shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking to stay in this! Hawaii or Carribean??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

aquarius_ser

Shiny_Rock
Hi!! I need a little help!

I''m looking for a relaxing, beautiful, remote location for our honeymoon. I don''t want to stay in a hotel, but rather something like the picture below which I found on a website (Tahiti). Tahiti would be great!!! but I doubt our wallet could afford Tahiti, in addition to looking at a map - Tahiti is a very long plane ride from Tampa, FL (just thinking about our limited vacation time (5-6 days).

SO, has anyone stayed in something like this in Hawaii or in the Carribean?? (Carribean, preferred since it''s closer to Florida.

thanks in advance.....
28.gif

jgutekunst_boraborauverwate.jpg

treysar

Brilliant_Rock
Hi – not EXACTLY what you’re looking for, but this is right on the beach in St. Thomas. Def not a room in the middle of the ocean, but it’s still pretty nice. DH and I stayed at tree tops, but beach tops sounds more like what you’re looknig for. St. Thomas isn’t exactly like Tahiti though – St. John might be more what you’re looking for.

http://www.beachtops.com/

St, Thomas is not as “untouched” as St. John. DH & I chose St. Thomas because we require a lot of stuff to be going on at all times, ie, shopping, different resturant every night – we get bored easily, lol! St. John is more untouched and a place to relax and enjoy the beach.

aquarius_ser

Shiny_Rock
jcrow, I looked at your honeymoon pics when you posted them and I was blown away.... Ladera has been a top contender ever since!!!

...then when I go on tripadvisor.com and read reviews, it drives me nuts
32.gif
because Ladera has bad reviews and I get cold feet.... but I know every destination is going to have bad reviews from somebody!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I know what you mean about tripadvisor! It puts me off places too but I honestly think some people just can''t be pleased. There are folks who will pick faults with perfection!!
9.gif

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
I would suggest St. John or for the Bristish VI''s - Tortola. I lived on St. Thomas for a while and while it was fun, its pretty touristy/ and crowded. St. John is so beautiful and a lot more low key than St. Thomas and Tortola is even more low key than that. Or for a very small quite island - Jost Van Dyke - there is only 1 hotel and I think only about 150 people live on the island year round, but it is awesome.

St. Thomas would probably be the cheapest though of the 3 so if you go there, stay in the East End/Red Hook area. It is farther away from town/airport but really nice.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Guess What: Dispersion and Fire Aren't the Same Thing
    Men In Pearls
    Men In Pearls
    Celebrating The Life Of Elsa Peretti
    Celebrating The Life Of Elsa Peretti

Need expert help finding that diamonds?

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.