shape
carat
color
clarity

Luxury purchases?

kimf79

Shiny_Rock
As long as it isn’t putting y’all in financial strife, then why not? Being a mom is as much of a job as a dad who goes off to the workplace everyday. Just that your workplace is at home, in the family car as you do the groceries, school pickups, extra curricular activities...

I’m one of the guys who wants to get my wife some goodies at our 10th wedding anniversary but I am expecting my wife to swat that request down so we can pay for son’s education instead.

Yeah no financial strife, I’m just going through the could be’s Of what we could have spent it on.

That’s nice and special you want to get your wife jewelry for 10th anniversary! I’m sure she will love it. Unless yeah she rather put it towards education!

kimf79

Shiny_Rock
Guilt is a wasted emotion, so don't think too hard about what you "could" have spent the money on. If you had the surplus cash & you wanted to buy something just for you, not your husband, the children or the house, then fabulous! You don't sound like someone who blows large amounts of money on a whim, so I am sure you will love & appreciate your new eternity ring every day.

I am like you in that i work hard putting my family first & I am definitely at the back of the queue. So when my husband gave me an eternity the day after our youngest was born, I took that bad boy & ran!

No definitely, I’m not wild and irrational with big purchases. This was a big deal to me. But it’s not the norm so I think I deserve it this time. Then get back to things as usual.

And yes I’m that’s the same, family first. So I struggle with a bit of guilt for Mom first. im glad your hubs did that for you after baby. So sweet ;-)

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
I think everyone deserves some money to spend on themselves, as they wish, without having to account for it. That is, once the necessities are taken care of, which it sounds like yours definitely are.

But if you feel not quite right about it, maybe you and your husband could each start taking a pre-determined amount from the paycheck/s each month, to be spent on personal extras only. Because the eternity band is not nearly enough, you know. For example, where are the matching earrings? :dance:

TweetyBird23

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Release some of the pressure now. Yes you should not feel guilty. If you wait too long like I did, you’ll explode and go and buy a 2.5 carat diamond and the husband only finds out when you tell him to wire the funds. :lol-2:

LOL!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results