shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking to date this Antique Opal 9 Stone ring

antgoldlover

Rough_Rock
Trade
Hi, I believe the below ring to be victorian, but am not 100%. if anyone has advise or thoughts on what era it might be I would super appreciate any feedback! it is unmarked on the inside. opal 4.jpg opal 4.jpg IMG_1734.jpeg opal 4.jpg

Modified Brilliant

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
It looks Victorian. Sometimes the shank on an older ring has been replaced but yours appears original. Oftentimes you can see a solder mark or discoloration where the shank connects the top section if the shank has been replaced. Enjoy wearing your band! It's colorful.

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
The opals setting & the wear is consistent with antique but im not expert in evaluating age yet.

Either way I commented because it's a beautiful ring! I love how much color payoff you get for such a teensy ring!

antgoldlover

Rough_Rock
Trade
It looks Victorian. Sometimes the shank on an older ring has been replaced but yours appears original. Oftentimes you can see a solder mark or discoloration where the shank connects the top section if the shank has been replaced. Enjoy wearing your band! It's colorful.

thank you so much, this is what I had assumed as well, it definitely all looks original.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
what fantastic colours
small but mighty !

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring, wonderful Opals too.
dating rings is nigh impossible without hallmarks because the style, Victorian, has been “repeated” over the decades as its such a wonderful look.
if the ring gold tests for a weird assay, ie 15ct, that’s a good indicator of being antique vs reproduction.
If no hallmarks, I’d say just love it and enjoy it for the beauty it is.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results