shape
carat
color
clarity

Luxury Beauty Products

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Jul 26, 2008
Messages
5,346
Any favorite luxury beauty products, or any items you want to purchase?

I know for me I have been talking myself out of buying Les Merveilleuses De Laduree Face Color Rose (with pot) and a few Kashoen Makeup Brushes. I was wondering if anyone else had the luxury beauty product bug.

$150 blush, yeah I know but look at how pretty!!!

81de72-l.jpg
tumblr_n2123yiqty1ruw5mdo2_1280.png

and I have drooling over those brushes for pretty much years!
 

sonnyjane

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Jul 13, 2008
Messages
2,476
Wow that is so cool!!! Not something I would splurge on unless I won the lottery, but I can definitely appreciate the art there.
 

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Joined
Aug 8, 2005
Messages
40,198
It's so funny, I know products like this are out there, but I am always surprised by them and how much they cost and that there is such a large market for them.

It's very pretty but... I use ELF brushes and blush from Target. I almost bought a lovely blush from Benefit. But the 20-something price tag was more than I could justify for something I wear 24 times a year.

If I am spending money on luxury products it's not likely to be make up. I used to buy expensive lipsticks. I discovered the Sephora Line of lipsticks. 12 bucks and they are better than any of the luxury lipsticks I have ever owned except one discontinued Chanel one.

I consider my crabtree and evelyn hand cream (10 bucks a tube) a HUGE luxury.

I am clearly outclassed. :lol:

I don't think I'd buy that even if I DID win the lottery. I think I'm too practical.

I hope it brings you joy, if you do splurge. That's the point after all. =)
 

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Joined
Jul 7, 2004
Messages
10,792
I have a few high end products that I really like. Most of those are skincare though. Most of my makeup is probably mid-high range actually. Same with skincare...But these are the higher end things I use. I am a snob.

-I use the La Mer cleansing gel every day. It is $85 a bottle. The bottle lasts me around 6-9 months? I really should date the container when I open one. I actually have started to hoard that, I buy two at a time because they only make two batches a year, and I've gotten caught in the middle twice now, and had to try other things...I haven't found any other cleanser that my face likes in any price range. I ended up scraping the dregs of my travel bottle of it while I waited for stock to come in, and my SA at Nordstrom gave me a spare travel bottle to get me by. It was really sad how panicked I was. Sometimes in the summer I'll use a pump on my body sponge to clean my back and chest. I feel like a spendthrift when I do that, but my skin feels clean and spiffy.

-My favorite face powder is the Charlotte Tilbury 'Air Brush Flawless Finish' Skin Perfecting Micro-Powder. It's $45 a compact. But again, I haven't found anything like it. It doesn't feel dry or weird on my face and it sets my makeup perfectly.

-I found an eye cream that works even better on my face. I use a tiny amount because it's $85 a jar. It's the AMOREPACIFIC 'Moisture Bound' Rejuvenating Gel Eye Treatment. It's like a weird cream-gel texture, and since I use retinoids, it's made a HUGE difference in how "plush" my face feels and how I molt. That plus my Vitamin C serum (One Love Organics which is $75 and worth every cent and more) have almost entirely cut down on the real irritation I'd get. Though I never use the retinoids more than 3x a week. I usually use Retin A two times a week, and the Sunday Riley Luna Oil in between. (So like every other day I use one or the other.) I also like the Amore Pacific AMOREPACIFIC 'Time Response' Targeted Eye Masque which is little individually wrapped jelly things that you put under your eyes. I think there are 10 or so in the box, and the whole box is $140.00. They are pretty nice.

-That one is really expensive too, the Sunday Riley Luna Oil. And it smells disgusting. But it works really well, I alternate it with Retin A. It is $105 for the full size. I have a "big spender" Rouge card at Sephora, and they usually have VIB sales twice a year where you get 15 or 20% off. I will usually buy my big ticket stuff that they sell during those events. I can get the Amore there and the Sunday Riley there.

-I've been trying out a few Lancome things lately too, the Energie De Vie Water Infused Cream and Melt-In Sleeping Mask and the Genefique serums. Those are all in the $55-$100 range which is madness.

-I also have a couple Tom Ford eyeshadow quads, those are $80 a whack (which is fcking insane!), and a Dolce and Gabbana eyeshadow quad (which btw I got at Costco for like $40 max, but if you bought it at Nordstrom or Sephora it would be $62!)

-I have also fallen in love with the Shu Uemura Art of Hair Color Lustre Conditioner. It's $58 a bottle. I try to alternate it with my usual Loreal Professional stuff so I don't burn through it super fast.
 

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Jul 26, 2008
Messages
5,346
Some of my bigger ticket (but not crazy priced) skin care is my Tatcha and SK-II stuff. La Mer creams and La Prairie stuff was to rich for my face, but I found that Japanese skincare (and korean) was wonderful for it

The Facial Treatment Essence from SK-II I am using (that I adore) can run from $165-$225 a bottle depending on size.
My first job was at a store similar to Sephora and we sold Creed fragrances, La Mer and La Prairie skin care and a ton of other luxury brands. I really started loving and appreciating them. But there are also a lot of amazing budget branded stuff too that works amazing!


I can go to the thrift store and get some slacks, or shirts, and I scoff at spending more then $20 on a new shirt, but beauty, fragrance, and skincare I never seem to have an issue with spending.

I will have to check out the La Mer Cleansing gel. I have been on the hunt for a new cleanser. Is it still available now?

I guess I love the blush because I have some blush palettes that I have spent $90 on, and for an additional $50-80 I can be fancy pantsy. But I haven't justified it yet, alas.
 

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Aug 29, 2014
Messages
3,908
I don't consider my beauty products luxury, more in the 20-40$ range for most things, but I HAVE been looking at le mer recently. I haven't been able to justify the price YET, but I might be getting close haha. It's too expensive to order it from the states now (shitty dollar!) but if I see it in stores I'd like to pick it up before summer. $300 moisturizer gives me anxiety :shock:
 

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Jul 26, 2008
Messages
5,346
telephone89|1458831529|4010365 said:
I don't consider my beauty products luxury, more in the 20-40$ range for most things, but I HAVE been looking at le mer recently. I haven't been able to justify the price YET, but I might be getting close haha. It's too expensive to order it from the states now (shitty dollar!) but if I see it in stores I'd like to pick it up before summer. $300 moisturizer gives me anxiety :shock:
Before I would take the plunge for expensive cosmetics I would see if they had travel sizes first and buy those. That way if I didn't like it, or it had a bad reaction I wouldn't be out the money of a full sized amount.

But I loved La Mer, after awhile though it just started doing nothing for me as I got older.
 

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Aug 29, 2014
Messages
3,908
ckrickett|1458832097|4010371 said:
telephone89|1458831529|4010365 said:
I don't consider my beauty products luxury, more in the 20-40$ range for most things, but I HAVE been looking at le mer recently. I haven't been able to justify the price YET, but I might be getting close haha. It's too expensive to order it from the states now (shitty dollar!) but if I see it in stores I'd like to pick it up before summer. $300 moisturizer gives me anxiety :shock:
Before I would take the plunge for expensive cosmetics I would see if they had travel sizes first and buy those. That way if I didn't like it, or it had a bad reaction I wouldn't be out the money of a full sized amount.

But I loved La Mer, after awhile though it just started doing nothing for me as I got older.
That's a good idea actually. I don't have much as far as wrinkles go yet, but I'm starting to get some 11s. I'd rather keep everything at bay as long as I can without using something too harsh.
 

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Joined
Jul 7, 2004
Messages
10,792
ckrickett|1458829087|4010345 said:
Some of my bigger ticket (but not crazy priced) skin care is my Tatcha and SK-II stuff. La Mer creams and La Prairie stuff was to rich for my face, but I found that Japanese skincare (and korean) was wonderful for it

The Facial Treatment Essence from SK-II I am using (that I adore) can run from $165-$225 a bottle depending on size.
My first job was at a store similar to Sephora and we sold Creed fragrances, La Mer and La Prairie skin care and a ton of other luxury brands. I really started loving and appreciating them. But there are also a lot of amazing budget branded stuff too that works amazing!


I can go to the thrift store and get some slacks, or shirts, and I scoff at spending more then $20 on a new shirt, but beauty, fragrance, and skincare I never seem to have an issue with spending.

I will have to check out the La Mer Cleansing gel. I have been on the hunt for a new cleanser. Is it still available now?

I guess I love the blush because I have some blush palettes that I have spent $90 on, and for an additional $50-80 I can be fancy pantsy. But I haven't justified it yet, alas.
It should be. It was available on the Nordstrom website as of this morning. I notice that it gets limited late spring and late fall, though January-February was one of the times I was in a panic in the past. I usually use like half a pump when I wash my face.

Those blushes really are a work of art. But I'd totally drop and destroy them.
 

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Jul 26, 2008
Messages
5,346
Les Merveilleuses De Laduree whole line of make up is lovely, and their packaging is so darn cute!
 
Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Who was Jean Schlumberger?
    Who was Jean Schlumberger?
    The Jewelry of Disney's Cruella
    The Jewelry of Disney's Cruella
    He Said, "Yes!"
    He Said, "Yes!"

Holloway Cut Advisor



Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.
Top