shape
carat
color
clarity

Madeleine McCann

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Followed this story since the beginning and now a suspect. Just learned today he's implicated in the disappearance of 2 more tiny children. I can only imagine how awful this is for the families to have their child taken.

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Me too :cry2::cry2::cry2:

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
This was the little girl that was missing in Portugal, maybe? She had been taken from her hotel room?

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
This was the little girl that was missing in Portugal, maybe? She had been taken from her hotel room?

yes
i think she waa 2 or 3
the parents left her asleep and went for dinner

Demon

Brilliant_Rock

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks. I thought that was her but wasn't sure. I'm glad they have a suspect.

the family are never going to be able to move on with their lives till they have her back
as heartbreaking as it is to say, having some remains to take home and having a propper good buy would surley be good for their mental health long term
it must be the worst thing in the works to loose a child like this, the pain and the longing and wishfulness must just never stop

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
the family are never going to be able to move on with their lives till they have her back
as heartbreaking as it is to say, having some remains to take home and having a propper good buy would surley be good for their mental health long term
it must be the worst thing in the works to loose a child like this, the pain and the longing and wishfulness must just never stop

You are so right D and D!

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It was a terrible story. The parents left their younger twins and Maddie asleep in the apartment while they had dinner about 50 meters away. They took it in turns to check on the children every hour.
They were lambasted for years over their actions, leaving the children alone, and were for many years considered suspects.
So they suffered not only the tragedy of losing their child, they endured both the searing criticism of their actions and the constant and prolonged suspicion and investigation as murder suspects.
I don’t think there is a worse way to lose a child.

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Now this scumbag has been linked to more wee kiddies. I stand behind calling him a scumbag, he's a convicted rapist and pedophile.

I agree, the parents deserve closure. I doubt this is the end if it as far as victims. So chilling.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
i don't wish ill on anyone but if her number was up why couldnt she just have drowned in the hotel pool or from cot death, safe and warm asleep in bed
if this man they are looking for is responsible for her death its dreadful to think what must have happened to her

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And the most awful aspect is knowing it was carefully planned. It was not a random, spur of the moment event.
That’s how evil these types are.
Whoever it was watched that family over a number of days, learnt their habits, watched them eating dinner, watched them only checking the children every hour and waited until the father sat back down at the table after his turn and then took her. They knew they had a hour to drive as far away as possible before she was even missed and more hours of driving until the police started a full on search.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
He is sick and evil and should have gotten the electric chair years ago. I don't have hope they will find her alive, hopefully I'm wrong.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely unsettling story.
Not even going to talk about that sick creature. Hope he will are least give the family all information they have been craving for for years.

But those parents got a horrible treatment from the media on top of that tragedy.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope this is solved and can be laid to rest. The parents deserve to know what happened to their daughter and for the media to move on so that they can get closure and grieve privately. I feel for any parent who has a missing child, the not knowing would be enough to drive anyone to distraction.

This one case has cost in excess of £10 million. Her parents had the resources, connections, and skin colour to keep their daughter's disappearance in the headlines and a priority for law enforcement for 13 years. I hope that type of funding and these resources can be invested in finding other children too.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They not only left the children alone, they left the outside door unlocked.

Aside from stranger danger, I wouldn't have left children that age alone, because they can wake up, get out of bed, climb on chairs, fall off and hit their heads, put their fingers in sockets, etc.etc. Madeleine was three, and they are really mobile at that age!

The resort had a babysitting service, and the children's club staff knew the children because they attended that club. I think the parents should have gotten one of the nice young women from the club to babysit if they wanted an adults' evening.

I'm angry at the McCanns. They were negligent and Madeleine paid a terrible price for that. Additionally, their remaining two children's lives have been blighted from babyhood. I simply would never have left three such tiny children alone. Not ever. Even without home-safety issues, even without stranger-danger, it's still frightening for tiny children to wake up, call for Mommy or Daddy, and to find that they're alone. What the McCanns did was wrong on so many levels.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would never say what I think on the comments section of a major newspaper, because I wouldn't want the McCanns to read it. But I doubt they're Pricescopers, so I'm saying here what I really think. I know they have suffered tremendously as well. The consequences for all involved are lifelong. It's frustrating because it was all so unnecessary. All it would have taken was for one parent to stay home, or get a babysitter.

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
I agree Jambalaya. They should have known better. Yes, Maddie paid a terrible price. It's always haunted me, the choices they made that night.

Add on: having said that, these people who do such things are truly evil monsters as Bron said. They are just waiting for that little opportunity to strike. It's unfortunate that the McCanns gave him (them?) a huge opportunity.

Last edited:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s interesting to read that the Portuguese police were alledgedly aware of this man at the time, and didn’t think he was a person of interest.

This is a horrible case, and I’ve always thought because of the amount of publicity at the time, and the fact she had a distinctive eye, she probably didn’t survive for very long. One can only hope the poor little thing didn’t suffer.

I have a friend who lost a child through abduction and murder, the person involved was actually a friend of theirs. I don’t know whether it was better that they knew immediately what had happened to their child, or whether it‘s better to live in hope that your child is still alive somewhere.

Let’s hope this monster confesses and she can be put to rest.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The monster wrote online "I want to capture a small thing and use it for days." It appears that everyone's worst nightmares and more came true. Madeleine DID suffer, horribly, if this guy is the culprit. (And it seems he was, since whenever he's around, children go missing.) That's why I'm angry at the McCanns.

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They not only left the children alone, they left the outside door unlocked.

Aside from stranger danger, I wouldn't have left children that age alone, because they can wake up, get out of bed, climb on chairs, fall off and hit their heads, put their fingers in sockets, etc.etc. Madeleine was three, and they are really mobile at that age!

The resort had a babysitting service, and the children's club staff knew the children because they attended that club. I think the parents should have gotten one of the nice young women from the club to babysit if they wanted an adults' evening.

I'm angry at the McCanns. They were negligent and Madeleine paid a terrible price for that. Additionally, their remaining two children's lives have been blighted from babyhood. I simply would never have left three such tiny children alone. Not ever. Even without home-safety issues, even without stranger-danger, it's still frightening for tiny children to wake up, call for Mommy or Daddy, and to find that they're alone. What the McCanns did was wrong on so many levels.

I have to agree with you here. I don’t have kids, but I went on vacation with friends and their three-year-old, and there is no way in hell that leaving her alone at a hotel would’ve been a good idea!

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have to agree with you here. I don’t have kids, but I went on vacation with friends and their three-year-old, and there is no way in hell that leaving her alone at a hotel would’ve been a good idea!

I know! Just SO young to be left alone!

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock

I’ve always thought the same thing. My sister brings a monitor with her if we’re in her back yard or basement because she’s worried about not hearing her young children if they call out for help. I can’t imagine leaving them in a hotel room.

FL_Sol

Shiny_Rock
The monster wrote online "I want to capture a small thing and use it for days." It appears that everyone's worst nightmares and more came true. Madeleine DID suffer, horribly, if this guy is the culprit. (And it seems he was, since whenever he's around, children go missing.) That's why I'm angry at the McCanns.

I wish I never read this.
My God.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I suspect he may have been alerted by someone at the resort that the children were alone. I read he received a phone call before Madeline was abducted and police are requesting anyone with information regarding the phone numbers to contact them.

Here is the link to the news article:

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
I suspect he may have been alerted by someone at the resort that the children were alone. I read he received a phone call before Madeline was abducted and police are requesting anyone with information regarding the phone numbers to contact them.

Here is the link to the news article:

Shaking head in fear and disgust...the plan may have been more sophisticated than it appeared at the time. Truly evil.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hate to pass judgement on other parents but these parents made a terrible choice, their other kids, a set of twins were only two years old at the time. I could not leave my three year old and two year old twin babies to go off and have a meal and enjoy myself, I would be constantly thinking of the children.

Just take abduction out of the picture, there could have been a fire, one of the kids could have had a medical emergency, there are so many things that can go wrong.

Correction: I think she was four not three, still far too young but for accuracy sake...

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results