carat
color
clarity

LOST fans (spoilers)

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/6/2010 10:30:44 AM
Author: radiantquest
I am forced to. It isnt that I do not like it, but DH is way more into it than I am. Every week we watch it twice so that he can think about it and then watch it again. I dont understand what is going on with FLocke. I mean I understand that he cannot kill them. Why didnt he just leave the bomb in the plane? That would not have counted as him killing them and it would all be done with. As usual Kate is a PITA. She has no purpose in the show.
hahahaha!

My husband missed it this week so I attempted to write down the important stuff but then tossed the paper across the couch and spaced out instead.

How many episodes are left now?

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE LOST, but the death of Sayid, Jun and Jin made me so angry I even had a bad dream last night!
7.gif

Can someone be so kind to fill me in on the significance of Desmond up to this point of the show? I must have skipped one whole season because I don''t remember much about him, other than being a husband of the bad guy''s daughter?

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/6/2010 8:03:15 PM
Author: zhuzhu
I LOVE LOST, but the death of Sayid, Jun and Jin made me so angry I even had a bad dream last night!
7.gif

Can someone be so kind to fill me in on the significance of Desmond up to this point of the show? I must have skipped one whole season because I don''t remember much about him, other than being a husband of the bad guy''s daughter?

Desmond was on the island before the plane crashed there. He was down in the hatch and had to press this button every X minutes. Locke found the hatch and I think he broke into it, too. Then no one pressed it (I forget exactly what happened) and there was a big electromagnetic explosion thing. That''s all I can remember!

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/6/2010 8:20:53 PM
Author: thing2of2

7.gif

Desmond was on the island before the plane crashed there. He was down in the hatch and had to press this button every X minutes. Locke found the hatch and I think he broke into it, too. Then no one pressed it (I forget exactly what happened) and there was a big electromagnetic explosion thing. That''s all I can remember!

How did Desmond get there to begin with? Was he married to Charles More''s daughtor before or after he appears on the island?

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/6/2010 8:26:16 PM
Date: 5/6/2010 8:20:53 PM

Author: thing2of2

7.gif

How did Desmond get there to begin with? Was he married to Charles More''s daughtor before or after he appears on the island?

They got married after he left the island. He was with her before and Charles Widmore didn''t want them together. I forget exactly what happened between Widmore and Desmond but Desmond went on a big sailing trip and got shipwrecked on the island.

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
Thanks! Thing20f2.

Of course I was so sad that the Jin & Jun died so senselessly..... but I was also very disappointed that Syid died. Even though he had "turned bad" I still find him to be one of the most likable characters in the show!

I wonder why they had to have 6 people named as key people needing "protection", and then have them die one at a time? Does this mean any 6 of them can potentially be a "savior" of the world but Jacob had no idea who? If so what does that say about Jacob? Isn''t he supposed to be the all-knowing?

ChinaCat

Brilliant_Rock
There are only 2 episodes left before the 2 hour season finale. So I don't think it was too soon. As SAD as I was, it was great tv. The thing about all of those characters is that their story was finished. Jin and Sun being reunited. Sayid losing everything and everyone but sacrificing himself.

Also, Desmond is the key to everything. He is the constant remember? He is special and the only one to be able to jump time and not die.

Quick recap= He is in love with Penny, Widmore's daughter. He set off to sail around the world (in LIBBY's boat, btw) in some competiton to prove to Penny he was worthy of her love. Shipwrecked on the island for years before our Losties showed up. Pushed the button until he didn't, which resulted in the "Incident". Started flashing back and forth between time at some point. Others that this happened to died, but he didn't. Got off the island with everyone when Penny's boat saved them. Married Penny, had son named Charlie with her. Ben showed up and shot him. Next we saw him, Widmore had kidnapped him and brought him back to the island b/c it "wasn't done with him yet."

Plus he seems also to be the key/instigator with what is going on in the Sideways World. He has figured out the island connection. He ran over John Locke.

Now for my vent: My DVR FROZE right after Sawyer pulled the two wires and the bomb started ticking again. Unfroze right as Sun/Jin went down. Totally ruined it for me. One, didn't know what Sayid did. Two, totally took me out of the moment so didn't have the emotional impact it should have. That one scene was 5 seasons worth of character development/pay off for 3 of my favorite characters. GRRRRRRRR!

Jack will be the final game-changer. I think Desmond is their secret weapon. I am a bit worried that all won't survive, but you know what? It sort of works for the show.

Jack's baby momma/ex is definitely someone we know. My guess is Juliet.

And did anyone else notice Kate's unusual display of emotion for Jack as they came up on the beach? She ran over to him and threw her arms around him and started crying. She has NEVER done that with either of her boys.

ETA: Oh and I'm really interested in why Kate's name was crossed off the list.

ETAA: And can they get some better wigs for Claire??? Her character (or her acting, not sure which) is bad enough, but those wigs are killing me.

ChinaCat

Brilliant_Rock
Some words about next week''s episode (which is rumored to star NONE of the Losties):

Next Week Is Unlike Anything You''ve Seen on Lost Before. Swear. And though we''ve all been told that none of the series regulars appear, that is actually not true. Spoiler Alert: You will see three of the main leads in a very surprising throwback moment that lets you know that the producers totally knew what they were doing as of season one. (Boo-ya!) Allison Janney guest stars, along with two other actors you know, and a few others you don''t. You''ll learn much much more about the history of the Island and the evil, and light, within. Pay close attention to every line Allison''s character says and every line (or lack thereof) on her face. Oh, and DVR it. ''Cause you''ll need to watch it twice.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
CC, where''d that come from? I want to forward it to a friend, but I know he''ll demand a source.

CurlySue

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/7/2010 1:52:50 PM
Author: ChinaCat

Some words about next week''s episode (which is rumored to star NONE of the Losties):

Next Week Is Unlike Anything You''ve Seen on Lost Before. Swear. And though we''ve all been told that none of the series regulars appear, that is actually not true. Spoiler Alert: You will see three of the main leads in a very surprising throwback moment that lets you know that the producers totally knew what they were doing as of season one. (Boo-ya!) Allison Janney guest stars, along with two other actors you know, and a few others you don''t. You''ll learn much much more about the history of the Island and the evil, and light, within. Pay close attention to every line Allison''s character says and every line (or lack thereof) on her face. Oh, and DVR it. ''Cause you''ll need to watch it twice.

Tuesday can''t get here fast enough!!!!

I love Allison Janney.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results