shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking and Lurking

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tlroza

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

I am new and came across this website, which is great!

My boyfriend and I will eventually be getting married and I''ve been checking out various diamond sites.

At first i was looking for a 1.5 carat stone, GIA, SI1, EX,EX,EX. It''s a beautiful diamond! My problem is that the previous stone that I had from my first marriage was a 2.54 old mine. Not the best stone by any means. When I looked at the 1.5 carat it seemed so small. Has anyone else had a large stone in the past and have had trouble wrapping your brain around a smaller, but better quality diamond?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Generally we see people here looking to increase size, not decrease, so I am sure that might take some adustment. However, I will say that unless you live in NY or Beverly Hills, a 1.5 is still large to 95% of the people. I''d say that it would be wise to think about the size diamonds of your friends to decide the range that you''d be most comfortable wearing. You can go to lower color and clarity if you really want a larger stone, or some girls go for a halo setting to make the diamond appear larger. Or, you can go for another antique stone and probably get a larger size for the money.

tlroza

Rough_Rock
Hi,

Thanks for the response. I don''t live in either of those places, I live in Scottsdale Arizona
emteeth.gif

I''ve been looking at mostly 1.50 online and in the jewlery stores. So, I think realistically that''s the best size for me as I have small hands.

My second question is I think I''ve found a mounting that I like. What''s the best way to have it set? Is it better to ship the diamond and have the jeweler that created the mounting set it or buy the mounting and have it sent to me and have someone local do it? Or does it matter?

Daisi2112

Shiny_Rock
I think just get whatever you are comfortable with and really like
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results