shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for a toddler bed for my pups

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They’re not spoiled ... they’re loved. :mrgreen2: They have a dedicated twin-sized puppy bed, but I want to get another bed that is smaller for another room in our home for them. I don’t like the ‘typical’ dog beds at Petsmart, Petco, etc. that are just cushions on the floor. It’s much easier to keep a waterproof mattress protector under a blanket I can toss in the wash regularly.

I found four on Wayfair (pics below) that kind of fit the bill for what I’m looking for, but wondering if anyone else has seen anything similar that might be worth considering. These are toddler beds but don’t scream ‘toddler bed’ if that makes sense. And the plain wooden ones could be cute with some puppy paw prints added to them. LOL

Budget would be around $300 (or less), and it needs to be solid/sturdy, as both pups like to snuggle together; one is 70 lbs; the other 40 lbs. I scanned IKEA, Target & Walmart as well, but maybe there are other avenues to check that I haven’t thought of.

Any ideas/suggestions? Care to help me shop?
A47DA7A8-9A4E-4A0D-8E5A-5E54140A12FF.jpeg
52CA431E-EC01-458A-A43D-0F18AD9BE607.jpeg
153F4862-E8BE-4518-A2FF-403646988220.jpeg
3785A4AD-2CF1-49CC-BB98-61646A761127.jpeg

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Don’t laugh, we bought a car for our dog! We needed an SUV type with a high enough head room in the back.
And there’s nothing wrong with wanting visually appealing furniture even if it’s for your fur baby (we buy leather lounges for ours - meaning material just don’t work as well with dogs on it).
I’d try the baby shops or even look online eBay or your Craigslist / Gumtree. Toddlers grow up and need a bigger bed, so you should be able to get a decent one pre loved.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh definitely check the preowned baby shops if you are ok with that. Good idea @Bron357. Of the ones you posted I like #2. You are a good fur mommy. ;-)

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for the craigslist suggestion @Bron357 & @redwood66 I looked there as well but most of those options were race car & princess themes or super high-end set-ups with canopies, four posters, etc. I am definitely okay with pre-owned if it fits the bill and is in good/great condition; just seemed to be slim pickings in that market for a style I want.

I didn’t think to check baby shops though like BabiesRUs. And maybe I will drive around tomorrow to a few local resale store to see if they have something. Selfishly, I was hoping for an easy, online/delivery solution.

SandyinAnaheim

Brilliant_Rock
Well, I don't know if this will suit, but when my older ankle biters were still around, I wanted something roomy to cradle their old bones, but not too high off the ground to make it easy for their arthritic joints to get in an out of. After researching for a while, I finally settled on a Sealy Lux Quad Layer Orthopedic Dog Bed with Cooling Gel, Amazon had the best price. That was in 2014 and the bed is still perfect, looks new, the foam is perfectly intact, and my little gremlin has tried and couldn't destroy it. She destroys all the other beds around the house to the tune of one a month. It's the best bed we've ever had for the furbabies. My husband thought I was a certified NUT to buy a bed this expensive, but it has survived the test of time. Money well-spent imo. I bought a really big one for my two 20 pounders so they could stretch out to their hearts' content, together, and it was perfect for them. Even my overnight pet guests love it. Couldn't imagine a better bed.

ETA: Forgot to add the link: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00G3D3QRM/ref=oh_aui_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@SandyinAnaheim I REALLY like that one, especially since it has a removable cover that is machine washable! Gonna measure out the x-large size to see if it will be big enough for them both. Thank you so much!

Last edited:

SandyinAnaheim

Brilliant_Rock
@SandyinAnaheim I REALLY like that one, especially since it has a removable cover that is machine washable! Gonna measure out the x-large size to see if it will be big enough for them both. Thank you so much!
Yes, the cover is washable and relatively easy to put back together. The construction on it is excellent and the foam is high density and very high quality. My Lola is a zipper fiend, that's how she destroys beds to get at the foam, but this one is too heavy for her to move to get to the zipper. :mrgreen2: The ONLY thing I don't like about it is that they cheaped out on the plastic liner that protects the foam. It is thin and crappy. My husband stepped on the bed once and the liner tore. I haven't contacted them to see if I can get another liner, I just flipped it over.

I keep ours clean by spreading a nice fleecy throw on it and tuck the edges under, and then wash the throw weekly. If your bigger pups aren't bed destroyers, this bed should last their whole lives, and then some.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was going to suggest a daybed - one with storage is awesome to keep extra pet stuff!
I love how spoiled your pups are! Lucky wiggle bums!

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Maria D

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
WHERE ARE THE PICTURES OF THE PUPS??!!

Maria D

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Awwwww, they're adorable!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You are the perfect pet mama. :kiss2: I love this idea and I think I’m going to follow in your footsteps. I need one that resides closer to the floor, since I have older / smaller dogs.

Here’s a couple I found:
Rattan pet bed: here
Pet bed frame (no sides): here

I liked the first and second choices you shared best. :mrgreen2:

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @Maria D

@elle_71125 I was full steam ahead on the toddler bed as well but came across another dog bed style like @SandyinAnaheim posted above that might work better for us as it can be more easily moved around if/when we want. But if it doesn’t work out, a toddler bed is a definite plan for my gals. The ones I posted above were on wayfair and if you like, I’d be happy to link to those particular ones, as I saved them.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @Maria D

@elle_71125 I was full steam ahead on the toddler bed as well but came across another dog bed style like @SandyinAnaheim posted above that might work better for us as it can be more easily moved around if/when we want. But if it doesn’t work out, a toddler bed is a definite plan for my gals. The ones I posted above were on wayfair and if you like, I’d be happy to link to those particular ones, as I saved them.

Thank you. I already saved a couple of the wayfair ones you shared, as well as the one posted by @SandyinAnaheim . Now to make a decision. :mrgreen2:

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The new puppy bed arrived, and my gals give it two paws up. It’s roomy enough for them both to lay down comfortably while keeping their desired proximity during naps. It’s the one I posted above from Amazon in the X-large size. For reference, my pups are about 40 lbs & 75 lbs. I laid on it, and was surprised how comfortably firm it is. Just thought I’d circle back with an update.

Thanks so much to everyone who chimed in. :wavey:
41A37201-B021-4324-B14A-84DF540E6717.jpeg
57C1C849-07B2-4EC2-8D9A-D3F306C256A6.jpeg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The new puppy bed arrived, and my gals give it two paws up. It’s roomy enough for them both to lay down comfortably while keeping their desired proximity during naps. It’s the one I posted above from Amazon in the X-large size. For reference, my pups are about 40 lbs & 75 lbs. I laid on it, and was surprised how comfortably firm it is. Just thought I’d circle back with an update.

Thanks so much to everyone who chimed in. :wavey:
41A37201-B021-4324-B14A-84DF540E6717.jpeg
57C1C849-07B2-4EC2-8D9A-D3F306C256A6.jpeg

Awww they look so comfy! Congratulations on finding these lovely beds. And your pups are precious.:kiss2:
Please give them both a hug from me!

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @missy They do seem to enjoy it, even opting to go lay on it in the other room while we were in the room where their other twin-sized bed is (they usually lounge in whatever room we are in), so that was definitely a positive sign they like it. I’m glad I decided to buy two of them so they have multiple comfy nap options around the house. Now I just need to find a couple of cute puppy-themed throw blankets to swap in/out while the other is being laundered. :wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @missy They do seem to enjoy it, even opting to go lay on it in the other room while we were in the room where their other twin-sized bed is (they usually lounge in whatever room we are in), so that was definitely a positive sign they like it. I’m glad I decided to buy two of them so they have multiple comfy nap options around the house. Now I just need to find a couple of cute puppy-themed throw blankets to swap in/out while the other is being laundered. :wavey:

Something like these?

https://www.amazon.com/Comsmart-Bla...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=3EZ4JPTDX6YFNF49JN24

https://www.amazon.com/Allisandro-F...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=3EZ4JPTDX6YFNF49JN24

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those are adorable @missy I see the second option has sizes that will span this massive bed. My only concern is the durability of materials that may be too thin, so I’ll have to investigate those options some more. I was also thinking if I could find some large beach towels with puppy themes/paw prints/etc., they may be a good option, as we usually wash the dog bed blankets twice/week, and their claws sometimes snag, so durability is a must.

For now, the other one has a large ‘beach sheet’ towel on it, in my office (excuse the clutter as I’m reorganizing in here). She seems pretty content to supervise my work day from here. :lol:
E1B321AB-E9D7-48EC-A3FB-E388064AFDEB.jpeg

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just noticed, that box you see in the background with the woman’s eyes ... that IS my GemOro jewelry steam cleaner. :lol-2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results