shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for help finding a pear for my e-ring!

AV_

Ideal_Rock
The very LONG pear looks like a sliver of light to me, and would fit into a graduated halo (smallest stones at the sharp end, going up toa 10pts perhaps) - a stile I am fond of. I can't get the ouble-roze out of my mind, yet! Some/many unusual cuts are as appealing as fanccy colours to me, at least.

The other pears, I am hardly seeing. Only one of the Blue Nile listings is still available (!? - let me doubt that these are sales, then, what...) & I keep going back to it now that I have run another search. The DBL options is just 0.7.

The fancy is small... I love this colour & the stone is too small too to stand alone too ,( WWW I can't say I feel so strongly about any colour that I'd want a token of any size at all (I feel that way about natural pearls & got a bucket of that sort of thing too).

This is smaller than all the rest, if not by much, and the price is just average, but it looks brighter than all the rest & the long 1.7/1 droplet shape makes me mention nonetheless:

https://www.bluenile.com/diamond-details/LD12817522

Thak you for the fun!

on with the day

Last edited:

AV_

Ideal_Rock
This is intriguing - it has a little keel, slightly higher up, which spreads the high brilliance & contrast fan quite widely throughout instead of the usual bow tie... Larger than the rest 9.5 X 6, 1.1 cts, D/SI1

https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/pear-shaped/1.13-carat-d-color-si1-clarity-sku-7250438

This is obvious:

https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/pear-shaped/1.01-carat-e-color-vs1-clarity-sku-3644526

(why am I never using the forum's search! - there must be options from others I have not seen...)

Last edited:

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
The very LONG pear looks like a sliver of light to me, and would fit into a graduated halo (smallest stones at the sharp end, going up toa 10pts perhaps) - a stile I am fond of. I can't get the ouble-roze out of my mind, yet! Some/many unusual cuts are as appealing as fanccy colours to me, at least.

The other pears, I am hardly seeing. Only one of the Blue Nile listings is still available (!? - let me doubt that these are sales, then, what...) & I keep going back to it now that I have run another search. The DBL options is just 0.7.

The fancy is small... I love this colour & the stone is too small too to stand alone too ,( WWW I can't say I feel so strongly about any colour that I'd want a token of any size at all (I feel that way about natural pearls & got a bucket of that sort of thing too).

This is smaller than all the rest, if not by much, and the price is just average, but it looks brighter than all the rest & the long 1.7/1 droplet shape makes me mention nonetheless:

https://www.bluenile.com/diamond-details/LD12817522

Thak you for the fun!

on with the day

AV, thank you for your help and deep expertise! You have an exceptional eye. Those last three you posted are beautiful; each have their own benefit - I love the droplet shape from the BN, and the length of the 9.5. But the ‘this is obvious’ suggestion, the E VS1, is REALLY eye catching. Very very bright. It almost feels festive!!

I am also shocked by the disappearing acts for several of the pears suggested on this thread; is business really so brisk? Are other pear hunters relying on the advice given here, and ‘poaching’ these options?

Lisa at ID jewelry is pulling one for me now, and I will ask to see if she can pull another one too, I just need to narrow which! The one I asked for isn’t showing as ‘unavailable’ yet so I hesitate to specify which ones I’m most interested in, in case there is a poacher (or AI algorithm somehow pushing around my purchasing behaviors). After all this browsing, JA sent me a coupon for 25% settings as an ‘insider deal’, I assume to tip the scale into convincing me to buy!

Reactions: AV_

AV_

Ideal_Rock
Of course it is good fun to be chasing such things!

I wonder if ID can pull one of these stones for you too? They may well belong to BN, or not. (not the kind of word of mouth they'd want, to be sure)

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
I reserved the droplet on BN. I think the timing should be just right for me to compare with one that Lisa has pulled (which hasn't arrived yet); a spready 9mm F SI1 that Ty suggested. My favorite is the brightest 9mm at $5,300 (the one which you said is obvious), but I'm having a hard time with a $1k price hike for the same size. Historically, I have liked small small gems, so I am surprised by my own insistence for size when it comes to my e-ring, but I'm getting custom setting so it will be tricky to upgrade (plus, would like to avoid a desire to upgrade if that's possible). My friends and FI are encouraging me to spend more, but as AV mentioned, a few thousand more or even dropping color a bit does not really yield many more options.

Dropping color a lot (to K's, L's, and M's) does provide some opportunity for a larger stone (1.5ct - 2ct), but none of the pears in that color range have caught my eye.

Reactions: AV_

princessandthepear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ivy & Rose has two pears that ae in budget and over 10mm. They are the long slender type of pear if that is what you seek.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My engagement ring pear is a chubster. It measures 6.5 x 7.5mm & is 1.02ct. The fact that it is so chubby has lead it to be cut like a MRB at the rounded end, so it has the fire & sparkle that a round has. It is a D VS2, which means it's icy white, even to the tip. It feels like a bottomless pool of water.

Pears are really, REALLY tricky. Please view them in person if you can before making any decisions, as what might appeal for a traditional more elongated pear might not be what steals your heart....
_182.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results