shape
carat
color
clarity

Looks like I''m going to be an OLD lady in waiting!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Talked to my boyfriend last night and he told me that he does not presently have the money to buy me an engagement ring and the proposal will not happen girl-soon. For those of you who don''t know my story, him and i have been together since we were 17 and 18. We are now 26 and 27. Owning his own place was always something he wanted to do before getting engaged. He recently did that and my ring fund went byebye in order to cover down payment/closing costs. I loooove the apartment we are living in and am glad that he bought it but I really wanted a girl-soon engagement!!!!! He did tell me it would happen this year though, but the year just started!!! ugh, patience has never been my strongpoint.
i hope hope hope he was full of poo and is just trying to throw me off! Crossing my fingers for a superbowl sunday proposal!!! lol, j/k
2.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
26? Old????

32.gif
32.gif
32.gif

Liquiddazi

Shiny_Rock
First off, 26 is not old; however, I have no room to talk. I can completely understand your frustrations, especially since you have been dating since you were 17 & 18 and it is now 9 years later. I can also completely understand your frustrations with not being patient. I am probably the most impatient person, especially when it is something I want to have and can't.

Look at it on the bright side, at least he owns something and is still not renting... and it will happen within the next 10 mths. He is giving you some sort of reassurance!
1.gif

merrijoy

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/2/2007 3:29:13 PM
Author: TravelingGal
26? Old????

32.gif
32.gif
32.gif
Wow! Yeah, I was going to say the same thing. Let me go put on my bi-focals, I am having trouble reading this post
23.gif

Mer

Hopes

Rough_Rock
26 is not old! Come back when you are 62 and tell us you''re an old LIW... I kid. ;P

Seriously though, sometimes when you are with a man that long, especially in a live-in situation, he might start to take you for granted and thinks that the marriage / engagement is just a technicality. But it is still a big step, which is something that they often don''t realize until something actually threatens it. I''m not suggesting that you do, just that this is likely the train of thought. I lived with my guy for 5 years and known him for 8, before the engagement happened. If he''s been with you that long, it definitely will happen. It''s just a matter of when.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
26 isn''t old!!!!

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/2/2007 4:06:31 PM
Author: merrijoy

26? Old????

32.gif
32.gif
32.gif
Wow! Yeah, I was going to say the same thing. Let me go put on my bi-focals, I am having trouble reading this post
23.gif

Mer
That was meant entirely as a joke and exaggeration, (btw i''m the 27 year old, he''s 11 months younger than me.) I meant to imply he''s going to wait until I''m an old lady with a walker to propose (obviously this won''t happen but at this point i feel like he will never do it)
didn''t mean to offend anyone or imply that 26 or 27 is old
3.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/2/2007 4:22:46 PM
Author: DMBsGirl

26? Old????

32.gif
32.gif
32.gif
23.gif

Mer
That was meant entirely as a joke and exaggeration, (btw i''m the 27 year old, he''s 11 months younger than me.) I meant to imply he''s going to wait until I''m an old lady with a walker to propose (obviously this won''t happen but at this point i feel like he will never do it)
3.gif
You didn''t, we were just playing with ya!!!!
1.gif

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/2/2007 4:18:07 PM
Author: Hopes
26 is not old! Come back when you are 62 and tell us you''re an old LIW... I kid. ;P

Seriously though, sometimes when you are with a man that long, especially in a live-in situation, he might start to take you for granted and thinks that the marriage / engagement is just a technicality. But it is still a big step, which is something that they often don''t realize until something actually threatens it. I''m not suggesting that you do, just that this is likely the train of thought. I lived with my guy for 5 years and known him for 8, before the engagement happened. If he''s been with you that long, it definitely will happen. It''s just a matter of when.
we''re not totally living together, i stay there during the week b/c his apt is half an hour closer to my job than my parent''s house. i go home most weekends (and i bring an overnight bag,i mean week bag, lol) this is a recent thing though, we''ve been "living together" for only 2 weeks. he has gotten the whole "buying the cow/free milk" speech from me, he knows i won''t put up with just living together, and assures me he wishes he could do it, but just can''t right now. blah, i hate waiting

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/2/2007 3:36:16 PM
Author: Liquiddazi
First off, 26 is not old; however, I have no room to talk. I can completely understand your frustrations, especially since you have been dating since you were 17 & 18 and it is now 9 years later. I can also completely understand your frustrations with not being patient. I am probably the most impatient person, especially when it is something I want to have and can't.

Look at it on the bright side, at least he owns something and is still not renting... and it will happen within the next 10 mths. He is giving you some sort of reassurance!
1.gif
if he waits until new years eve i will kill him, lol
29.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/2/2007 4:23:51 PM
Author: Kaleigh

26? Old????

32.gif
32.gif
32.gif
23.gif

Mer
3.gif
1.gif
LOL...yup, we were.

And now that we know you''re 27, I''ll agree and say you are old.
9.gif

merrijoy

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/2/2007 4:31:42 PM

26? Old????

32.gif
32.gif
32.gif
23.gif

Mer
3.gif
1.gif
LOL...yup, we were.

9.gif
Very cute! I want to say that the people on this site are truly awesome and so caring of one another. It is wonderful! You really embrace everyone and this is such a difference from some other communities I frequent.

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/2/2007 4:37:45 PM

Date: 2/2/2007 4:31:42 PM

26? Old????

32.gif
32.gif
32.gif
23.gif

Mer
3.gif
1.gif
LOL...yup, we were.

9.gif
Very cute! I want to say that the people on this site are truly awesome and so caring of one another. It is wonderful! You really embrace everyone and this is such a difference from some other communities I frequent.
yup, pricescope rocks ( pun intended)
10.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can totally understand you impatience and frustration! Im with D over seven and a half years and Im very impatient about it happening too. I know now that we are going to go to NY to get the ring in July, but if he makes me wait long for the propsal, I will go crazy
3.gif
At least now you have a timeline to go on-I know its a broad one but at least its one. And the fact that you have somewhere to live now that he''s bought is a huge step too

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results