shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for advice..

So_In_Love

Rough_Rock
I'd love to hear some advice about my wedding dress. I've been to over 20 bridal salons looking for "the dress" but wasnt able to find anything that fits my criteria (simple, elegant, no beading, long train). I've found a few beautiful dresses, but they were simple to a point that they looked too plain. Finally, I went shopping last week and I think I found the one :love:
The only problem is that it doesnt have a train (at all!). At first I loved the dress so much that I didnt care, but now I keep looking at it and thinking "If only it had a train...". I spoke with the sales lady and she told me it is possible to add a train, but only 18 inches and it would cost $700 :-o

I guess my question is "do you think its worth it"? I mean 700 is a lot of money, and 18 inches isnt even that long of a train, so should I just let it go? I dont think that looking for another dress is an option, I'm exhausted by now and really love this dress.

av1.jpg

av2.jpg

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
let it go. that dress is gorgeous as is & $700 is outrageous. just look at it this way: it will be easier for you to walk around w/o adding a train & you won't have to pay more $ to add a bustle.

I'm looking at the dress (which is beautiful, BTW) and I think it does have a bit of train. So, look at it this way, you have "the little engine that could" train vs. the high-speed commuter train. :twirl:

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful. I love it how it is right now.

Is there any way you can use PhotoShop or something to get an idea of what it would look like with an 18" train added? That might help answer your question and eliminate your doubts.

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
It looks like it has a sweep train to me. How tall are you? These dresses are made for 6ft models, so you will probably have a lot of material dragging behind!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Have you thought about doing a really long veil?

The dress is gorgeous and I would leave it as is, personally. I just think if the designer thought a train would look good, they would have added it, so why not trust the designer's vision, you know? Plus the dress is so sleek and form fitting that I'm not sure a train would look good with it.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
It does have a train, its just a sweep train (which you should still bustle, even with a single point). That dress is GORGEOUS and I woul have given up my train to afford a dress from that designer. Seriously! In the end, having a train really proved to be annoying on my wedding day. I got stepped on just before my ceremony, ripping a small bit of one of my layers of silk organza and then even though it was bustled in a 5-point french bustle I got stopped on ALL THE TIME at my reception. My dress is ruined, for all intents and purposes. Theres no way I could resell it if I wanted to since the damage is so obvious. I really think if you LOVE this dress just get it as the designer intended and put that $700 towards something else!

Should Be Studying

Shiny_Rock
I love it as is. It is really beautiful, especially the detailing at the bottom.

So_In_Love

Rough_Rock
I'm 5'4 so hopefully choro was right and I'll have some material dragging behind =) Unfortunately I dont know how to use PhotoShop so I can't imagine how the dress would look with a bit of a train added. I think the bottom line is that I cant really justify spending $700 to add a small piece of fabric...
Thanks for the idea, thing! I think the long veil is just what this dress needs :razz:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results