shape
carat
color
clarity

Location Ideas- Central FL

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
O.k. so, the BF and I live in Central FL- Also known to most of the tourists as Disney World.....However, if you live here, you know there's more to it than just the Mouse....

Needless to say I am debating the location to pop the questions.....

Here is some backgroud:

1. We both used to work at Disney, that's how we met. I have since left the company to pursue our personal relationship, he still works there.
2. Our first date was at the movies at Downtown Disney and then after the movie we walked around for 3 hours....
3.He is really in to cars, preferably mustangs.
4. He likes the Chicago Cubs, but isn't entirely a sports enthusiast.
5.He's in his last year of college (here in FL)
6. He mentioned last night that he used to love doing ceramics and went on and on about a piece he did in high school.

With these basics in mind, I was wondering where exactly to do it....

1. At Disney? If so, where?
2. Have a hosted "party" at a local pottery studio, invite his friends (since you have to have a minimum of 8-10 people)
3. Nice dinner/more traditional method

Some ideas I've been tossing around.....

Any assistance would be great...Oh and it's in the late fall/early winter timeframe....

Thanks
PD

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
Hey, first off I think since you''re asking him, it should probably be a little more private (ie maybe he might feel weird in front of his friends if you ask him, you know how guys can be weird, although I know you talked to him and he said he didnt care either way, but you wouldnt want someone to make a snark comment that you asked and not him and ruin the night..just you never know these days..)

I live in Orlando too...

I actually just took my FF to Sky Venture the other day, and it was amazing, maybe you could do something cool like that, and mabybe talk with the instructor and let him know you''re going to propose..and while he is in the wind tunnel have the instructor turn him to you and you can have a sign(that says will you marry me) and whatever your giving him while he is inside... That would be super cute.. and you could have friends come that just "want to watch" (that would be in on the whole thing) and they can video tape it through the glass... I wish I had a pic to show you.. let me see...

Ok you can kinda see how you can see through (there is an actualy place for people who are just watching)

Other ideas..
If you go to disney.. maybe go somewhere that is a favorite place of yalls or something??

Are you giving him a ring or something else?

I definitely think you should do something really kinda "different" since you are asking him...

skyventureem629.jpg

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
I used to live in Central Florida as well. Maybe you can have it over at the Boardwalk where its a bit more private and its so beautiful there. Or ooo you can go to the Chapel by the Polynesian resort. I absolutely love that setup withthe beach and the water and you can see Epcot''s fireworks at night.

I wouldn''t do the party with the friends. While he may be comfortable with it, I''m not sure how comfortable he would be with this huge public party. That''s my opinion.

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the ideas so far....they all are awesome in their own way...It's difficult to try to choose just one...Luckily I have plenty of time to plan....So, please keep the ideas coming....
36.gif

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
O.k. so I agree that people are different in regards to having friends and family around. Although I had "good intentions" of trying to have his family and friends present for the proposal and after talking with his mother and how he really doesn''t share much of anything with them as he is a "private person" and I happen to agree, I just see the no-holds-barred open side of him which tends to make me second guess that image...

Out of respect though, I am sure that it should be more of a private affair...Afterall, the wedding is for everyone to celebrate!

So, it should be "just the two of us".....I may even change it up from December when my mom is here just so that there are no hurt feelings as to one persons parents being there and not the other...

I was quizzing him on dinner places that he liked to go to (as a possible celebration afterwards)

He''s kind of a picky eater and doesn''t like anything "green"...Basically Meat and Potatoes...lol

So some of the places he liked are:

The Melting Pot (a little fondue place...the original location as well as the Dr. Phillips location have both treated us well. We went there for Valentines Day and our 4 month anniversary)

Seasons 52 (restaurant row...lol)

Ruths Chris (not for the ambiance but for the food)

The only "Disney" restaurants that I like are California Grill Contemporary Resort) and Jiko (Animal Kingdom Lodge) all of the others are sub-par to me....(We both worked in F&B for Disney so maybe it''s just a pickiness factor...). I certainly haven''t been to V&A''s yet ---the BF would find the place "too stuffy" in my opinion but I did hear it was super!

Any other "celebratory" places that come to mind in Orlando? I''ve only been here 2 years and still feel like a tourist...lol.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Is the celebration dinner afterwards just for the two of you or will you invite friends?

If you will invite friends, then one of my favorite places is Kobe''s. Its a Japanese steakhouse/hibachi place. We have one here in Miami as well and I love going there.

If not then I like the idea of the Melting Pot.

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
I've never been to Kobe's before...I always drive around and see it but have never eaten there...

I think it would be more of a "just the two of us" type of deal now that I have had some time to reflect on it!
34.gif

I am probably thinking the MP or somewhere that is as "intimate" of that nature without being too stuffy...

ETA: It may be afterwards, or I may just be cliche and have the servers help me out with more of the classic approach....

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
O.k folks...so dinner/celebration for the two of us will be at the lovely Melting Pot....it''s not 5 star stuffy but it still has the romantic casual feel and he is a picky eater so fondue is a good thing for both of us!!! (If you all haven''t been there, you NEED to go....the cheese fondue is amazing as well as the Pomegranite martinis and of course the entree fondue...I personally LOVE the Mojo style best...it''s pretty much the most amazing thing ever!!!)

I will be adding a flower package (usually it''s a few roses in a vase) but hey, guys can get flowers too...In fact, I read a study somewhere that said that guys who recieved flowers were happier statistically....lol...I honestly don''t recall the source but either way, he isn''t the sterotypical "manly-machoeque" type of guy so he''ll like them without brushing them off as too girly.

Now I just have to figure out what to do during the day....decisions decisions....

Any ideas?
34.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results