Brilliant_Rock
Premium
All photos taken in the evening... imagine in sunlight :cheeky:

screenshot_2016-10-11-17-35-04-1.png

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Waaaaaah!
That's stunning. Both the stone as well as the setting. When will you receive your Pretty Young Thing?

chroman

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Nice!!

(Though, honestly, not what I expected when I opened the thread :)

theredspinel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you!

Acinom I'm hoping it will take only a few days, my pendant from Sally last time only took a few days...

Lol chroman, I can't respond in the other thread yet; I'm in the middle of "talks" :naughty:

I have *so much* (!) I want to say but I can't!!!! Not until things are more concrete so....hopefully I can update that thread soon! Anyway this was my current project that's had me tied up so happy now it's all finished!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks gorgeous! Can't wait to see it on your hand. Post plenty of pics when it arrives please.

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's gorgeous! I love the gentle curve of the split shank. :) More photos please~~~

theredspinel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you both! As soon as I have it I promise with first good light (clear of the grey black clouds we've had the past 2 days) I'll get some handshots up.

I always forget how much I love this semi black opal.... its such a moody stone in pics! It's 5 out of 5 for brightness and it just does not translate well in pics. Plus it has so many different faces; one of my favourite ones is the electric blue and red (not in any pictures above) it shows at some angles. Then with other angles you get the soft orange, yellow and green.... then again other angles you get the electric blue with electric purple.... ugh I love it!

theredspinel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
So this is a pic of the electric green it shows. Taken about 1.5 meters away from my front room windows. It's frustrating that I see ALL the colours in this opal with this brightness but I can't capture it in pics!!! Also note I only take pics with my old Samsung phone so the picture quality is really really basic (I need a phone upgrade!!!)

I've taken a hundred and one photos but they ALL come out with blurriness (I cannot for the life of me keep the camera steady) so I'll just post the green colour for now and when I take semi decent pics showing all the other colours, I'll update it here.

Btw the diamond melee are the brightest, and sparlkiest melee I've seen.... They literally sparkle from a few metres away in a dark room! ! Can't remember colour (but they're white) and they are vs1 quality.

screenshot_2016-10-16-12-03-53.png

screenshot_2016-10-16-12-04-07.png

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nice opal and ring, thanks for sharing.

DK :love:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love your pics!!! The ring looks stunning on you. Beautiful opal colors and the setting is so beautifully made with the split shank and diamond halo. I like!!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it! :appl: I know opals are hard to photograph but even with that said I love the color play in your opal ring. Congrats on a unique and beautiful ring.

theredspinel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you dk, acinom and lisa!!! I am *so* glad I went with the diamond halo, it really brings the entire piece to life. I'm not used to having a thin shank like this but it feels nice and sturdy which is the main thing. This opal definetly called for a thin shank though... now I need to break out of my yellow gold obsession!

Oh almost forgot to ask acinom, what have you got planned for your black opal? I can't wait to see it!

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous!! I love the color play that the opal shows in your photo even though opals are normally so camera-shy. If it looks like that in the photo, I can only imagine how amazing it is in real life!! :appl: :love:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
More pics please :appl:

I am gearing towards YG for my stone and I am getting more certain about haloing it since I see what it does for your stone. I love the Solace design from Alistair Kelsey although I might opt for a different shank.

Sungura

Brilliant_Rock
theredspinel beautiful ring. As Mochiko noted, we know these opals are camera shy. I love all the design decisions: split shank, yellow gold, and the positioning of the opal. Congratulations! :clap: One day you will capture the opal at its best and we will all be here to enjoy it

theredspinel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
More pictures! Just a note about the pics below...unbelievably they were all taken in the exact same light (my living room) same time of day (evening) exact same position (my sofa) but in some of the pictures I got this weird glow haha.

It doesn't affect the colour of the opal at all, only the surroundings.

screenshot_2016-10-20-15-50-46.png

screenshot_2016-10-20-15-50-30-1.png

screenshot_2016-10-20-15-51-29.png

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats, I love opals they are so colourful and yet moody at the same time!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results