shape
carat
color
clarity

Long Time Lurker...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Hi Ladies!

I’ve finally decided to register and introduce myself.

The boy and I have been together for over two years. We’ve been through a lot together (living on different continents for a semester, lots of medical problems in my family recently), and he’s been amazing through all of it. I can’t wait to spend the rest of my life with him.

I was flipping through a magazine over the summer and he spotted me physically grimacing at a photo of a ring. (I didn’t even realize I was doing that.) When he then asked me what kind of rings I did like, I realized that I really didn’t know myself. I started googling different things, and stumbled upon pricescope.com. I’ve been lurking ever since.

Even lurking on the LIW forum has been immensely reassuring at times. It seems like there’s been a rash of quick engagements at my university lately. One of my acquaintances just got engaged to a guy she’s known for two months, and another to one she’s known for six. People keep asking when I’m getting engaged -- a question that would seriously make much more sense if I were the one proposing. It’s reassuring to see that a lot of couples wait years before getting engaged, and it’s not that there’s something wrong with us.

In the midst of all of this and of waiting to hear back from graduate schools (me) and jobs (him), the boy realized that I was worrying about the proposal/our future and asked if I wanted to know his timeline. It turns out that it’s “girl-soon”!!! He wants to propose by graduation, which is mid-May.

By the way, I was accepted into a couple graduate programs that I love only a week later. It’s beginning to feel like everything’s coming together.

Blenheim

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
hello hello...don''t you love that feeling when everything works out??? LOL
35.gif

Sunmoon

Rough_Rock
Hello!

Welcome, I was a long time lurker as well until recently.

Congratulations on being accepted for graduate school programs!! Is so hard and nerve wrecking, now you''re in the sometimes difficult but most definitely better situation of having to pick one!

PAZ

Cailet

Shiny_Rock
I think everyone lurks here to start with! LOL

congrats on grad school and "girl" soon!!!

I''m stuck with boy soon myself but it gets a lot easier coming here for support!

Welcome to the group!

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
35.gif

Welcome!
And congratulations on girl soon!

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
WELCOME
35.gif
and congradulations on your timeline and grad school!

E B

Ideal_Rock
Welcome to PS!

Is that a....a....Cavalier King Charles in your icon? They''re one of my FAVORITE breeds. I considered getting one for a long time before adopting my pug.

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2006 11:44:26 PM
Author: EBree
Welcome to PS!

Is that a....a....Cavalier King Charles in your icon? They''re one of my FAVORITE breeds. I considered getting one for a long time before adopting my pug.

It is indeed! I''m in love with the breed. The icon is of my parent''s cavalier, but I''m hoping to get a cavalier of my very own this summer.

Coincidently, my parents also have a pug! She continually cracks me up.

snuga

Brilliant_Rock
Hello and Welcome!! I hope your wait is short and sweet!

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome. You will not be sorry you joined.

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
35.gif

Welcome!!! You won''t be sorry and you soon will be addicted to it!
37.gif

M~

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Oh, I''ve been addicted for a while.
2.gif

And thanks everyone for welcoming me!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Welcome!
35.gif
Congrats on graduate school and girl-soon!! yay!
36.gif

Are there any ring styles you like that you can show us?
31.gif

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/1/2006 8:58:25 AM
Author: anchor31
Are there any ring styles you like that you can show us?
31.gif

I was wondering if/when this would come up!

I have the problem (?) that I love almost anything, as long as it''s well-made and not very bulky. Some of my favorite styles are lower-set solitaires, x-prong/Lucida settings, round centers with pear sides (like Kaleigh''s), and anything involving asschers or emerald cuts. I feel like white gold/platinum looks better with diamonds, but yellow gold looks better with my incredibly pale and slightly pink skin.

My BF is a lot pickier, and doesn''t really care for pave or halos. He''s going to be working under a pretty tight budget (but I have no details on just how tight), so we''ll see what he can find.

And I don''t actually have a ring file on my computer. (Heresy, right?) I''m trying to not think about my ring too much, because he wants to surprise me and I trust his taste. But that doesn''t mean I can''t admire everyone else''s!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results