shape
carat
color
clarity

Maid of Honor

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sugary

Rough_Rock
I know it may sound crazy, but I''d like to ask my grandmother (the nice one) Mimi to be my maid of honor. Next to my parents, she is the one I have always turned to for anything and everything, and she has always dropped anything she was doing for me. She is 70 years old, but you would never know it! She is gorgeous in every which way and it would make me happy to have her be my maid of honor.

Do you think I am crazy?

By the way, the wedding date is October 31, 2009 (Halloween!!!) I will be using an "Autumn" theme for the wedding.. I have permission to design a set for the ceremony! yeah!

sugary

Definitely. Maybe

Brilliant_Rock
I actually love the idea. I think it is so sweet and I am sure she would feel so honored to have such a siginificant place in your wedding. :)

missjaxon

Brilliant_Rock
I think that would be so amazing and special. That is wonderful that you have such a great relationship with you Grandma.

panda08

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/18/2009 5:14:01 PM
Author: Definitely, Maybe
I actually love the idea. I think it is so sweet and I am sure she would feel so honored to have such a siginificant place in your wedding. :)
Ditto. I think it''s a wonderful idea.

galvana

Brilliant_Rock
I think its an awesome idea. My gram is very special to me and Im actually having her walk me down the aisle. I say go for it!

misspinky

Brilliant_Rock
I think it''s a great idea too!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it''s a beautiful idea and I''m sure it would mean a lot to her!! My brother was my "Man of Honor", and it was awesome! It''s your day, so you do whatever YOU want!!

jen2M

Rough_Rock
This makes me tear up! I love it! Do what is in your heart!

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
aww this would be so great :) I wish my grandma was gonna be here to celebrate with us and grandpa as well so I''m doing the locket with their pictures inside on my bouquet

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
A wedding we were at in Septemer the bride had her grandmother be the flower girl. Honestly, it was so "her". I think she would be honored.

sugary

Rough_Rock
I went to visit my grandmother Mimi today and we had lunch in NYC. I asked her to be my MOH and she was so happy that the two of us began to cry. After lunch she said that she needed to make a stop. She took me to Mikimoto's and bought me an 18" strand (7.5 x 7mm) pearl necklace as my "something new" to replace the "something old" that my other grandmother took away from me. She is a doll and I am so happy that I asked her and that she accepted!

For those of you who are interested, Mikimoto is having a great sale through tomorrow (Jan 23) I believe.

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
That''s so wonderful! I''m so happy for you. And now you have a new set of pearls that can have nothing but good memories now and in the years to come!

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Sugary I think this is great! It is so sweet and so respectful that you're having someone important to you, no matter their age. I've thought about having my mom as my MOH, and had never heard of it until I researched it here and other places, and so many people have an unconventional but meaningful person be there beside them! I'm glad she was so excited.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
I officially LOVE your grandmother. How wonderful that she''ll be your MOH.

Definitely. Maybe

Brilliant_Rock
Aw I started to tear up reading about your lunch date with her. I think it is soooo wonderful you asked her. She seems so cute and I think she will make the best MOH! You are such a lucky girl to have this opportunity to share with her! I just love it.
36.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
No, you are not crazy! The person/people in your wedding party should be the most important people to you - period. Whether that means a best friend, a sister, a brother, an aunt, or even a grandmother! I''m sure she''ll be touched and thrilled beyond words... most women figure their "bridesmaid" days are long gone at that point!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Aw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So sweet! I think that was an amazing thought - and I''m so glad she accepted!
5.gif

glueck

Shiny_Rock
I got chills as I read this post. I love the idea, and how amazing that our grandmother is so excited to be such an honored part of your day. How kind of her to buy you the necklace. This is a moment in your relationship with her that you will treasure for your entire life.

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awww, that is so sweet! I definitely agree with everyone that you should make your grandma MOH - sounds like she''s very special to you :)

cbs102

Brilliant_Rock
i have a really close friend that has her grandmother in the wedding party and i think its fantastic!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results