shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for a pink sapphire, pink spinel or rubellite

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Does anyone have one that they're looking to sell?

I'd like it in oval or cushion preferably. If not, I'd consider EC or Asscher-cut. Prefer more pink/ intense pink/ purplish-pink on sapphire and spinel. On rubellite, I'd prefer a brighter red. But will def consider what you have.

Set or loose will both be considered, but prefer loose.

I don't much care whether or not the stone is heated, as long as this is reflected in the price. Would need to be very eye-clean.

Prefer something of at least 9mm length measurement.

Thanks.

happybear

Shiny_Rock
Phoenix, maybe you can check with Bob Kast. He just had a new batch of rubellite rough in and may have something that fits your requirement.
What are you planning to do? :naughty:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
happybear|1317875919|3034373 said:
Phoenix, maybe you can check with Bob Kast. He just had a new batch of rubellite rough in and may have something that fits your requirement.
What are you planning to do? :naughty:

Thanks, could you pls tell me which website that is? I'd like to make a halo RH ring as I have some melee left from my last project.

happybear

Shiny_Rock
You can contact him through the DB site as he lists his stones there (under loose stones).
Although now that I think about it, I've not seen him list any huge rubellites before but I guess there's no harm asking.
I asked him about cutting a pair of round rubellite a couple months back and he just updated me of his new rough last week.

You may also want to pop over to the Colored Stones forum. There's a sticky there listing all the popular vendors PSers go to.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
happybear|1317879304|3034385 said:
You can contact him through the DB site as he lists his stones there (under loose stones).
Although now that I think about it, I've not seen him list any huge rubellites before but I guess there's no harm asking.
I asked him about cutting a pair of round rubellite a couple months back and he just updated me of his new rough last week.

You may also want to pop over to the Colored Stones forum. There's a sticky there listing all the popular vendors PSers go to.

Thanks much, very kind of you.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Hey Phoenix - this is actually kinda cool, as I opened this forum for the first time, saw your post and read that one first ::)

I have a Gary Braun cushion cut rhodolite that I was considering putting up on DB - I know you didn't ask for a garnet, however it is in the same family colour-wise and sounds very close to what you have described you are after in terms of colour, hence why I thought I would mention it to you.

It's a great size at 5.89cts (10.5mm, IF clarity) - and of course, being a Gary B stone it is impeccably cut in a mixed old mine style cushion cut that he uses quite often.

Here is the original thread so you can see all the pics, specs, discussion etc from when I first bought it:
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/two-new-rhodolites.148947/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/two-new-rhodolites.148947/[/URL]

And here are a couple pics of it, both Gary's and mine:

This gem has never been 'played with' or set in any way, it's in the same condition and same box as it arrived from Gary.
If you are interested (or anyone else is!) please let me know and I will put up the DB listing tonight.

Cheers Phoenix!

aj
::)

GB cushion aj.jpg

cush%205.jpg

cush%209.jpg

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
arjunajane|1317880557|3034393 said:
Hey Phoenix - this is actually kinda cool, as I opened this forum for the first time, saw your post and read that one first ::)

I have a Gary Braun cushion cut rhodolite that I was considering putting up on DB - I know you didn't ask for a garnet, however it is in the same family colour-wise and sounds very close to what you have described you are after in terms of colour, hence why I thought I would mention it to you.

It's a great size at 5.89cts (10.5mm, IF clarity) - and of course, being a Gary B stone it is impeccably cut in a mixed old mine style cushion cut that he uses quite often.

Here is the original thread so you can see all the pics, specs, discussion etc from when I first bought it:
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/two-new-rhodolites.148947/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/two-new-rhodolites.148947/[/URL]

This gem has never been 'played with' or set in any way, it's in the same condition and same box as it arrived from Gary.
If you are interested (or anyone else is!) please let me know and I will put up the DB listing tonight.

Cheers Phoenix!

aj

Wow!! That IS cool!! I lurve it!! May I ask how much you're asking for it and also is it lighter in colour ? The reason I didn't state garnet in my OP is because they tend to be very dark and I did get one from Dana before and it was so dark (almost brown, black in some lightings) that I ended up just throwing it away!! Oh ok, I didn't exactly throw it away but it's misplaced somewhere! 8)

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock

He had been on the lookout for one for me and emailed me about a 2 ct RB the other week. It was a bit steep for me atm so I passed. It might not hurt to shoot him an email about it. ::)

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
tammy77|1317881561|3034398 said:

He had been on the lookout for one for me and emailed me about a 2 ct RB the other week. It was a bit steep for me atm so I passed. It might not hurt to shoot him an email about it. ::)

Thank you, tammy. Appreciate it.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Phoenix|1317881293|3034395 said:
arjunajane|1317880557|3034393 said:

Cheers Phoenix!

aj

Wow!! That IS cool!! I lurve it!! May I ask how much you're asking for it and also is it lighter in colour ? The reason I didn't state garnet in my OP is because they tend to be very dark and I did get one from Dana before and it was so dark (almost brown, black in some lightings) that I ended up just throwing it away!! Oh ok, I didn't exactly throw it away but it's misplaced somewhere! 8)

Hi Phoenix,

it is a really great gem - I specifically had Gary cut it for me from the rough, and I love it too.
I guess the main reason why I'm selling is I kinda have a 'double' of it, as I have my umbalite from Gene F, which is set in a James Meyer ring, and I don't see myself setting this one anytime soon, kwim?
I tend to collect gems to wear, not to just hang on to personally - although I would love to have the budget to just collect for the sake of collecting!

Seeing as you like it, I will create the DB listing with the asking price, and that will include any other details I can think of, plus a couple more pics etc.

You're correct, garnets can be generally darker in tone than a rubellite or the other gems you've asked for.
This particular rhodolite never 'blacks out' and has zero brown - although the tone will be darker when in low lighting situations, of course. I always try to be as realistic as possible with any descriptions, as there is no point sending you something you won't love!

I recently sold a loose tsavorite on DB to another PSer and she was extremely happy with the gem and the transaction.

The photos I've posted in my thread are very representative of how the cushion looks in most lighting, and when you get it out in the sun - it is a very bright and intense cherry pinkish-red, with a lot of flash.
When it is not in as much direct light, it shows a lovely purplish-red body colour, with red or pink or magenta flashes across the facets as you move the stone (I have gone and collected it from the draw and sitting inside in low natural light with no artificial light as I type this, so as I can give you an accurate description) ;))

I'll go ahead and create the listing, although it may take me a couple hours as I'm about to go out, I hope that's ok.
It would be mailing from where I live in WA, Australia - I understand you currently live in China?
Once you can confirm, I will obtain a quote from Australia Post for the most secure and quickest method they have, Express Courier International (EMS) - which is the only method I will use for international packages of any value. It will include signature on delivery, tracking and insurance for the sale value.
I will put the quote in this thread for you, as other buyers are most likely looking for a quote to the US - no need to tell me publicly any more details where you live, just the country should be enough ::)

Thanks for your interest Phoenix, I hope we can help each other.
Your idea of a diamond halo ring will be gorgeous with this gem, and I'm sure will bring out the body colour and brightness of the colours even more so with melee alongside the garnet.

cheers!
aj

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
arjunajane|1317886985|3034424 said:
Hi Phoenix -

the listing is up!
http://diamondbistro.com/category/239/Garnet/listings/23522/~6cts,-Gary-Braun,-old-mine-cut-cushion-Rhodolite.html

I do hope you have a look and contact me if you are interested.

Cheers!
AJ

Thank you so much. I'm actually in Singapore now, and would (if we agree on a pricing) like for you to send it to a setter/ jeweller in the US. I've just shot an email to Victor to see how much it'd cost for me to set something like that into a halo ring. If it's too much, I might just set it simply into a solitaire setting. I wonder if rose gold or yellow gold would be better?

I'll also send you a message on DB. I'm Phoenix123 there. Thanks again.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
All,

Even if I purhase this garnet, I'd still like a pink sapphire (pad would be best - they're so expensive on the vendors' websites so I'm hoping someone here may want to offload one of theirs :wink2: ), or a pink spinel. Thanks.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Phoenix|1317909478|3034526 said:
arjunajane|1317886985|3034424 said:
Hi Phoenix -

the listing is up!
http://diamondbistro.com/category/239/Garnet/listings/23522/~6cts,-Gary-Braun,-old-mine-cut-cushion-Rhodolite.html

I do hope you have a look and contact me if you are interested.

Cheers!
AJ

Thank you so much. I'm actually in Singapore now, and would (if we agree on a pricing) like for you to send it to a setter/ jeweller in the US. I've just shot an email to Victor to see how much it'd cost for me to set something like that into a halo ring. If it's too much, I might just set it simply into a solitaire setting. I wonder if rose gold or yellow gold would be better?

I'll also send you a message on DB. Thanks again.

Hey Phoenix,
you are more than welcome!

I just did a calculation on the Aust Post website and shipping, including insurance for the current asking price, would be ~$74USD ($78.15AUD).
I do acknowledge this sounds a lil high, however I favour this service as it is something I would like someone to offer to me as an option, if I were the purchaser, kwim? ECI delivers within ~3 business days, has online tracking, secure signature delivery and insurance optional..it is the only product from Australia Post that offers all of these safety measures.

I would be open to discussing sending via International Registered instead, which could be reasonably cheaper and is also reliable and secure - however can't be insured IIRC..

Either way, I am flexible and happy to work with you to find what is best for both parties - this also goes for any potential situation where you may want to return an item..
I like to give as much info as possible beforehand, so that the buying party knows exactly what to expect and is hopefully 100% happy when they receive their package. :appl:
However, being a consumer myself I understand buying gems or jewels over the internet is far from a science, so I'm open to discussion pertaining to returns or refunds (although I don't anticipate the recipient of this garnet not loving it!).

I would be so envious if you had this set by Victor C! I really admire his work, especially his delicate pave.
I'm a massive YG fan and think 18ct YG would be lovely with the rich jewel tones of this gem - I'm so happy you are considering yellow or rose gold for the setting! :love:

Aerix

Shiny_Rock
Phoenix|1317909675|3034530 said:
All,

Even if I purhase this garnet, I'd still like a pink sapphire (pad would be best - they're so expensive on the vendors' websites so I'm hoping someone here may want to offload one of theirs :wink2: ), or a pink spinel. Thanks.

I saw this 11.7x8.8mm oval pink spinel being sold by Litnon:
http://litnon.com/index.php?page=viewgem&id=8833

There's also a 9.7x8.2mm oval being sold by Gemfix on this page:
http://www.gemfix.com/spinel.html

Hope this helps! ::)

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Dery has a rubellite on his site. Spectral gems.

cheers--Sharon

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you very much, ladies, for posting all the links. I really appreciate it.

Now that I've bought Arjunajane's beautiful stone (which I have no idea yet how to set - I just HAD to buy it!! :wink2: ), I think I'm now more inclined to go with a pink sapphire in oval shape or slightly elongated cushion shape. Still def pref a pad but they're so rare in the size I'd like and soooo expensive!! I can totally imagine having such a stone in a halo ring set by Victor!! :naughty:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Perhaps I should take this to the Coloured Stones forum. Doesn't look like any PS'er has such a stone they're looking to sell, at a discounted price! ::)

cookies

Brilliant_Rock
Phoenix|1318143216|3036371 said:
Perhaps I should take this to the Coloured Stones forum. Doesn't look like any PS'er has such a stone they're looking to sell, at a discounted price! ::)

Hi Phoenix! :wavey:

I am selling my 11mm purplish-red rubellite:
http://diamondbistro.com/category/219/Colored-Center-Stone/listings/23416/Gorgeous-3-Stone-Rubellite-Ring-%40PD950%41.html

It is set in a 3-stone ring. Not sure if you are interested in concave cut, but that rubellite was cut by Richard Homer and is completely natural.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cookie|1318272002|3037159 said:
Phoenix|1318143216|3036371 said:

Hi Phoenix! :wavey:

I am selling my 11mm purplish-red rubellite:
http://diamondbistro.com/category/219/Colored-Center-Stone/listings/23416/Gorgeous-3-Stone-Rubellite-Ring-%40PD950%41.html

It is set in a 3-stone ring. Not sure if you are interested in concave cut, but that rubellite was cut by Richard Homer and is completely natural.

Hi Cookie!

Thanks so much for posting that. It's really reallhy gorgeous!! :love: If I hadn't bought the garnet already, I'd certainly consider this. I'm now after an (intense) pink sapphire. Thanks very much though.

dameisers

Rough_Rock
Phoenix|1317961959|3035147 said:

Now that I've bought Arjunajane's beautiful stone (which I have no idea yet how to set - I just HAD to buy it!! :wink2: ), I think I'm now more inclined to go with a pink sapphire in oval shape or slightly elongated cushion shape. Still def pref a pad but they're so rare in the size I'd like and soooo expensive!! I can totally imagine having such a stone in a halo ring set by Victor!! :naughty:

Love that stone! I'm having Gary cut one for me because I missed it. LOL! What are you going to do with it? I'm trying to figure out what I'm going to do with mine.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
dameisers|1318369721|3038024 said:
Phoenix|1317961959|3035147 said:

Love that stone! I'm having Gary cut one for me because I missed it. LOL! What are you going to do with it? I'm trying to figure out what I'm going to do with mine.

I have no idea yet actually, lol. Just had to grab it because it's so gorgeous.

Can't wait to see what you'll do with yours.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results