shape
carat
color
clarity

Long time lurker wanting to share :)

CymoneD

Shiny_Rock
Hello everyone!! :wavey:

I am a long time lurker and I LOVE drooling over all of the amazing pieces showcased on this site!!!!!!!!! :lickout:

This is my tourmaline and although my engagement is a little over a year away we have purchased the stone so here it is! :D

The stone is Pink Tourmaline

2.23 carats/Portuguese round

And it has a orangey/brown secondary color that you dont see in the photos...

_16424.jpg

_16425.jpg

_16426.jpg

_16427.jpg

CymoneD

Shiny_Rock
A few hand shots!

After visiting the "show me the bling" forum so many times my heart has been pulled in so many directions in terms of size but I love this stone and I have big plans for it very soon with IDJ. :wink2:

_16435.jpg

_16436.jpg

_16437.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful!

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pretty stone. It looks quite fascinating. Any idea what you are going to do for a setting?

I hadn't heard of a Portuguese round cut before seeing your post. Had to look it up. Here's a video with explanation for others who may not have heard of the cut either.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R13ZdC-6KgM

This thread has interesting information to consider about setting a Portuguese cut. [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/any-negatives-to-a-portuguese-cut-stone.130166/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/any-negatives-to-a-portuguese-cut-stone.130166/[/URL]

CymoneD

Shiny_Rock
Thank you Niel and MP, I'm going to have it set in a diamond eternity band style semi mount preferably .30 pointers. :naughty:

I'm still trying to decide if I'm getting Rose gold prongs or not with a white gold band.

_16445.jpg

_16446.jpg

_16447.jpg

CymoneD

Shiny_Rock
One without the stone...

_16448.jpg

CymoneD

Shiny_Rock
Also funny thing about the link! Gem shopping network is where I got this stone! And Ben is the cutter :bigsmile:

CymoneD

Shiny_Rock
Lapidary**

Roxy

Brilliant_Rock
:love: :love: Ooooooh, what a beautifully captivating stone, wow!! :love: :love:
Your idea of setting it into a full eternity is fantastic. That's going to make such a gorgeous ering!!! :appl:

CymoneD

Shiny_Rock
Thank you so much!

When pink diamonds came into the public eye I was in love and I quickly realized I wouldn't ever be able to get one the size and color I would adore so I switched to colored gems and I was on my way lol. My boyfriend and I were searching for either a hot pink spinel or a pink tourmaline and since spinels have jumped quickly in price, tourmaline became my baby :D

I can't wait!

CymoneD

Shiny_Rock
These are my .25 diamond earrings with my tourmaline, this helped me to decide I wanted the diamonds just a little bigger at .30points each. ;-)

Also I had a question about size!!

My wedding band and E-Ring will both be full eternity bands (considering a sizing bar) and currently I live I. Upstate NY and but I will be moving to FL and I know it's much warmer there (finger swelling :knockout: )

I'm a normal 6.5 but should I go up??

_16512.jpg

_16513.jpg

_16514.jpg

_16515.jpg

Roxy

Brilliant_Rock
CymoneD|1396524801|3646498 said:
These are my .25 diamond earrings with my tourmaline, this helped me to decide I wanted the diamonds just a little bigger at .30points each. ;-)

Also I had a question about size!!

My wedding band and E-Ring will both be full eternity bands (considering a sizing bar) and currently I live I. Upstate NY and but I will be moving to FL and I know it's much warmer there (finger swelling :knockout: )

I'm a normal 6.5 but should I go up??

With full eternities you always want to go up in size because getting them resized is close to impossible, so I'd personally go up at least .5 to a size 7. I have full eternities too, and my normal ring size is 4.75 (fluctuating between 4.5 in winter and 5 in the summer) so I went up to 5.25 and had sizing bridges put into them.

With 30 pointers, your ering is going to be wider than mine, and once you add a wedding band, the two will be even wider which usually means that they'll fit a little more snugly than thinner bands. So, I'd suggest you talk w/ your vendor and ask them if in your case you should bump up the size a tad more (maybe 7.25?) just to be on the safe side.

Another option, of course, is to go w/ a 3/4 eternity or even a 7/8 eternity, where you have the look of full coverage but a little metal left at the bottom for potential sizing later on. I don't know if you'd like that or not (personally, I wanted the look of never-ending diamond coverage), but it's another option you can discuss w/ your vendor if the idea appeals to you.

All that said, I really love the look of the .25 diamonds w/ your center stone. I know you want to go bigger, and either combo is going to be beautiful, but I just like the proportions of the smaller diamonds w/ your center stone taking center stage. Especially since you're planning to add a wedding band of 30 pointers to wear next to it (right?).

I'm not trying to dissuade you from your idea, but I just wanted to give my honest opinion. I've found that, in general, my personal preference is where the width of the eternity diamonds are no larger than 1/3 of the center stone when pairing it with an eternity wedding band. Since you have the gorgeous pink center stone, I think you can probably go bigger than that w/ no problem, but if it were me I'd still try to stay around 20 pointers at most. Just another perspective, and in the end whatever you love is what's important :)) !

CymoneD

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for that wonderful advice! I love detail :bigsmile:

I will definitely speak with my vendor and ask about sizing though I am planning on getting a .30 point engagement ring with a .20 point wedding band and then possibly upgrading later if I dont completely love it (budget constrictions) :???: But who's complaining, my boyfriend is a dream!! :D

I absolutely agree with the "never ending diamond coverage" it just screams FAB! :sun: I saw some photos of your ring and I almost died, I LOVE YOUR OVAL!!!!

Also, your advice is totally welcome so no worries. I do prefer the bigger diamonds because I am trying to avoid upgrading the actual rings for sentimental reasons. I'm hoping I love the two differnt sizes together because I get attached to my jewelry :cry: I've looked at so many photos and it was comforting but we'll have to see!

Please add more if anything pops up! All is appreciated :D

OECrystal

Shiny_Rock
Your stone is so pretty and unique! I can't wait to see pictures of it in the setting and on your finger. :)

CymoneD

Shiny_Rock
Thank you OECrystal!! I can't wait to share the process and the final product once he proposes! ::)

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Your thread! Ha found it. The stone is fantastic. The color is intense. I also like your big and bold eternity plans. That will be a show stopper of a ring. I think the size will be beautiful on your hand and the color sets nicely with your skin. Well done!

I like your manicures too! :) You are a creative person in general, I believe.

CymoneD

Shiny_Rock
Thank you MM I am creative and a big personality :wavey:

I appreciate all of the nice things you've said, I can't wait to share the whole experience from our trip to IDJ and everything. I enjoy PS and many of the people I'm starting to see frequently on the threads!

Have you had any experience with ID Jewelry? Everything I've read so far has been 99% good :)

CymoneD

Shiny_Rock
Has anyone or does anyone know of folks that have .30 point eternity bands? :confused:

IDJ says they make their eternity bands low so that they are comfortable but I'd love to hear some opinions on the comfort level of that size.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results