shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for a bezel pendant setting for a .84 ct. round

MrsCWantsAnUprgade

Rough_Rock
Well, mama got her upgrade. I have a 1.5 ct. J, SI2 that I'm not happy with, but that's another story.

I would like to use the stone from my original engagement ring to put into a bezel setting and wear it as a pendant. I am looking for a 14kt. wg pendant with a chain. I can have it set locally. Any suggestions of where to look to get a great deal?

Michael_E

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Do you have a jeweler who will let you look through their catalogs? If so, then head over and look through their commercial pendants in those catalogs. Even if it doesn't have a setting for the size diamond you have, your jeweler can always cut out the existing setting and replace it with what is called a "bezel cup" and set your stone into the assembled piece. It'll look like it was made that way and can offer many more options and at a much lower cost than going fully custom.

MrsCWantsAnUprgade

Rough_Rock
I do have a local jeweler, but because I just want a simple bezel, I feel that I could get a better price online. I'll check out both options.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You still have to have it set - that's where the local jeweler comes in. Most local jewelers will have access to the Stuller catalog (or something comparable) for the setting. Stuller offers reasonably priced settings. Stuller sells only to the trade. I suppose you could buy a setting on-line and bring it in to a local jeweler to be set, but don't be surprised if they charge you more to set an outside setting than they would to set something they source for you; most local jewelry shops are small operations and not rolling in dough. Plus - if you order the wrong setting for some reason, you'll be absorbing any costs associated with that yourself.

You can explore the Stuller catalog, without prices, online. If you're determined to order your own setting, gemhut carries one style of bezeled pendant.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ask David Klass he made a beautiful one for me and I thought it was a good price.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results