shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for a 7mm round spinel or sapphire

Topiary

Rough_Rock
I am looking for 7mm sapphire or spinel to replace a damaged Jeff Davies gray-lavender spinel that was in a very sentimental ring. :cry2:

I don't know if I have much wiggle room for shape and size, as the setting is a custom piece made for a 7mm round stone.

I am pretty open in terms of color. I'd prefer gray-lavender or dusty pink, but I'm open. I'm not someone who is sensitive to overtones and undertones. For a spinel, I'd like it not to be dark.

I'd like it be eye clean, but could be open to inclusion that add "character" if cut and color are nice, especially with sapphires.

I strongly prefer precision cut.

I'd like to stay under $300, but I can be flexible.

I emailed Jeff. We'll see what he says. If he can supply 7mm round gray spinel, my problems are solved.

Reactions: AV_

voce

Ideal_Rock
These days, a good-looking sapphire or spinel that's 7mm will cost you a lot more than $300. Even a grayish sapphire that's well cut will be around $1200, and I estimate $800-$900 for a spinel that size.

IcePhoenix

Shiny_Rock
On AfricaGems there's one that you may like, but it's around 850 USD :oops2:

Sunshinelab

Shiny_Rock

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmmm I think you'll need to extend your budget for that size. :think: Spinel is no longer the cheap option. If it's just a casual wear ring, perhaps you could get some amethyst cut to size?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results