shape
carat
color
clarity

Long Engagement- Bridesmaids

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

StaceyLynne_dance

Rough_Rock
I wont be getting married for a year and 10 months but Im dying to ask my bridesmaids. We have the date set, but we havent set the location yet. I have 3 college friends that I cant imagine not having there and then I want to have a forth but Im having a toss up between a few friends from growing up. Should I ask the 3 definates and then wait for the forth or wait to ask all 4 at the same time? Im so torn! Help!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would wait for sure. A lot can happen in nearly two years, and I would want to ask them near the same time.

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
I would wait if you are planning on asking friends. things change. I''m a year and a half away now(i think), but since my bridesmaids are my sisters, it wasn''t a big deal.

sba771

Brilliant_Rock
I would wait. I am in the middle of a long engagement and I asked my BMs. I majorly regret it. I can''t stand one girl now and won''t ask her to step down, but am really unhappy that I was so foolish. It is my fault. I know its exciting, but it will be just as exciting in a year!

Winslet

Shiny_Rock
I was in the exact same position as you! Although I was itching to do it sooner, I waited almost a year to ask my bridesmaids - just to be safe because a lot CAN happen in a few years. I ended up waiting to ask them until about 8-10 months before, and come my wedding day I was still happy with everyone that I'd asked
9.gif

ETA - best of luck with whatever you choose to do!

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
I would wait as well. I asked my best friends from elementary school. Seriously we have been friends since kindergarten. And then one of them stopped speaking to me out of the blue. I waited over a year, and then had to cut her out for my own sanity. Save yourself the heartache and wait.

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
I also suggest waiting. Like everyone says, a lot can change in that amount of time. I think 12 months out is fine to start asking, especially if you think you will need their help with planning! But not yet...I know you''re dying to ask, but you don''t want to make a decision you''ll regret later!

meresal

Ideal_Rock
If this were me, and even if I knew ALL 4 that I wanted, I would still wait until you are a year out.

My vote is to wait.

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely wait. 12 months is a long time, I would wait until you are around 6 months out, especially if you are not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results