shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for a 14kt, 18kt and possibly platinum chain resource…

luckygreen317

Brilliant_Rock
I am reaching out to the PS Forum for help finding a chain resource. I found Sarraf Jewelry through a Google search and their prices seem fair.
I am specifically looking for 18kt yellow gold, 14kt rose gold and possibly platinum wheat (spica)chains.
I am have been told that wheat chains are very durable for floating pendants.
I would love any feedback or advice!

Sarraf Jewelry Inc.
650 S. Hill St., #728
Los Angeles, CA 90014
Phone: (888) 4-SARRAF (888-472-7723)
FAX: (213) 627-5212
E-mail: [email protected]

Here is the inspiration photo:

IMG_9710.jpeg

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bought a chain from Sarraf maybe 7 or 8 years ago. It was fine -- no complaints and as expected. (My now-late Mom bought herself a pendant and it came with a way-too-skimpy chain so I got her a more substantial one -- and, sadly, I think we have it back now.) It might be a wheat.

Look at gram-weight per inch to gauge how substantial; width does not tell the whole story (e.g., 0.8 mm vs. 1.0mm, etc.) I would be reluctant to buy online if I did not have this number.

The last two chains we bought were custom-sourced by the shop that sold or made that particular pendant.

luckygreen317

Brilliant_Rock
I bought a chain from Sarraf maybe 7 or 8 years ago. It was fine -- no complaints and as expected. (My now-late Mom bought herself a pendant and it came with a way-too-skimpy chain so I got her a more substantial one -- and, sadly, I think we have it back now.) It might be a wheat.

Look at gram-weight per inch to gauge how substantial; width does not tell the whole story (e.g., 0.8 mm vs. 1.0mm, etc.) I would be reluctant to buy online if I did not have this number.

The last two chains we bought were custom-sourced by the shop that sold or made that particular pendant.

Thank you for the advice! I have purchased 4 chains online now and 3 of them were very disappointing due to my learning curve. I will definitely look at the overall weight and MM moving forward thank you!

luckygreen317

Brilliant_Rock
where did you buy that disappointed? i buy often online and i am just wondering

TRR resells chains but doesn’t offer much information. I took a chance and bought one. It was VERY thin with a kink so back it went. $12.95 loss for the back and forth. I purchased one from Sarraf that immediately went back as well. The weight versus the MM should have been a clue, it was a loosely woven “wheat” chain. My husband described it as fluffy :shhh:

If anyone here on PS has a great chain resource, please share!

I have to share this experience…I visited David Klass in downtown LA a few weeks ago. I had some extra time so walked around to the numerous vendors on the block. It was the jewelry version of Canal Street in NYC; overwhelming, a lot of 10kt and CZ’s and aggressive sellers. I found a booth with a very nice older couple and found the perfect chain for 1/2 what I expected to pay for it. There aren’t many vendors that offered rose gold, so that was a quick determination on who to engage.

luckygreen317

Brilliant_Rock
I see.

I have been buying lately from kinorojewelry.com and it has become my go to for chains/bracelets. I've found them to have the best prices online

Thank you for the recommendation! They offer very nice yellow gold and a few white gold chain options. I would have saved about $100 if I ordered my anchor chain through them. It’s difficult to find 14kt rose gold and platinum chains.

lala646

Brilliant_Rock
I've ordered chains twice from Goldmania on Etsy. I was very impressed with the two chains in my first order (2019), but when I ordered the second time (2023), the chains seemed a bit less substantial than expected. But her prices and selection are both great!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results