shape
carat
color
clarity

maggie sottero "diamond white" question

haagen_dazs

Brilliant_Rock
can someone help describe to me what maggie sottero "diamond white" is?

will this diamond white match with the white tux from man''s warehouse?

how do i go about getting a sample material for the maggie sottero diamond white if my fiance is renting her dress (and they wont cut any material out from the dress of course)

ts44

Brilliant_Rock
Hi, you will need a sample to figure out if it matches or not. I would go to a bridal salon that offers the Maggie Sottero line and ask them to purchase a sample of the fabric. They may just give it to you, but since you''re not buying a dress there, it''s right to offer to pay for one. I''m sure there will be a store somewhere that will have one to give to you.

From the Maggie Sottero website:

"Can I obtain a swatch of my gown?
We are happy to provide your authorized Maggie Sottero retailer with a swatch upon request. Please ask your authorized retailer to contact us directly."

"What is the difference between White and Diamond White?
Our Diamond White is a very light ivory. It has a beautiful softness that makes it very flattering on all skin tones. White is a true, pure white color that would give you that “wedding white” look. Our authorized retailers will be able to show you the differences between Diamond White and White with their fabric swatches."

haagen_dazs

Brilliant_Rock
ahh thanks so much for your help!

LadyJane83

Shiny_Rock
Be careful with white tuxes and a dress that is not pure white. I was at a wedding with white tuxes and an off-white dress and the contrast made the dress look dirty or something. It could have just been the style of the dress... but just make sure it will look alright.

I''d advise somehow standing next to each other in front of a mirror wearing the white tux and diamond white dress to get the full effect.

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
I can't help with whether it will match, but my Maggie dress was diamond white and the shade is definitely closer to white than to ivory. It's basically a yellow-based white rather than a blue-based white. My DH has a white dinner jacket and IIRC, it's more of a yellow-white, too, but unfortunately it's not in the house so I can't check them together (and obviously, it wouldn't be the exact same as the Mens Wearhouse ones anyway). From my limited knowledge of menswear and my experience with my Maggie dress, I'd say that diamond white is likely to be the better choice, but either way it will probably be hard to match them perfectly. Hope that helps!

ETA: my wedding photo thread is here -- the photos have sort of an antiquey cast to them, so the color isn't absolutely true in most of them, but it might give you an idea.

haagen_dazs

Brilliant_Rock
problem is
i cannot get to compare the dress and the suit together so its been rather difficult to really know......
33.gif

ts44

Brilliant_Rock
Mark you said your fiancee is renting her dress, correct? If she''s renting it from an authorized retailer, then they should be able to order a swatch for you. She may already have one, did you ask her? I know the shop where I bought my dress gave me a swatch in my "congrats, you ordered a wedding gown" goodie bag without me even having to ask for one.

haagen_dazs

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/5/2010 10:10:10 PM
Author: ts44
Mark you said your fiancee is renting her dress, correct? If she''s renting it from an authorized retailer, then they should be able to order a swatch for you. She may already have one, did you ask her? I know the shop where I bought my dress gave me a swatch in my ''congrats, you ordered a wedding gown'' goodie bag without me even having to ask for one.

hey thanks alot
i am checking in with her. we will try to get a swatch from the retailer that we are renting from.

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
Alternately, maybe Mens Wearhouse will let you rent/borrow a jacket just for a couple hours, and you can take it to the bridal shop she''s renting from to check colors? I don''t know if it''s possible, but it can''t hurt to ask.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
My diamond white maggie sottero dress was definitely white, not ivory. We used dark suits, but it looked great against the white dress shirts. Whites are tough to match anyway so hopefully you can compare the swatch and the tux before you decide.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results