shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for ideal diamond in the 10-15k range 1.5-2 carats. Was looking at this HPD one but wondering if there are better deals/filter methods

xiv

Rough_Rock

Any help is appreciated! Just stumbled across this forum a few days ago and its been great reading up on the recommendations.

The above diamond seems to be a good fit but I'm just wondering if that's a chance I can get some with better color or something if I use the HCA tool. It seems the HCA tool gives a number but that number is not always reliable. So just wanted to hear everyone's thoughts on this diamond and if there are any suggestions for others that I can look at!

Looking for 1.5-2carat in the 10-15k price range.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
welcome to PS! The HCA is not a selection tool, it is a tool for rejecting stones where the angles don't work togehter. The HCA is used when you don't have access to advanced images or you have to choose a subset of stones and then ask for advanced images. You don't need the HCA for stones from HPD or whiteflash "a cut above/expert select/premium select" because those stones already have the advanced images and info. The HCA is most helpful for GIA XXX stones bc some are great whereas others are horrible.

So you don't need to worry about the HCA at all if you are already buying a super ideal branded stone. The one you linked is great!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PS. the nice thing about HPD is you can literally pick any of their stones within your budget and color preferences and they will be amazing. They guarantee all stones are eye clean (though obviously you can ask them for specific info about at what viewing distance/angle an inclusion could be seen). I wouldn't hesitate to buy an SI1 from them to get more size/save $$.

I think this one is also good because it drops clarity down to VS2 and gives more size. It says "on hold" but you can ask about it anyway.

Another option:

AV_

Ideal_Rock
I am a fan of the HCA - if NOT as a tool to bootleg the finest H&A diamonds, they must be made that way each & every, so no chance of picking one out of a pile. You already have the best option.

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Looking for a bargain in the general diamond population using the HCA is just not going to get you a better cut diamond than Crafted By Infinity. High Performance Diamonds’ trade in or trade up policy is a valuable part of the transaction, IMO. If you want a more affordable stone, go down in clarity (my understanding is that CBI has stringent clarity standards so that you will not see inclusions in their stones). I have an E, SI2 CBI and the cut is as good as it gets in an MRB (my opinion of course). Can you see one in person to judge for yourself and decide if excellent cut is important to you? HPD makes that very easy and you couldn’t work with more accommodating people. Please check out this thread if you want to see more CBIs: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/please-show-me-your-crafted-by-infinity-diamond.150001/

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results