shape
carat
color
clarity

Maid of Honor/ Matron of Honor?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mainemomof2

Rough_Rock
I was talking to my Mother today about who to have as my MOH. My cousin is one idea. She is a few years younger then I am, and we grew up together as sisters. Or my best friend who lives states away and I have not seen in a while, but she is my best friend.

My Mothers thoughts were that one is married, one is not. Have one Maid of Honor and one Matron of Honor.

Is this a normal idea?

Danielle

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely.

ThefutureSB

Rough_Rock
REALLY!? well who would stand next to the bride?

candlelite80

Shiny_Rock
mainemomof2, I am doing that! My sister is 13 years older than me and married and my niece (her daughter) is 8 years younger than me and not married. My sister is, well she''s my sister, and we are very close so I definately want her to by my matron of honor. Since I was only 8 when my niece was born we spent all our time together and we grew up like sisters so I want her as my maid of honor.

As for who will stand next to me, that''s a toss up. I will let the two of them decide how they want to work it and if they can''t decide then I will. Whichever one doesn''t stand next to me can do something else special during the course of the wedding. I don''t think its a big deal.

I think you should do whatever you want to do! If you want to have them both, then do it, its your day!

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
I''m having 2 maids of honor: my 16-year-old sister and my best friend. I hadn''t thought about who will stand next to me.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve definitely heard of it being done. I haven''t seen it though in my own experiences.

mainemomof2

Rough_Rock
For those of you that are planning on having a maid of honor and a matron of honor or 2 of one...
How are you handling the best man, groomsmen?

Thank you!
Danielle

dcsvnnhpeach

Rough_Rock
My best friend was my matron of honor and my sister was my maid of honor. It''s up to you on who stands next to you. My husband actually had two best men and he chose who would stand next to him. I loved it!

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
FI is having 2 bestmen also. He has 2 guys that he''s been best friends with for years, so it worked out perfectly.

mainemomof2

Rough_Rock
Perfect,
Did any of you have additional bridesmaids or just the two?

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
I''m having 2 MsOH and 4 BMs and FI is having 2 BM and 4 GM

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
SInce one is married and one is not, I think that is an awesome idea...no one feels hurt then!

piccolascimmia

Shiny_Rock
This thread is helpful to me, too
19.gif

I think I''m going to be in a similar situation, and like the idea of asking my two closest friends. What if both are married, though? Just have 2 MOHs (I wouldn''t have anyone else stand up for me)? I''ll let them figure out who stands next to me
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results