shape
carat
color
clarity

looking for BM fall color suggestions as well

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
Hi girls, I am also looking for suggestions for BM dress colors but didn''t want to hijack my wedding-date twin Dani''s thread
emwink.gif

My wedding is also late September. What are some BM color suggestions for a fall wedding in a college/historic town? My mother wants burgundy, I think that seems kind of heavy. I''m going for a classic but happy/airy feel since a lot of venues are historical and darker. I tend to prefer summer colors, but it is a fall wedding.
Does pearch work at all? I love the shots of some of the peach rose bouquets etc.

labbielove

Brilliant_Rock
Another fall bride here! 9/22/07
If you do like burgundy it doesn''t have to be dark and heavy, lots of bm dress styles look sharp in a darker color, and you could get the airy feel by having them wear tea length, or if long they could do strapless or spagetti strap/vneck, etc. A chiffon fabric would be less heavy than all satin,etc.

If you want to use peach-y colors in your flowers I think a mocha or pale gold color would be lovely. Even brown.
also, ivory with a contrasting sash,
platinum,
etc.

Maybe start envisioning what flowers you''d like and that could help narrow it down. We''re getting married in the country so are going with sunflowers, queen anne''s lace & gerberas with berries,greens etc. in a ''just picked'' look. My sisters decided on burgundy and I love how it makes their flowers pop.

Are you going to give your bm''s a say in the matter? I had orginally wanted champagne or a pale gold, but decided against it because it didn''t flatter their skin tones so much. Just another factor to consider.

eleguin

Shiny_Rock
I am getting married in September and I don''t think a red/bergundy is too heavy. The weather is just starting to turn cooler and the darker color looks very rich and elegant. Here is a pic of my bridesmaids dresses:

SHANA.jpg

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
burgandy is a beautiful color, but I think if you want summery, you should get what you want. I thought about burgandy when i got married but ultimately wound up choosing a beautiful green color...not sage or a dark green...i had bouquets of fall colored flowers for the girls and a bouquet of orange roses for myself. the flowers really popped against the green of the girls dresses. a lot of people commented on how elegant the colors looked together.

Kit

Brilliant_Rock
September can be late summer or early fall depending on geography...this gives you lots of flexibility. Where are you doing your reception? If it''s inside, I would take into consideration your color palette of the rooms so that you aren''t creating something clashing. That said, it also shouldn''t be too matchy.

If you''re doing a tent or white walls or something similar, sky is the limit! Good suggestions from those above about flowers, etc. I would also try playing with a color wheel to find complimentary colors, i.e. peach and blue, pink and green, etc.

Finally my two cents on burgundy: too heavy for an early fall wedding at best.

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
Check out what J. Crew has to offer- I can't say enough about how beautiful the dresses my girls wore and how great J. Crew was to work with. We got the dresses on sale a year ago for my may 27, 06 wedding. They have a lot on sale now but are probably running low in size/color selection.

I wouldn't let September dictate that you need a "fall color" as long as you stay away from out and out pastels you are probably safe.

ETA- also check out the Ann Taylor offerings- here is their spring preview w/ color listings - personally I love the watermelon and think that would be great for a "late summer" wedding, the champagne and midnight blue would be fab as well.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
For my late September wedding my colors were red and yellow. Think fall leaves.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results