shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for band ideas

lmyracle

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Looking for a band for my e-ring in my profile pic. It's 18K and platinum. Would you think a curved band would look best or straight? 5-stone too much? I have a 10-15K budget and want something nice and sparkly to complement it although I don't need to spend that much. Would I need a spacer ring? I'm at a loss and probably just need to go look around. IMG_5828.jpg (pic was before I had prongs lengthened on the sapphire)

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I believe you could pull off a straight band or a curved band.
It would be best for you to try a variety just to see for yourself what makes you happy.
Your ring is reminiscent of Princess Diana’s, and she wore a straight, plain gold band with her blue sapphire and diamond halo ring.
Whatever you choose, I’m certain it will be elegant with your charming ER.
Congratulations!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would wear a plain high ct yellow gold band and that’s it. Spend the rest of that budget on an eternity band but wear it on my right hand

Last edited:

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Came back to say if you went the plain band/eternity you’re toys essentially be getting an alternative e ring to wear with the plain band If say- you’re doing something where that honker of a sapphire wouldn’t be comfortable.

elizat

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring!

I would also do plain gold. The sapphire is the star. Do you want a snug/no gap look or a gap? I think you will have a slight gap no matter what with a non curved band, but it's fully your preference.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

The "ring" doesn't need a band.

But if you want one, plain, thin (2mm or so) , yellow gold .

cheers--Sharon

RosieR

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I too would go for the plain band like Kate Middleton. The rest of the budget can go on some fabulous wedding day jewellery. You could probably buy a 8-10 carat diamond Rivera necklace or a stunning eternity ring or some breathtaking earrings with that budget!

lmyracle

Shiny_Rock
Premium
[
Love your ER!! Specs please!!
Agree with @Niel, either yellow gold or platinum plain band, your ER needs no other bling! :kiss2:

It's a GIA carted 5.05 unheated sapphire with 1.75 of diamonds - set in 18K for the basket and the rest is platinum. I bought it for what I felt was a good deal, on e-bay, for $12540. I'd been looking for forever for an upgrade and wanted a sapphire - something different for my e-ring.

Fabulous ideas here and I'm going to look for a thin band. I was wondering if it would be too much if I went with any sort of eternity band and the consensus is yes; so a thin band it is.

Now what else to buy with my budget?! lol!! Thanks again kind people!!

finerthings

Brilliant_Rock
[

It's a GIA carted 5.05 unheated sapphire with 1.75 of diamonds - set in 18K for the basket and the rest is platinum. I bought it for what I felt was a good deal, on e-bay, for $12540. I'd been looking for forever for an upgrade and wanted a sapphire - something different for my e-ring.

Fabulous ideas here and I'm going to look for a thin band. I was wondering if it would be too much if I went with any sort of eternity band and the consensus is yes; so a thin band it is.

Now what else to buy with my budget?! lol!! Thanks again kind people!!

What a beauty and quite a find! :appl:
Thanks for posting!

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would wear a plain high ct yellow gold band and that’s it. Spend the rest of that budget on an eternity band but wear it on my right hand

This
Plus if you can also wear it next to the plain band on days you don’t want to sport the gorgeous sapphire -
Win -win!

diamondsR4eVR

Brilliant_Rock
Looking for a band for my e-ring in my profile pic. It's 18K and platinum. Would you think a curved band would look best or straight? 5-stone too much? I have a 10-15K budget and want something nice and sparkly to complement it although I don't need to spend that much. Would I need a spacer ring? I'm at a loss and probably just need to go look around. IMG_5828.jpg (pic was before I had prongs lengthened on the sapphire)

Mother of pearl this is a beautiful ER! I will let the others chime in on band ideas. I just wanted to swoon over your ER! :)

lmyracle

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thanks all - I took @bludiva suggestion and ordered a 22k 2mm band to wear with it.

Now I'm thinking some sparkling studs. It will be hubby's 50th birthday gift to me. We had a cruise but that got canceled until 2021 so I'm back to the drawing board.

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
Fantastic find of a beautiful ring! Oh and can I request an update on what you end up choose instead ;-)

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love this look!!!!!!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That’s so classy!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the plain gold band! Really, your ering is so lovely that you dont really need anything more with it!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @lmyracle! Can I please ask you what the dimensions of your beautiful sapphire are? I'm plotting an oval or cushion sapphire ring for my 40th birthday, and the proportions of yours are absolutely perfect :kiss2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning ring. That blue is TDF Bluelicious. :love:
I would choose a simple band to go with your ER.
Rich buttery yellow gold would be my first choice.

lmyracle

Shiny_Rock
Premium
@Dandi Awe, thank you. I searched for quite a while to find this one and I have to say I have zero buyers remorse and LOVE my ring. Please share with me your final product as I'd love to see it! Here are the stats on my ring. I hope you find this helpful!

This is from the Ebay listing:

Cushion Cut Unheated Sri Lanka Sapphire - 5.05 carats
Surrounded by 40 sparkling round brilliant cut diamonds, VS clarity and F-G color - 1.75 carats
Total ring size 19mm x 16mm North to south (3/4” wide x over 1/2” north to south)

And this is from the GIA cert regarding the sapphire:
10.76 x 8.63 x 6.42 mm

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Dandi Awe, thank you. I searched for quite a while to find this one and I have to say I have zero buyers remorse and LOVE my ring. Please share with me your final product as I'd love to see it! Here are the stats on my ring. I hope you find this helpful!

Surrounded by 40 sparkling round brilliant cut diamonds, VS clarity and F-G color - 1.75 carats
Total ring size 19mm x 16mm North to south (3/4” wide x over 1/2” north to south)

10.76 x 8.63 x 6.42 mm

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your info! It's for my 40th birthday so a while away yet, but the cogs are already turning!

lmyracle

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much for taking the time to post your info! It's for my 40th birthday so a while away yet, but the cogs are already turning!

Happy early birthday!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium

10.76 x 8.63 x 6.42 mm

Hi @lmyracle! Hope you are well! :wavey:

I know this is an old thread, but I promised to share pics of the sapphire ring I had made inspired by your stunning beauty (which I shamelessly admit to stalking and admiring still! :bigsmile:). Pics are here, post #3709! It's a lab sapphire with ideal cut lab diamonds, made by David Klass.

lmyracle

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Hi @lmyracle! Hope you are well! :wavey:

I know this is an old thread, but I promised to share pics of the sapphire ring I had made inspired by your stunning beauty (which I shamelessly admit to stalking and admiring still! :bigsmile:). Pics are here, post #3709! It's a lab sapphire with ideal cut lab diamonds, made by David Klass.

It is GORGEOUS!! David Klass did you well by that stunner! Thanks for sharing the pics with me!

iluvshinythings

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This is such a gorgeous ring! I think the band you chose is perfect too.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results