shape
carat
color
clarity

London hit again

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
Ursula...thanks for your feedback!! We feel the same that we don''t want these idiot terrorists to get the best of us, so that''s why we haven''t considered cancelling...but we definitely be on the alert!!!

perry

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Matatora:

Ceramic knives and plastic explosives will show up on a good X-ray machine. Any change in density will show up (I have seen the x-ray screan at work enough).

Of couse, a small plastic knife or other dagger type object can always be hidden in a body cavity - or even under undies. However, an object that small does not pose a major threat. Although you can kill and maim with it. Just keep the cocpits secure, and ignore the fact that someone may kill a person or two in the passanger section (by then the other passangers will probably stop them).

Once they realise that just killing a person or two will have no effect - it will stop.

Fact is, that no weapons are needed to maim or kill a person or two. Almost everyone knows how to do it.

Lord Summerisle: You are right that different terms apply to the same situation; and that most often it is only inocent people who get hurt. I agree that the correct term is ''Criminal"

During the Viet Nam war there were protest, riots, and even bombings in the US to protest the war. I lived about 30 miles away from the bombing of Stirling Hall on the University of Wisconsin - Madison campus in the early 70''s. People died in that bombing. The Anti-War riots in Madison were as bad as anywhere in the US (and put Madison on the Map in the wrong way). Many people in my home town worked at Badger Ordance due to the high paying jobs - which produced munitions for the Viet Nam war (this plant was reopened to supply ordanance for the Viet Nam war - just like it was reopened for the Korean War). People died there as well when things did not go right. I had childhood freinds who died when playing with smuggled explosives from that plant. Wonder how the parents felt when their kids blew themselves up with stuff they had smuggled out to "have fun with."

These issues always make me wonder about the right and wrong and morals of the situations. Yet, I myself would be on the protest line for certain issues; and have spoken at numerous city council or county study of issues; and admit that there are issues that I would personally take up arms for (although I wouild try to avoid civilian casualties). I hope that it neve comes to that in the US; but at times I wonder given the direction that the US and state governments seem to be drifting over the years.

I too thought that it would be a shame if the person shot did not have a bomb on them. There may be other legitimate reasons for wearing a bulky coat (like being ill).

Fleeing from police is not in my mind a good reason in itself to be shot. There must be a link with a specific act (i.e. The rapist is fleeing - and is then shot). If the reports are true that the person had tripped and was down, then I cannot think of a good reason to automatically shoot (that does not mean that there might not be one).

Perry

Lord Summerisle

Brilliant_Rock
i Believe from reports the Police had been tracking the man since he left his house, as he was under surveylance from yesterdays incidents.... and that he refused to co-operate with police ie he ran after being told to stop and get down... (news just said he left the ticket barrior to get away, and tried to board a train)

Achi - regarding your trip... take a deep breath and continue with your origonal plans. Your far more likely to die on your travels over here than to be caught up in an attack on london. Enjoy yourself, reseach alternatives to the Tube... just incase there is something that happens... a security alert of some kind - as they are taking no chances at the moment and you could find the tube line you want is closed - theres Bus, Taxi, Ricksaw, boat...

Have a safe Journey.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results