shape
carat
color
clarity

Lower half (girdle) facet lengths.

chicam

Shiny_Rock
Please help. I have a choice between a diamond with 77.9% LGF or 82% LGF, everything else being equal. For those of you that have seen these effects in real life, which one would you go for. The are both exquisite from what I hear, only difference is appearance stemming from different LGF lengths. I have seen videos of both but still can't make up my mind which is better.
I know I'm about to be advised it's all based on personal preference. What is the preference of majority here please.

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
What are the other proportions? Images? Video?

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hi Chicam,
Welcome to PS!

The problem with a question like this is that all things are really never equal.
Its a good question, by the way- but my answer would be that you should not focus sharply on one narrow aspect.
If possible compare the two stones- at least as Stone Cold suggests, photographically.
Then you'll see for yourself the effect of the longer LGF's- but also you may notice other subtle aspects having nothing to do with LGF's that may be more meaningful to you.

PS- Personally, I like long LGF's- but it's almost a vanilla chocolate type question.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It honestly really is just personal preference though--do you like the fatter arrows or the more splintery look of the skinnier arrows? My diamond has 80% LGF, and I think it looks great. However, I've never seen a diamond with fatter arrows in person.

If I had to pick, I guess I'd pick the 77.9%, since most top AGS 0 stones seem to have LGF in the 75-80% range.

chicam

Shiny_Rock
Thanks. Like I said I just wanted to know for those that have seen both fatter and thinner arrows, what their personal preference is. If 75% of folks prefer one look over the other, then something's gotta be right about that look. I have never seen a longer length lower girdle diamond. Last I had was a 75.7%. It was nice but images of the longer lengths I have seen look very appealing too. But I have not seen them IRl.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results