definitely put that on the list. I was there once with my maid of honor to dress-shop for me, but at the time it didn''t occur to me to check out the special occasion section.

Christa''s is in Spread Eagle Village, right? I vaguely remember seeing that when we were at The Wedding Shoppe there.

We will avoid the Bryn Mawr place... high-pressure is not really my mom''s thing, either! Although I wonder if that could be one of the shops recommended by Priscilla''s? I wish I could remember the names...

Ooooh this is going to be fun......
36.gif
It could very well be and I am still blanking on the name. They have great dresses, but they pull them out for you, and you don''t get to sift through them on your own. Annoying as heck if you ask me. Christa''s is in Spread Eagle Village and my friend Jennifer is the Manager. She''s a doll. I know DF will know the name of the store I am referring to, we have talked about it!!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
The store I couldn''t remember is Latrice!! It just came to me. Worth a shot if you are going to Suburban Square. Just go in and be blunt that you want to have a look around first, and take it from there. It was driving me nuts that I couldn''t remember the name. Senior moment for me, hehe.
20.gif
3.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree with all of Kaleigh's...

Josephine Sasso and Suky are in Ardmore and Sasso will make anything and has tons of styles and fabrics.

Suky has some nice things too.

The store in Byrn Mawr, Latrice, I have an awesome sales girl, Debby, tell her Caroline sent you...I do not like the owner at all and will not go if she is there, but some of her there stuff is nice.

Diane Beloff (formerly Toby Lerner) in Haverford, ask for Evelyn she is awesome (tell her Caroline sent you)

Saks in Bala is also okay, and I think Sophy Curson in town is good, I have never been...and Joan Shepp, again, I have never been...but those should give you some good options!

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kaleigh and Diamondfan listed all the best stores. Sophy Curson is a small shop on 19th St. in downtown Phila. She had beautiful things. Now is a good time to look for the dress because a lot of stores brought in extra things for the Academy Ball. Joan Shepp tends to carry very modern clothes, more for making an entrance into a nightclub, and I don't care for the fabrics or workmanship there.

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/24/2007 8:53:53 PM
Author: Kaleigh
The store I couldn''t remember is Latrice!! It just came to me. Worth a shot if you are going to Suburban Square. Just go in and be blunt that you want to have a look around first, and take it from there. It was driving me nuts that I couldn''t remember the name. Senior moment for me, hehe.
20.gif
3.gif
Bridal Garden in New Jersey was the same way about bringing stuff out for you to try, rather than trusting you to browse... it drove me crazy!! I can see how it might work for somebody who doesn''t really know what they want or just doesn''t care... but c''mon. After 3 hours of trying to explain what I wanted, and about 14 hopeless trips back and forth from the storeroom for the consultant, we both gave up!!
20.gif
38.gif

But I REALLY appreciate the warning about Latrice... and since DF knows somebody good there, we''ll keep it on the list for now!
1.gif

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/24/2007 10:37:48 PM
Author: diamondfan
I agree with all of Kaleigh''s...

Josephine Sasso and Suky are in Ardmore and Sasso will make anything and has tons of styles and fabrics.

Suky has some nice things too.

The store in Byrn Mawr, Latrice, I have an awesome sales girl, Debby, tell her Caroline sent you...I do not like the owner at all and will not go if she is there, but some of her there stuff is nice.

Diane Beloff (formerly Toby Lerner) in Haverford, ask for Evelyn she is awesome (tell her Caroline sent you)

Saks in Bala is also okay, and I think Sophy Curson in town is good, I have never been...and Joan Shepp, again, I have never been...but those should give you some good options!
Thank you so much for your input!! I take the R5 out to Rosemont Tues-Thurs and when we stopped at Ardmore this morning, I could actually see Josephine Sasso from the window... I think it was a sign! Especially since I''m usually completely zoned out on the train before my coffee has kicked in... it''s amazing I even noticed we were at Suburban Square!
3.gif

I really appreciate the names of the consultants, too (consultants? whatever they''re called... I''m on permanent bridal-shop mode these days!)... it''s so helpful to know somebody specific. Saks and some of the KoP department stores are on the list too... this is going to be quite a shopping expedition. And now I''m on the hunt for a fun shower dress for myself, too....
1.gif

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/25/2007 8:42:11 AM
Author: Madam Bijoux
Kaleigh and Diamondfan listed all the best stores. Sophy Curson is a small shop on 19th St. in downtown Phila. She had beautiful things. Now is a good time to look for the dress because a lot of stores brought in extra things for the Academy Ball. Joan Shepp tends to carry very modern clothes, more for making an entrance into a nightclub, and I don''t care for the fabrics or workmanship there.
I walk by Sophy Curson every day (I live on Rittenhouse, so just across the square!) and have never gone in... I''ll definitely have to check it out. Thank you so much for the specific details about both places! Although it is usually easier to get my mom to meet me outside of the city... driving all the way in requires a special occasion.
9.gif
MB, do you live here in center city too?

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
E, while I love Neimans and Saks, and the Saks here is small and I have personal shoppers at both stores, there is something really great about smaller boutiques. The nice thing is if I tell one of the salespeople I work with what I am looking for, and they only get in one in my size they will hold it for me and call me first. Great also for sales...there was a really pretty navy Prada short dress cocktail dressI liked, it was 1500.00, no beading, just really lovely, and I did not need it at the time, but I mentioned to the woman I work with, Hey, if it goes on sale, call me. I ended up getting it for 70% off, and it is perfect for spring and some cocktail parties I have coming up...she watched it and called me and knew my size so in the end it was great! The bigger stores have tons of stuff, which is great, but you also run the risk of lots of other people having a go at the same stuff, the boutiques tend to buy a bit differently and have more special pieces...

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
MB, do you live here in center city too?

Hi, Ephemery! I live about 19 miles outside of Philadelphia, but I'm in town every day.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results