shape
carat
color
clarity

Mac users need your help again...Please please ..Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
Hello: Playing with my Mac and having fun have not visited here for a while because my Mac takes all my spare time...I have come across " stickers" Put some notes for myself on the desktop and what I clicked no idea , but they all dissapeared???? Can not find them? Where do they go? after you close them? Can I still get to them? Please let me know if you use them.They look like fun for reminders...No idea where they are...thanks , thanks , thanks a lot..

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey, I only have my mac a little while but I think its if you press F12-down on the left hand side of the screen there should be a little cross like thing and your stickies should come up along the bottom of the screen.I hope that works for you

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Sounds like you closed your stickies program. To get them back, type stickies in the little box under the blue magnifying glass circle in the top right corner.

I use stickies a lot. Just hit save before you close the program and then to get them back, just open the Stickies program again.

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks it worked...do you know if you can change color of sticker and make them in different styles: like bold,italic etc...{Please let me know what how you use yours they do look like fun for notes...can they just appear on desktop after you log on?''any tips would be great..Do you use safari or firefox? thanks

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
My f12 is on the right and when I click it brings my dashboard..I want to figure out how to put my calculator in dashboard? thanks

diamondsRforever

Shiny_Rock
Hi Scarleta,

If you hit ctrl and click on the stickies icon, a box will pop up, click on keep in dock and open at login. that should keep stickies on your dock as well as open up when you log in. you can change all font style etc...if you look at the top bar you will see ( File Edit Font Note Color Window Help) I use both safari and firefox...I found that safari uses more memory than firefox but in the end it is a personal preference.

Hope that helps

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
to add the calculator to your dashboard, click the + sign in the lower left corner of the screen, while looking at your dashboard. It will bring up a row of items you can add. Just find the calculator and drag it where you want it.

I tend to use Safari most but I use Firefox when something doesn''t work with Safari.

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks to both of you it helped..Now I have 2 calculators in the dashborad ( did it twice I guess was too excited) How do I remove the second one now? Also just got the mighty mouse have not yet used it..And the photos are really neat and easy too.Did not need to install and software for my digital camera..Please let me know how to remove the 2 nd calculator..Thank you,thank you very much..

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks it helps.I got so excited that I put my calcuator twice , have to remove it..I noticed that some sites gave me problems with Safari while firefox handles it better.With safari do you always have to see the pic with their adds or can you change it? not sure.Thanks for your help.I do like the little mac..

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
To remove the extra calculator, click that plus sign in the corner again, and then you should see an X on the corner of the calculators. Hit one of those and it should dissapear.

I''m not sure what ads you''re talking about in Safari. What does it look like? what site is it on?

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks again.Im referring to the PC and Apple two fellows talking about PC and Mac.they are ever present exactly the same picutre...You don''t get it on Safari?

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
The extra calculator is now removed..just wondering do you remember when you first got your mac , how long before you learned this simple tasks? or perhaps you knew already? I do really like this mac book but it is so totally different than what I used B 4? I do enjoy the Photos so easy.. some www do better with Fire fox..Did you experience it also?
Any other tips you want to share with me would be great..Thanks What next to put in my Dashboard? thinking, thinking..Should really go to bed its late..

diamondsRforever

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/30/2007 12:21:48 AM
Author: scarleta
Thanks again.Im referring to the PC and Apple two fellows talking about PC and Mac.they are ever present exactly the same picutre...You don''t get it on Safari?

Are you talking about the apple webpage when you first open up safari, if so, just click the safari drop down, select preferences, on the general tab change the address of the homepage, that should do the trick.

Once you get to using your Mac, everything just comes easy.

As far as safari, I haven''t experienced anything out of the ordinary. everything seems to work fine on my side.

As far as tips...if you have multiple windows open, hit F10 or F9

Hope that helps

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
thanks for that.I will try it so the 2 follows can take a break..Do you know I put some stuff in my Dashboard, but it is still in the Dock? How to only keep in dashboard and not both? Thanks so much for all your tips and help..You guys are trully great help..
do You use mouse? I just got one quite heavy, maybe I will keep it just on one battery..

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
it took a few weeks or so to feel comfortable with it vs. the pc environment, but once I got past the "don''t think so much" part, it was actually pretty easy. Like "how do I get this picture into that program?" Click the picture and drag it to the program icon? WOW! Seriously I was delighted to figure that out.

My newest favorite tip: If you want to switch between applications, you can hit apple-tab, but if you want to switch between websites, hit apple-~. That''s the little key in the top left of your keyboard. I literally just learned this a month ago and I love it. Of course, if you have tabbed browsing turned on, you don''t need that, but I prefer to open multiple windows for websites.

My favorite widget is the weather forecast. I just entered my zip code and it gives me a 5 day forecast and current conditions. LOVE it! Especially because it has animation... if it''s snowing there are little white specks all around it!

I also use g-mail, so I have a g-mail notifier widget that looks like a postage stamp and tells me how many new emails I have. LOVE that one.

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
thanks a lot , somehow I fee better now because sometimes something is so simple ( after Im told what to do )
I like the weather also with the snow or mostly rain here..Neat.I have long ways to go still, but hopefully it will just get a bit easier..Have not had much time for browsing here any longer..Thanks will try the tips also..

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
Dashboard Widget just found some you can download for free.If you want to check weather from all around the world look at widget nr 30.I cliked on Apple mac os ( next to trash right side and then downloads and see what you may like..
In the meantime I put my calculator into the dashboard and it is still sitting on the bottom with all of the rest.I would like to only keep it in the dashboard but do not know how to remove it from the bottom? Its next to my mail stamp?
ANy ideas??? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results