shape
carat
color
clarity

looking for simple, yet unique, solitaire

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone- I''m new here on pricescope and I''m hoping you can give me your ideas! My bf and I are not engaged yet, but plan on getting married a year from now (hopefully!!). We''re not yet officially looking at engagement rings either, but the other night we did look at diamonds online for a little while. Anyways, while we were looking online it came out that he likes very plain solitaires because they show off the diamond the best; nothing extra to "distract." Personally I don''t like way over the top fancy e-rings either, but I want mine to be pretty and unique - something that not everygirl has, you know.

I''m going to try and post a couple photos of rings I like. My bf still thinks these are way too fancy!! Does anyone know of any solitaires that are simple but still elegant e-rings that might be possibilities?

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
here is one tacori that i love!!

00088041.jpg

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
and here''s another!

billbarnes-tacori.jpg

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
Hi Sunkist! Welcome!

First, have you looked in the E-Ring Folder in Show Me The Ring? There are A MILLION different rings in there so you can get some ideas of what you (& he) like and don''t like by looking at other people''s rings! Most pictures are linked to their original threads too, so you can see specs on the diamonds and settings.

I notice that both of the rings here have halos--do you definitely want one? Is that the part your boyfriend finds too fancy, or is he okay with those?

Next, what shape of diamond do you want? If you have a less common shape like an Asscher or a cushion, then even if the setting is extremely simple, it will stand out from the "typical" ring look a bit. Or, if you want a round, you could try something like KristyDarling''s ring which looks very traditional from the top, but has a unique prong design and surprise diamonds underneath.

All in all, I think you''ll find that one of the favorite past-times of us LIWs is looking at beautiful rings, so we should be able to supply you with plenty of pictures to give you ideas!

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Yes I love the halo look! but that is one of the things that my bf finds too fancy. KirstyDarling''s ring is beautiful! thanks for sharing that one. The diamond is humongous!! I wonder how that would look with a smaller dimond. I think we''re looking between .75-1.0 .

As for my favorite shape, I''ve been wanting a round, but I could go with an oval or even what I''ve seen called a square RB ( or is it just a square brilliant?). I do not want a princess, emerald, or marquis.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Here is the ring KD''s was copied from.
settinginnyc.JPG

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love both of the Tacori rings. There is a "Show me your Tacori" thread if you want to see some other designs on the hand.

Caribou

Brilliant_Rock
35.gif

Welcome Sunkist to the wonderful world of LIW...
19.gif

I really like the first one, I think it''s simple but with a twist. I loved Ritani''s halo ring but my BF didn''t think it was ''e-ring looking''...whatever that means
20.gif
. Like you BF, he also likes simplicity of solitares. I really like plain (not a good word since it''s far from plain) solitares with eternity wedding bands. The two combined would give it a simple but elegant look. I also like the eternity e-ring''s with matching bands.....they can be beautifully delicate.

Good luck ring shopping...it''s so much fun!!

princessv

Brilliant_Rock
I too really like the simple look of a solitare. I also really like the halo look with pave but my boyfriend doesn''t like it like yours. (I think mine just doesn''t want to fork over the extra cash. Hehe)

Since you like rounds and squares, why don''t you take a look at Jubilees? The square look but with the sparkle of an ideal round. I think its very unique and I was just floored by them! I''m also biased because my boyfriend already picked one out and is being set in a Vatche x-prong or a trellis type setting.

If you do a search on here about them you''ll get to see some also GoodOldGold sells them online. Hope this helps!

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
i
emlove.gif
the first tacori you posted. it''s elegant and not overdone. just gorgeous!!!

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s 2 simple but unique rings that I love: My ering
12.gif
and Lord Summerisle''s. Different from the style you seem to like though.

Mine:
RingsJC.JD.02a.JPG

LS''s fiancee''s:
Img_1134ps.jpg

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
This one isn''t so much a solitaire, (Which I''m getting, too) but this is kinda a solitaire, but with a sprinkling of pave. I love this ring, but I won''t get it!!

amberspave.jpg

njc

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with JCJDs choices... her ring is one of my favorites and Lord Summers is great too.

Here is the Show me your Tacori thread Tacori mentioned in her post. There is a ring in there that belongs to Bez that is similar to the first you posted, minus the halo. Also (personal plug here) i love my Tacori, plain yet unique. I have never seen another woman with it on. As a matter of fact there is only other one i know of in the world and its here on PS with a BEAUTIFUL sapphire... not to say that there arent any out there!

Another great thread is the Colored Stones Ering/Eyecandy thread. The center stones arent diamonds, but there are some great settings in there!

caligal

Shiny_Rock
Sunkist- Welcome and have you ever come to the right place!!
1.gif
I would look at the show me the ring folder- and I think alibiacocca has the right idea here. Maybe a fancier prong setting? Vatache has some pretty ones- check out the links in resources, many online choices to peruse. Soon you''ll be addicted like many of us here!
31.gif

JDgirl

Shiny_Rock
Sunkist - the Tacoris you posted are exactly the ones I love and am considering too. But I''m afraid it might get too fancy, so here are some other ones I''m looking at too. The first is also a Tacori, and the second is Verragio...

Tacori sixprong solomon bros 88412.jpg

JDgirl

Shiny_Rock
And the Verragio...

verragioSmallUnique.JPG

caligal

Shiny_Rock
JD Girl- I LOVE the basket on the 1st one you posted!!
30.gif
30.gif
Is it at tacori.com?

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Wow, the rings you''re posting are beautiful! I''ve been looking through threads and I''m starting to like this dVatch. Thank you everyone for your help! I was thinking that my bf was wierd for thinking anything but a solitaire was tooo fancy, but it sounds like a lot of your BFs feel the same way
1.gif

K, here''s that dVatch:

000RING4-007.jpg

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
JD girl - I do love that Tacori you posted! Do you think I could see more of a side few at the tacori website? Which one is that?

njc

Brilliant_Rock
The one JDgirl posted is the one i was talking about in the Tacori thread that Bez has. That picture shows more of a side shot... here it is.

2501%20RD%207.jpg

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Ooooo! I found the 8-prong and I actually do like it! But do you think it covers up the diamond too much? Does a diamond sparkle more if it gets light on the sides?

00088042.jpg

JDgirl

Shiny_Rock
Technically, all the light that is reflected enters from the top, but I don't like blocking too much of a diamond's side because I want to appreciate all the beauty of it from every angle, not just the top...

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Is it just me or are these 2 different Tacori rings???

000Tacori sixprong solomon bros 88412.jpg

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
AND #2

0002501RD-TAC-Angle3.jpg

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
yes, i think they''re a little different. looks like either the head is rotated, or that there''s 8 prongs in the bottom pic. also, the seams to be a swoop to the prongs in the first, where as the second one the head has a straight ring that goes around it (sorry i am clueless about the terminology here). also the space under the sholders (term??) is more circluar in the bottom pic.

JDgirl

Shiny_Rock
I think the head is just rotated...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results