shape
carat
color
clarity

Luckystar112 Fredericksburg Pictures!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Hey, lucky, here are your pictures!

I''ll start with general photos and then I took a few of places I love that would either be good for you to know or fun for guests (and me, haha
28.gif
).

morecuteshops.jpg

princesss

Ideal_Rock

boutiquesonwilliam.jpg

princesss

Ideal_Rock

moreriverbyandcaroline.jpg

princesss

Ideal_Rock

dtownfredvegas.jpg

princesss

Ideal_Rock
This is probably the biggest antique mall in town, but there are a ton more all around downtown.

antiquesmalldos.jpg

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Really great Thai food, if you like it. Looks like kind of a hole in the wall, but it''s definitely the best Thai food I''ve had since coming back to the States.

bangkokcafemmmmmmm.jpg

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Cute little independent coffee shop. It''s definitely a major hangout for the college crowd, students and professors alike. Great drinks and fairly cheap, but they only take cash.

hyperioncoffee.jpg

princesss

Ideal_Rock
There''s two main ice cream places in town, and this is one of them. It''s handmade ice cream, so they make it in the back of the store and have the most incredible flavour...I can''t remember what it''s called, but they make vanilla ice cream and then right at the end they add hot chocolate so that it flakes off into little chips.

leesohmygoodnessgoodicecream.jpg

princesss

Ideal_Rock
A cute little pharmacy that has a soda fountain that does old-fashioned floats and sodas. So good!

goolrickspharmacy.jpg

princesss

Ideal_Rock
This is Riverby Books, a used bookstore that has a ton of books and is a blast to wander around through. (I''m a little biased, I''m an English major and my roommate works there.)

yayriverby.jpg

princesss

Ideal_Rock
This is Sammy T''s. It''s probably the best casual restaurant in town. There''s this entrance, which is for the smoking section, and an entrance around the corner for non-smoking. It''s great food, great portion sizes (you only get what you order, no extra fries or anything), and has a great vegetarian and vegan selection.

sammytsmmmmmmm.jpg

princesss

Ideal_Rock
And I don''t know if you''re taking pictures here or at your FIL''s house, but if you want to take some here Market Square is fantastic (I didn''t take any pictures because it''s nothing on it''s own, but it makes a great background. I''ve got pictures taken in there if you want to know what I mean) as is the college campus. I know you and your FI don''t have a connection to it, but it''s really a stunning campus that a lot of people use for pictures. Even if you don''t have the buildings in the background, there is a bit of forest and lots of lawn.

Just let me know if there''s anything else you''d like to see, know. Also, the picture in this post is Hugh Mercer''s, the apothecary shop you read about.

hughmercer.jpg

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
What a cute little town!!!
30.gif

It reminds me of New England a little bit, with the little shops. Actually now that I think about it, that''s what I first thought during xmas when we were driving down the street.

And how funny, I''m an English major too!
9.gif

It looks like a place that my family would love. Maybe even FI''s family too, since half of them live across the country and I''m sure only go straight to grandma''s when they''re in Frederickburg.

And that antique shop! My grandmother will swoon!
21.gif

Thank you for taking the time to take photos Princess, I appreciate it SO much. I''m going to forward them to my grandmother and mother right now. (Yup, talking to the mom again. Still crazy, but she''s working on it!)

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Don''t worry about it. I had a blast doing it.
1.gif
The pictures really don''t do it justice. It''s such a quaint, pretty town and it really just enchants you as you walk through it. I don''t have pictures of them, but we have a great stationery store, and a wonderful fudge shop, too.

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Okay my family LOVES fudge. They make multiple flavors every holiday just for fun. They would LOVE that.
I''m almost jealous that I won''t get to walk around and go into all the shops as well.
7.gif

I want to see a real soda fountain and eat homemade ice cream!!!!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
You're going to have a rehearsal, right? ;-)

ETA: The orange cream fudge is fantastic. Mmmmmmmm...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results