shape
carat
color
clarity

M Color Vs. SI2 with Visible Inclusions

elizabethidella

Rough_Rock
I just decided to purchase an M stone to see how I liked the color. I am pretty color sensitive but it is superbly cut from a PS vendor so I thought I would see. I have gone back and forth on whether I should keep it or not. The issue is that my only other option at this moment is an SI2 stone with three to four visible black inclusions in a slightly larger stone (a little above .75) but with I color. Which stone would you choose? Do visible inclusions ruin the whole stone for you? I find myself looking for the color in this stone all the time so I'm not sure visible inclusions would be worse, especially in a relatively small stone.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Why are these the only two stones to choose from? You're at the high end on both fronts - color and clarity.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
May I ask why you can only choose between these two?

I find you're most in love with a diamond when you first get it. If you feel ho-hum about it now, return it.
I've owned Stones with visible inclusions and im not bothered by them but if you're constantly looking for the "problem" in your stone it's not for you.

Have you become to strict with your budget/carat allowance?

elizabethidella

Rough_Rock
Just the current budget. I'll upgrade later. This is just for awhile.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I see you're limiting yourself to avrs only.
Personally I wouldn't do that. Find other old cuts, or modern old cuts, and expand your search.

What's your budget. I saw you looking at old settings too, do you have a budget for that?

elizabethidella

Rough_Rock
These are two AVR's which I really want and as we know, there aren't many of them at a given time.

elizabethidella

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your reply, Niel. I really don't like modern cut stones and I wanted an easily upgradable and honestly easy to find well cut diamond. I stumbled across a great deal on a setting that I love that will fit the size range that I'm looking at so that part is taken care of.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
elizabethidella|1474838831|4080673 said:
Thanks for your reply, Niel. I really don't like modern cut stones and I wanted an easily upgradable and honestly easy to find well cut diamond. I stumbled across a great deal on a setting that I love that will fit the size range that I'm looking at so that part is taken care of.

Well sounds like you're mind is made up to buy a diamond you won't fully be satisfied with. I can't really recommend that but we all decide what what's best for ourselves.

If I had to choose, and was putting the diamond in white metal, id buy the low clarity.

breanne

Brilliant_Rock
Hello!

I'm color sensitive too, but I do like the warmer colors when well cut. I have a J, not an M obviously, but personally I'd prefer a warmer color than inclusions. I've only had my J for two weeks, but I adore it, and would lower the color even more vs a visible inclusion. :wavey:

kmarla

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This would be a tough decision for me because I'm fairly colour sensitive. The inclusions would drive me crazy though. You might be able to hide one black inclusion under a prong, but with four you'll see them every time you look. Could you do the setting in yellow or rose gold to help make the M look whiter?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You aren't limited to those two for AVRs. Jonathan will have one cut for you, unless he doesn't do it under a certain size. Have you asked?

What is your budget?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results