Mac or PC or Other?

• Other

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • PC

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

shel

Shiny_Rock
Just wanted to take an informal poll. As forum users, we''re all using computers. Which one are you? Mac or PC (or Linux)?

I''ll start. I''m a Mac.

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
I voted Mac b/c that''s what I have at home (& prefer!) but I am generally on PS from work, where I have a PC. But not by choice!!
3.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
mac at home / pc at work / mac lover at heart so i voted mac
9.gif

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
I really wish I could answer the poll more than once! We have 4 macs and 2 pcs at home for just 2 people!
9.gif
(one of the pcs is just a server too). However the pcs are all running Linux! My fi also has at least one and maybe 2 macs at work, one of which frequently comes home with him!
26.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
PC. It''s what I learned on, so it''s more intuitive to me, even though I fully recognize that once you get the hang of a Mac, it''s probably a lot simpler.

njc

Brilliant_Rock
I voted Mac because that is what I have at home. PC at work and DH has 2 PCs of which I occasionally use too.

A computer is a computer to me, but I usually give my props to Mac because I was using them long before it was cool!

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
I voted other because I have a PC at work, used to have a PC at home, but now have a mac at home. I am a PCer at heart, because I can''t freakin'' figure out how to post pics in mac, no matter how hard I try. It doesn''t help that the FI doesn''t know either!

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Mac at home, PC at work, and FI has a PC, but I''m a recent Mac convert and I''m not going back!!!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/31/2006 1:19:55 PM
Author: AmberWaves
I voted other because I have a PC at work, used to have a PC at home, but now have a mac at home. I am a PCer at heart, because I can''t freakin'' figure out how to post pics in mac, no matter how hard I try. It doesn''t help that the FI doesn''t know either!

I have a mac too. amber it''s so easy to post pics with a mac. I haven''t worked on a PC in years but love my mac.

here''s how to post pics that are already on the internet or on PS: (it won''t work for pics in your iphoto or on your hard drive)

1. find the picture you want and right click

2. then click on "properties"
3. find the URL address, highlight and copy it
4. Now open your post
5. click on the mountain image, it will open the insert image box
6. On the lower right where it says insert image, past your URL
address in the URL space
7. Then click insert.

if you have a Mac
1. hold ctrl and click on image - it will save it to your clipboard (save image address)
2. follow steps 4-7 above

If you''re wanting to upload pics from your desktop/iphoto you have to export the photo out of iphoto, give it a unique name, make sure it''s a jpg and I normally size mine to 450x450, then you have to hit attach file in your post, select the picture and hit upload. if it''s too big you''ll get an error message and have to resize and rename the picture, I then go down to 300x300 and it should upload with no problem.

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Thanks MrsSalvo!! Very easy to understand from your directions.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have an ibook and an imac. I have always loved and used macs. My husband has a PC
20.gif

Cailet

Shiny_Rock
I''m a pc''er

pc at work - 4 pcs at home

work and 2 at home are windows, other 2 are linux

i like to build / modify my own computer so i''ve always just used a "pc".

i don''t do a whole lot of graphics work so i''ve never had to use macs and i can''t say i''ve ever been a big fan of them either
maybe one day i''ll try them out and love them who knows!!

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
So glad we''re not the only multiple computer family! We vastly prefer Linux to Windows on Pcs, although my fi wasn''t too keen on Linux after spending a weekend cursing the wirless card manufactures for being paranoid gits.
9.gif

I have to admit to using my terminal window on my MacBook more and more frequently!

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE MY MAC!!!!!

Everytime the computers go down at work and I have to call support I comment to them that it is time to go Mac...

I LOVE IT... I will never ever go back to anything else...

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
I didn't vote. I started with a Mac plus in college. I was faithful from home after that, but always had PC work environments. In 2005 I surrendered to this platform even from home, but I still own a Powerbook G4 I like to snuggle with once in a while.

Mac_plus.jpg

salmon

Shiny_Rock
MAC or nothing!!

shel

Shiny_Rock
Wow, either a lot of PS''ers are Mac users, or they''re just more "vocal" on this thread.

Fran Fine

Rough_Rock
Mac! Mac! Mac! Oh, how I love my MacBook Pro so!
30.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/31/2006 6:49:45 PM
Author: JohnQuixote
I didn''t vote. I started with a Mac plus in college. I was faithful from home after that, but always had PC work environments. In 2005 I surrendered to this platform even from home, but I still own a Powerbook G4 I like to snuggle with once in a while.

OH MY GOSH..John, that is the first computer my parents bought when I was a kid. My dad made me go through the training lesson on it. Remember those 3 inch hard discs? too funny. mac has really come a long way huh?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/31/2006 8:24:48 PM
Author: shel
Wow, either a lot of PS''ers are Mac users, or they''re just more ''vocal'' on this thread.
Very surprising to me! We have one desktop at the moment, and there are 4 laptops that are here when both older kids are home. Another desktop will be ordered this week. All are Dell PC''s with Windows except the one my husband uses for work.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
We were a PC house...for sure...but I really wanted a MAC and now we have three here and I love it now, so easy to use and fun too...

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
HA 3 inch hard disk.. how about the 6 1/2 floppy... or the good old "cassette" computer...

Anyone have one of these.... you had a book that you could use to type a program in LINE FOR LINE... or it took an hour for a game to load

commador64.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/31/2006 8:33:30 PM
Author: mrssalvo

I didn''t vote. I started with a Mac plus in college. I was faithful from home after that, but always had PC work environments. In 2005 I surrendered to this platform even from home, but I still own a Powerbook G4 I like to snuggle with once in a while.

OH MY GOSH..John, that is the first computer my parents bought when I was a kid. My dad made me go through the training lesson on it. Remember those 3 inch hard discs? too funny. mac has really come a long way huh?

We had that when I was growing up too! We always had macs my parents only recently converted to PCs. Remember the dot-matrix printers?

codex57

Brilliant_Rock
iMac and Dell laptop at home. Haven''t found what''s so special about the mac yet. Also, it''s running incredibly slow right now and i have no idea why or how to fix it.

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
God, I totally remember programming "Snake" into our computer, the pride I felt at being a 12 year old computer programmer faded fast when I realized I had done it wrong!!

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
I started out with a MAC LCII (40MB internal hard drive baby!) in college, worked my way through a few Performas and now type on my trusty G3 pismo powerbook, going on 7 this christmas!

As much as I''ve liked the Mac''s I''ve owned, I don''t think I''d rush to get a new one, they don''t seem to be as well made anymore and the whole Intel chip thing is a headache unless you were already planning on dropping a few grand on new apps.

Steve Jobs, if you read Pricesope, what gives?

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Mac! I was raised on Macs. I love all of my Macs! Would never change.

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/31/2006 8:33:30 PM
Author: mrssalvo

I didn't vote. I started with a Mac plus in college. I was faithful from home after that, but always had PC work environments. In 2005 I surrendered to this platform even from home, but I still own a Powerbook G4 I like to snuggle with once in a while.
1.gif
I know exactly what you're talking about. On some shelf in the nether-regions of my office closet I have about 50 of those disks; backups of all my college files. I loved the sound they made when ejected - and how forward-thinking Mac seemed the first time I set a Homer Simpson "doh!" as my alert tone.

A while back I needed an arrangement of a Manhattan Transfer tune I did for sax quintet in college. I was able to get an old disk reader and copy the file to my G4's desktop. The Finale software opened it seamlessly 12 years later.

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
I''m used to PC''s so that''s what I stick with. Never been a fan of Macs, although that''s because it''d be different, not from real personal experience
28.gif

winyan

Brilliant_Rock
I learned on a PC (the old Compac Lugable, 40 lbs, and the keyboard became the cover of the CPU), but I LOVE MY MAC!

I''ve PC''s all the time at work, hate them, hate the blue screen of death, hate the fact that they crash whenever you are really into something, and you lose everything you just finished.

I''ve a Powerbook, getting a touch long in the tooth now, but still faster than any PC I''ve used in the past 5 years.

win

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results