shape
carat
color
clarity

Long time lurker and lady in waiting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

simplefears

Rough_Rock
Hello, I''ve been lurking here for a while and I probably won''t be posting much, but I thought I''d introduce myself anyway. I am a lady in waiting. My boyfriend and I will have been together for 5 1/2 years next month, we are both 22, we were high school sweethearts. I went away to college and we maintained a long distance relationship for just under 4 years (I was home summers and also visited once month or so). I''ve been done with school for more than a year now. We''ve been living together just under a year and we have the 2 cutest cats in the world. We just signed a lease renewal on our apartment for 8 months, we are saving to buy a house together when it runs out.

Back around the holidays he bought me the ring I thought I wanted. When it arrived even though I didn''t really want to see it he made me look at it... and I didn''t like it
7.gif
He wanted me to pick my ring because he''s not very good at picking things I like. I went crazy researching all types of rings trying to find something else I would like. I was hoping he would propose on our 5 year anniversary in January, but I hadn''t found anything I liked in time. I did have my grandmother''s engagement ring but it''s really not me. It''s a .5 ct solitare in a very tall white gold setting. For a while I was looking to reset her stone in a low setting, but wasn''t able to find anything I liked. Thanks to my research here I have decided on a Facets full eternity band. Now it''s the waiting game.

There is no question for either of us that we want to get married, but I''m doubting a proposal is coming any time soon, mainly because he isn''t satisfied with his job and he wants to be successful and happy in his job before we get married. Trouble is he doesn''t know what else to do for work. Ideally he''d like to have a new job before we buy a house too. Wish I knew how to help him. With all this stuff on our plates getting engaged doesn''t seem as pressing, I''d like to have all our ducks in a row too, but I can''t help but day dream every now and then. And that''s when I come here.

BTW, does dust stand for something? Or is it just like magic fairy dust?
33.gif

pluck15

Shiny_Rock
Welcome welcome. Waiting is always tough, as all of us LsIW know. I hope you two are able to get things all straightened out with jobs and houses and such!!

And yeah, I''m sorta new too, but I''m pretty sure Dust is just a good luck thing :)

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
I know how you feel. My boyfriend also wants to be financially stable etc before we get married, and I totally support that. But sometimes, on the rare occassion, I just want to get married already! I just keep myself occupied with other goals, like getting my masters degree and seeing the world. I want to do that before I get married, so I focus on those goals in the meantime.
Welcome!
1.gif

Dust is just for extra extra good luck. Like Peter Pan dust that makes you fly.
9.gif

LilyKat

Brilliant_Rock
Hey simplefears, welcome! I''m new too.
35.gif

And yes, it''s just like magic fairy dust as far as I know.

purselover

Ideal_Rock
Hi there! Looking forward to hearing more about you
1.gif

elation

Rough_Rock
Hi! I hope things start coming together for you in the near future, you sound so sad.
8.gif

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
Hi there simplefears!
35.gif

Welcome! I hear you on the wanting to become a bit more successful before you get married. I''m in a job that I most certainly didn''t go to school for. I don''t wake-up quite dreading work, but I definitely don''t wake-up excited. In this economy though, I''ll take what I can get.

Tell us more about yourself. What to you do for a living? What part of the world are you in? Don''t worry about the proposal not coming any time soon. You can still be on the list. I think I''ve been on for about a year now and I just broke the top 20.

Oh, and when the time comes, and you think he MIGHT be proposing soon, remember to ask for dust. I don''t know how, but it really seems to work. It''s magic.
9.gif

simplefears

Rough_Rock
Date: 6/18/2009 11:15:29 AM
Author: Travel Goddess
Tell us more about yourself. What to you do for a living? What part of the world are you in?
We are in South Florida, I am a graphic and web designer, which is what I went to school for. I''m also into cars, I just got myself my first project car (an 88 Honda CRX) and that''s been keeping me occupied... and making it harder to save, oops!

He is a store manager at GameStop. He''s really into video games so it''s kinda nice, but he never finished college and feels a bit stuck because of that, even though he''s the best manager in the district. He also just got his black belt in tae kwon do. He also studying jujitsu and after only doing it a few months he''s already about to get his green belt. I''d love to be able to find him a job the combines his physical talents with his managerial skills. Ultimately he would love to open his own gym, it just seems impossible ATM. In the mean time I want him to enjoy what he''s doing and feel successful.

And here are some ring pictures:
This is my grandmothers ring:

diamond-white-gold.jpg

simplefears

Rough_Rock
Here is a shot of my grandmothers ring from the side, you can see how crazy tall it is:

tall-high-diamond-setting.jpg

simplefears

Rough_Rock
Here is the ring I thought I wanted:

It's beautiful, but the band was so thick, and a little too big (the smallest size), it was too uncomfortable. Plus I'm sure the diamond wasn't great, I hadn't done any research. You can kinda see it wasn't even a perfect square.

Sorry, cell phone pictures.

titanium-band-too-thick.jpg

simplefears

Rough_Rock
Too wierd! I just got a call from Helzberg about about another one of their restyle events while I was posting my pictures.

Bjedifish

Shiny_Rock
Trade
welcome!! Sometimes we change our mind, but it looks like things are looking up for you!!

DUST! **The magic fairy kind
2.gif

lilmissrugger

Shiny_Rock
Hello and welcome!!!

At the very least, you know a proposal is in your future, and that''s something to look forward to, right?

Anyways, this is a great place to pass the time and have fun!

p.s. *dust!!!*

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results