shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for U.S. beach recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tulipsrock

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

I am new to this forum (been lurking for awhile...how many times have you heard that?) and thought I''d say hello, introduce myself, and ask a question.

I''m 32 (hubby-to-be is 37). We have both been married once before and each have 1 daughter. We have been engaged for a month and plan to get married on 8/25/09 as it''s our anniversary. He''s such an incredible person and I''m so excited to become his wife.

We would really like to get married on a beach on Maui. But we''re also looking into "plan Bs" if Maui becomes too expensive for our budget. (It looks like it might be)

Can any of you recommend some pretty beaches in the U.S. that we could consider?

Thanks so much!

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Hmmm

Not sure of your budget, but the Virgin Islands are a nice alternative...
or perhaps somewhere down in the Florida keys...
Somewhere in New England by a lighthouse (I always thought THIS seemed affordable and beautiful!)
How about Corpus Christie, TX...close to Mexico without actually being IN Mexico

And um....someone else will have to help you with the west coast.
9.gif

Vote4PedroToo

Shiny_Rock
I live in L.A. The problem I have heard with beach weddings here (especially in the summer) in LA and Orange County is that the beaches are so crowded. Everyone stops to stare, I hear. That might not bug you though. And I am sure there are some exceptions. There are some beautiful ones in Laguna and above Malibu though.

this is a picture of Crescent Point Park in Laguna Beach. I think you pay the city like $250. It is beautiful and a little more private. It's on a cliff over the ocean. Here is a link to some more photos

El Matador Beach is also really beautiful. It's above Zuma (above Malibu).

Happy searching! Congratulations

crescentbay212121.jpg

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
I have always thought North Carolina was beautiful and it has some great beaches.

LauraSLP07

Shiny_Rock
My family used to vacation EVERY summer in Siesta Key, Florida. It is on the Gulf coast and has one of the world''s whitest sand beaches....plus the sunsets are beautiful!

siestasand_web2347.jpg

kbarro1

Shiny_Rock
Look up Seaside in FL. I have a friend who just got married there and it was SO pretty!

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
I am a huge fan of the beach in Sausalito, California...right in San Franciso. Quaint, beautiful, charming and not too crowded. On a full moon night, the sunset is incredible.

tulipsrock

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the suggestions. I will look into them
1.gif

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
As a native Texan, I have to discourage against Corpus Christi. I'm sure there are a couple of nicer areas but most is not nice at all. And the town is definitely less than glamorous. You have a lot of other beautiful choices though so I'm sure you'll find the perfect spot!

ETA: I went to Saint Augustine Florida wayyyy back when and I remember the beach being very nice. I don't know how it stacks up to ones in Cali but it was definitely pretty and the town has a great history.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results