shape
carat
color
clarity

Lucida or Vatche X-prong with Bezel Wedding Ring?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

alli_esq

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t remember seeing this combination, and I''m not sure that anyone has one, but I was wondering if I could see it if you do?

I have a (not very good) replica of a lucida/x-prong setting that is about 4.5mm at its largest point and tapers off to about 2mm toward the sides...

I''m thinking of a bezel wedding ring that would be about 2mm wide (think Tiffany Jazz only in white gold)...my issue is definitely budget...but I haven''t had a chance to try any true bezels on (the only one the jeweler had was sort of an illusion setting that I liked, but I would rather just a bezel if I could afford it)...

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Sorry, I haven''t seen any pictures of that combo but I just want to say I think it will be gorgeous together!

If you haven''t already, check out the WF version link it''s only $675 in 18K and I''m sure they have a good return policy if you do not like it!

alli_esq

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the suggestion, shimmer!! I actually have looked at that, but it''s only a 3/4 eternity, and geckodani (whose ring it was modeled after!!) told me that she finds it spins a lot, and my rings all have a tendency to spin anyway (esp since my fingers contract and enlarge quite a lot depending on the weather)...

also, although I think that ring looks PERFECT with geckodani''s engagement ring, the shank (is that the right term?) on mine is a lot wider, so I think I''d need a slightly wider band...

My GIA report claims that my stone is an H, but I have serious doubts...I can see a lot of warmth in it and another jeweler told me that he thought it looked closer to a J
40.gif
...so I''m also kind of scared of what color the stones will be that I get from WF since I plan on wearing the rings together...and surely the ACAs will be A MILLION times better cut than my engagement diamond (FI didn''t do any research even though I tried to help)...

makemepretty

Brilliant_Rock
If you get it sized correctly and it''s not too top heavy it shouldn''t spin much. Here are two bands that aren''t too much, cost wise:
http://cgi.ebay.com/DAINTY-New-14-White-Gold-DIAMOND-Anniversary-BAND-NR_W0QQitemZ8916148554QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Wedding_Bands_with_Diamonds_Gemstones

http://www.treasuresinternational.com/Shopping/ProductInfo.aspx?ProductID=6308&CatID=236

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here''s one from Steindiamonds.com that''s $1500. Not cheap, but it looks nice from the pictures, and someone here (I forget her name!) just got a gorgeous honking eternity band from them and was happy with it. link

And shimmer went custom with Whiteflash and I don''t think hers was crazy expensive, so you could see about getting a custom eternity band like hers, too.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh, and what about a Beverly K from Pearlman''s? They can do them without milgrain so it would be a more modern look to go with your e-ring. Can you tell I really want a bezel set band?!
3.gif

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
How about this one at Blue Nile? I think the price seems very reasonable (they send out 10% pretty often too.) Since it's not custom you can definitely return it if it doesn't work. If you do get it will you be sure to post pics? I have an X prong e-ring too and am wondering how a bezel band would look with it!

http://www.bluenile.com/diamond-eternity-ring_7303?show_all_pages=1

alli_esq

Brilliant_Rock
thanks for all your responses!!

makemepretty: the problem with the sizing is that my hands bloat and contract really easily--for insteance, this morning I was warm and my ering was very snug, but now I''m work and freezing and it''s spinnin like there''s no tomorrow! haha...

but thank you for finding those rings...they are very pretty!

thing2: oo, thank you for the link...I got the quote from WF, and although it is very reasonable, it''s still a lot more than I had budgeted for...I don''t know if I''ll be able to do what I wanted, but it seems like the quote I got from my mother''s jeweler for that illusion setting really doesn''t seem worth it...

see, my initial plan was to use 10 very tiny (I think maybe .01?) diamonds from my mom''s old old engagement setting, but I don''t think they are very well cut diamonds...and I was going to use those 10 plus another however many I needed for the WG illusion setting that my mom''s jeweler would set for me...but like I said, I''d really rather get slightly larger diamonds and have a true bezel...I don''t really have the extra $$ right now, but I might try and find a way to cut corners elsewhere in my wedding to find an additional $800 or so for the WF bezel setting that they quoted for me...

tandogmom: that is a very pretty ring, but I need white gold if I''m going to wear it with my engagement ring, which I plan to...I might find out how much it would cost to do something like that custom...

thanks again, ladies!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results