shape
carat
color
clarity

Loss @ negotiating for best price

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Meraj

Rough_Rock
I am at a loss as to how much I can negotiate on the price of a diamond. Does the size of the loose stone play into the negotiation? I''m thinking of between 1 and 1.5 carat between D-G and ideal cut. Does brand play into the negotiation too? I want to purchase in person. Is it better to walk away and not buy after discussing the various price offers? Is there a time (am/pm), or best month or season etc to make a purchase?
confused.gif

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Hi Meraj!
wavey.gif

Education is going to be your best negotiating tool for bartering on a diamond you view in person at a local vendor. Read the Tutorial, learn about CUT, learn to use the Cut Adviser and Price Stats charts. You will also need to know the various Cut Class parameters to know what category diamonds you view fall into. Using all that information, you may be able to negotiate a decent price as long as you handle the situation politely. Don't be too aggressive or condescending. Jewelers, like anyone else, respond much better to friendly banter than the "My way or the highway" approach.

Good Luck in your search!
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results