shape
carat
color
clarity

looking large

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

KaRon

Rough_Rock
Can anyone tell me which shape gives the appearance of being the largest(all weights being equal..with good cuts for all)? I have not been able to see a 3 carat round, oval or radiant all together at one time. I have large hands and would like appearance large. Thanks. All opinions welcome.

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
For a large surface area, you can't beat the pearshape.

This would probably be followed by radiant and oval, as long as they're not deep (which they often are).

Pound for pound on attention getting brilliance and fire that grabs you by the throat from 20 feet across a crowded room, is a well cut round. It may not have the surface area, but it darn sure has the pyrotechnics to cause heads to turn.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I personally think that ovals look pretty large but I would say 1) marquis 2) pear 3) oval and then a jumble after that. I don't think princess or radiant cuts look that large, maybe its because its hard to find a well cut. My girlfriend has a marquis and it looks enormous because of the shape. But after the very fancy pear and marquis, I think oval looks pretty darn big.

Anyone see the Bachelor last nite? That's what a 3c oval looks like!!! Monstrous!!

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 5/19/2003 9
6.gif
3:52 PM Richard Sherwood wrote:

This would probably be followed by radiant and oval, as long as they're not deep (which they often are).

----------------

Maybe I have only seen deep radiants - but I find any of the squared off stones to be smaller "lookinig" than an RB

Lanee

Brilliant_Rock
Mara, I saw The Bachelor. Personally I liked the ring Jen picked on her own. The one Kirsten picked wasn't bad either but Jen's pic was incredible. Ugh!

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Pear, marquise, oval and heart.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes I liked the original ring Jen picked, 3c round I think they said? I'm not a huge fan of ovals. But hey..3c stone? Beggars can't be choosers!!!
1.gif

Was it just me or did none of HW's stones look that amazing? It could have just been the videography but they looked kind of myriad inside like OEC's or similar rather than modern brilliants.

I've seen better looking ACA's, SC's, H&A's etc in pix online.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results