shape
carat
color
clarity

Lunch break B*tch Session about stupid VENDORS!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
GAHHH... I know there''s been LOTS of talk about this lately, but I just need to vent a little bit...

On another thread I commented that a florist set my ''budget'' at my high-end-this-is-the-max-i-can-pay price.

I just got my quote from her.

$700 OVER (!!!!!!!) WHAT MY MAXIMUM WAS! With the SAME bu!!sh*t line all vendors feed me- "This is over your budget, but I think you''ll find, after looking at it, that the extra cost is worth it!" (EXCUSE ME!?)

I''m livid. And don''t even want to negotiate with them. On the florist #2...

(But the worst part about it-- after reading through the quote-- EVERYTHING sounds so freaking gorgeous and awesome... Blah)

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/4/2009 2:43:10 PM
Author:PilsnPinkysMom
GAHHH... I know there''s been LOTS of talk about this lately, but I just need to vent a little bit...

On another thread I commented that a florist set my ''budget'' at my high-end-this-is-the-max-i-can-pay price.

I just got my quote from her.

$700 OVER (!!!!!!!) WHAT MY MAXIMUM WAS! With the SAME bu!!sh*t line all vendors feed me- ''This is over your budget, but I think you''ll find, after looking at it, that the extra cost is worth it!'' (EXCUSE ME!?)

I''m livid. And don''t even want to negotiate with them. On the florist #2...

(But the worst part about it-- after reading through the quote-- EVERYTHING sounds so freaking gorgeous and awesome... Blah)
Yuck! I would probably try to negotiate back down, but I understand if she breached your trust by going over so dramatically. It is definitely not cool to do that. My photographer did it; I pointed it out, said I was taking my business elsewhere, and then, magically, the whole package was within the budget I had told him (which was less than my real top limit).

If everything sounds beautiful, maybe say you liked it, but she was $700 over, and you are not willing to pay that, so you are planning on taking your business to another florist. Perhaps she''ll surprise you!

marchswallowbird

Brilliant_Rock
This is just upselling...people tryin'' to make a buck in a tight economy. Vendors are trying to take advantage of a bride''s tendency to spend more than she originally planned when she sees something beautiful that she just loves. They also know that some brides try to lowball them, and the brides really have more to spend than they are saying.

If you like the vendor, just firmly tell them that they have to do better. Politely reiterate what your budget limit is and ask if they can meet it. Tell them that if they can''t, thank you, the work is gorgeous, but you really have a limit and you will need to search for a vendor who can work within your budget parameters. No need to get upset.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Ditto marchswallow - I understand why you''re upset, but you can''t totally blame a wedding vendor for trying to make a little extra cash at such a tough time. I''d just politely but firmly explain about your budget again, and mention that you are willing to go elsewhere if they can''t accommodate it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results