Look at Clinton's lead now

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:appl: :appl: :appl:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really hope that the sane among us do not get too comfortable. If any of us stay home on Election Day, the crazy man can easily win. Any sign of complacency scares the heck out of me.

AGBF

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF|1470574000|4063251 said:
I really hope that the sane among us do not get too comfortable. If any of us stay home on Election Day, the crazy man can easily win. Any sign of complacency scares the heck out of me.

AGBF
Agreed

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looking good, but we still have a long way to go, and can't afford to get complacent.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes it is still a long way to go.

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nate Silver has a rep he's wanting to keep, so I feel good about the quality of his numbers. Larry Sabato's analysis comes up with the same numbers. Charlie Cook, well, I'd like to see his numbers, but I'm not willing to pay for it. But even with a Cook time delay, any of the three is good enough, and all three together are certainly reliable enough, that I don't feel any burning desire to "unskew" the numbers. Truly, UnskewedPolls . com (long defunct so don't think it's a real link anywhere!!!) was for me, the bit of the last election with the highest entertainment value.

And no complacency here - it's not my nature on important issues, and if I'm the least bit tempted, I just think of Trump at the helm, and have an attack of near hyperventilation, and I'm not tempted again for a long spell.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Madam Bijoux|1470577839|4063262 said:
Looking good, but we still have a long way to go, and can't afford to get complacent.

Agree and we don't know what wikileaks is going to leak. We would LOVE to see the donald's taxes, but he is such a fabricator that he won't do it, time will tell.

GemGraphicEtsy

Rough_Rock
Hi Kenny,

This is off subject, but I saw a picture of your tension set diamond rings from a few years ago and I was wondering if you knew the name of the setting for the Asscher Cut Diamond? I have a similar sized Asscher and I like the look of your ring....but it's hard to match the style on Boone's website without seeing the side profile. Do you think that setting the stone fairly open, like yours is, makes the stone perform better than in an enclosed setting?

I'd appreciate any feedback you have. Thanks.

-Paul

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
gym33019|1470600649|4063365 said:
Hi Kenny,

This is off subject, but I saw a picture of your tension set diamond rings from a few years ago and I was wondering if you knew the name of the setting for the Asscher Cut Diamond? I have a similar sized Asscher and I like the look of your ring....but it's hard to match the style on Boone's website without seeing the side profile. Do you think that setting the stone fairly open, like yours is, makes the stone perform better than in an enclosed setting?

I'd appreciate any feedback you have. Thanks.

-Paul

Hi Paul, thanks and welcome to Pricescope.

Please start a new thread on Pricescope's forum that is dedicated to diamonds and settings, Rocky Talk.
I'll answer there.
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/forums/rockytalky.3/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/forums/rockytalky.3/[/URL]

Oh, and please include a link to which tension setting thread of mine that you saw.
I've had 4 different tension settings made, 3 for asschers and one for a round diamond.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think left wing conservatives deserve all they get for putting up and endorsing a candidate with such un-American values. And if they implode from within (which I predict they will) before they suffer from a crushing defeat, then hopefully that message will be loud and clear.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
arkieb1|1470610349|4063397 said:
I think left wing conservatives deserve all they get for putting up and endorsing a candidate with such un-American values. And if they implode from within (which I predict they will) before they suffer from a crushing defeat, then hopefully that message will be loud and clear.
Republicans are right wing. I suspect that's what you meant.

If so I agree wholeheartedly

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah sorry brain fart, that was exactly what I mean, right wing conservatives, there are left wing ones that are more moderate too... but I wasn't referring to them :lol:

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No matter how good the polls look, I won't rest easy until election night.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am glad that Trump is down in the polls, but like VRBeauty I will not rest easy until he is voted out and someone else is voted into office, someone who-if he or she dies in office-will be replaced by an elected Vice President or Speaker of the House.

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Annnnd......Oklahoma is beating ALABAMA!! We're first place in least chance of the state voting for a Democrat!

As usual.... :sick:

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DF you have less than 1% chance of Hillary not winning your state. :)

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DF and ksinger need to swap houses. :mrgreen:

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
redwood66|1471221135|4066080 said:

Well, if you're ever looking for a more sure Republican thing than where you are, come to Oklahoma. We haven't swung for a Democrat in a presidential race, since 1964.

Of course that surety comes with being in the absolute statistical bullseye for most tornadoes too, so maybe not.... ;-)

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ksinger|1471221808|4066085 said:

Well, if you're ever looking for a more sure Republican thing than where you are, come to Oklahoma. We haven't swung for a Democrat in a presidential race, since 1964.

Of course that surety comes with being in the absolute statistical bullseye for most tornadoes too, so maybe not.... ;-)

:lol: Our last one was 1964 also. But it seems our two purple counties have enough people to get us above Oklahoma, West Virginia and Alabama on this chart. And no thank you on the tornadoes. ;)) I will just stay here and wait for the Yellowstone Caldera to erupt.....

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1471221501|4066084 said:

DF's in Cali, right? Even having family there, uh, no.

OKC, even in "the big town" (the phrasing of a long-time weatherman here) is not. It is a small town, really. OKC has just enough city to be nicely urban, but you still run into people you know like it's a small town. Both coasts, although I have more affinity for either of them politically and socially, are just too densely populated for me. I'd be very unhappy if I couldn't have my big sky, I think. Besides, how will anything change here if all the libs/progressives leave in disgust? Which we might do actually, since OK is going down the tube right behind Kansas. But we're pretty politically engaged here at the local level at present, trying to get our schools out of the funding toilet. The hubs likes tilting at windmills. ;-)

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We never needed to vote here in Ca.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'll be the first Chinese in Oklahoma... :praise:

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1471226394|4066108 said:

Sorry DF, you're way behind the times. OKC actually has a good sized asian population and and an asian district with quite a few excellent asian markets and businesses. And I have a Chinese uncle who grew up and went to college here after his family immigrated, and 3 half Chinese cousins. I work with several Chinese and Vietnamese, have 2 other cousins whose mother was from the Philippines, and my husband's cousin married a woman from Thailand.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ksinger|1471228473|4066122 said:

Sorry DF, you're way behind the times. OKC actually has a good sized asian population and and an asian district with quite a few excellent asian markets and businesses. And I have a Chinese uncle who grew up and went to college here after his family immigrated, and 3 half Chinese cousins. I work with several Chinese and Vietnamese, have 2 other cousins whose mother was from the Philippines, and my husband's cousin married a woman from Thailand.
Maybe in OKC but not in the smaller towns.

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1471228766|4066124 said:
ksinger|1471228473|4066122 said:

Maybe in OKC but not in the smaller towns.

Of course not, but then I never made any claims for smaller towns, did I? I said OKC, perhaps I should write it out for the non natives - Oklahoma City. (I confess I'm lazy, and don't like typing that, OKC is much faster, kinda like Pgh for Pittsburgh).

In any case, you would most certainly not the be the first Chinese in OK.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results