shape
carat
color
clarity

Maggie Sottero Brides

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Courtneylub

Brilliant_Rock
I'm curious to know if I will need to take in the bodice of my dress seeing as how I ordered a size 6, but I'm a 2 in the chest and a 4 in the waist. (Oh and a 6-8 in the hips, but luckily the dress isn't fitted in that area). It's a corset style, so I'm wondering if altering the bodice will even be necessary. Any clue?

julabean

Shiny_Rock
Hi Courtneylub...

In my experience, yes, you will need to take in the bodice. My Maggie is a size 12 and fit perfectly everywhere except the bodice. Which is funny because, uh, I''m not exactly FLAT up there. With my dress, I could have gotten away without taking it in, but there was just enough extra material that it was noticeable to me and my MOH. My seamstress only had to take in each side by 1/2 inch, not even enough to correctly pin, but it made a WORLD of difference in how it looks.

allikatac

Shiny_Rock
I''m betting that you will have to take it in some. I am not exactly small up there so they ordered my maggie based on those measurements. I didn''t end up having to take it in.

Courtneylub

Brilliant_Rock
Bummer! Oh well...at least this way I know it will look it''s best after the alteration. Thanks so much for the info!

Cleopatra

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Courtney - I have a Maggie dress with a corset back too...I went to do alterations, and the seamstress showed my MOH exactly how to lace it up and where it needs to be tighter. He does not plan on doing anything to the bodice - and it looks amazing just the way it is! Maybe you''ll get lucky like me!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
You can always add bra cups for a little oomph and they can take up some of the space, you might be surprised, especially if it is corset style.

hazel_eyes

Shiny_Rock
Hi girls
35.gif

Just wanted to say that I tried on a Maggie Sottero ''Kiri'' dress here in Ireland at the weekend. I totally fell in love with this dress....and I already have a Watters dress that I was considering wearing
20.gif

Anyway, I was quoted $2200 for this dress in a bridal salon here in Ireland. So, needless to say I went online and found it on jaysbridal and bestbridalprices for $700! There''s a catch though, apparently Maggie Sottero has told their authorised retailers not to sell or ship to anyone who is outside the U.S. Total bummer!
I''m so disappointed. There is no way I''m paying 3 times the price over here....it''s totally crazy I''m sure you''ll agree!
Gownsales sell Maggie Sottero but I don''t think they''re an authorised retailer.
Would you order it anyway and trust that it won''t be a copy?
39.gif
39.gif

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/28/2008 11:06:10 AM
Author:Courtneylub
I''m curious to know if I will need to take in the bodice of my dress seeing as how I ordered a size 6, but I''m a 2 in the chest and a 4 in the waist. (Oh and a 6-8 in the hips, but luckily the dress isn''t fitted in that area). It''s a corset style, so I''m wondering if altering the bodice will even be necessary. Any clue?

Wow, you sound EXACTLY like me shape wise. By "corset style" do you mean that it laces up the back? If so, it is possible that you may be able to lace it tightly enough so that it fits just right. My friends who have worn those type of dresses have commented that they are nice b/c they haven''t had to get alterations; the dress is self altering.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results