shape
carat
color
clarity

Magic space saver bags

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
We''re moving in a few weeks, and I''ve gotten really curious about those space saver vacuum bags (the ones that suck all the air out of the bag so 50 pillows can be stored like a pancake). I saw a kind on QVC that was sans vacuum - you just squeeze the air out by rolling the bag - and I thought the idea seemed great, especially for the move.

So, has anyone tried them? Worth the money/time it takes to stuff all your stuff into them, get out the vacuum (if that''s the kind you''ve tried)?

And, my biggest question: what is the stuff like when it comes OUT of the bag? Wrinkled? Stretched? Shrunk? Any problems?

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''ve never tried the ones specifically marketed towards storage/vacuuming space out, but I HAVE tried XXL Ziplocs...I love them! They''re the same as regular Ziplocs but the XXL''s literally fit a whole huge plastic storage bin''s worth of stuff in them, and then you can suction them out with your vacuum and get rid of the extra air inside. DH and I like to bring them in our suitcases when traveling, they make great dirty laundry bags, or I have used them when donating old clothing I don''t wear anymore. Or, you can use them to store bedding you''re not currently using, or winter/summer clothing depending on season. Or you could use them for your purpose, which is moving. Yes, there will be some wrinkling, but you can grab a spray bottle of Downy Wrinkle Releaser and use that to refresh your clothes or bedding when you unpack instead of re-washing/drying everything...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results