shape
carat
color
clarity

LM- Not sure that using “very little child labour” is something to show off about.

SapphireLover

Brilliant_Rock
Clicked on an Instagram post from Leon Mege about moissanite earrings and spotted this gem “The Chinese facility uses very little child labor and safely vents the toxic greenhouse emissions away from major metropolitan areas.”

I would have thought that you would want to promote using NO child labour rather than just a little bit.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maybe there's a lost-in-translation somewhere?? lol

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
“The Chinese facility uses very little child labor and safely vents the toxic greenhouse emissions away from major metropolitan areas.”

:lol: :lol: :lol: Oh my gosh, he's pretty funny this time. I don't like it when he takes aim at a known person/competitor, but child labor and toxic greenhouse emissions are pretty funny in this context! Blonde moissanites??? Definitely a joke!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:bigsmile:

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
Eh. Not as funny when used in an actual listing description...I'd save jokes for other pages on his site.
An items description should be factual and if he litters them with jokes most will take it at face value.

Also, when it's really going on in the world and it's very dark it's hard for me to find jokes surrounding tragedy funny. Such as child labor, rape, incest, human trafficking, etc.

I can already hear people thinking, "She must be fun at parties."
Don't worry- I don't attend any. :evil2:

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I read that a few days ago when I was checking his site for some reason. It's very Leon. All the various pages on his site sound like this.

My favorite "uh, what?" moment on his site is this bit from the FAQ:

What happens if my future fiancée refuse to accept the ring I bought?

Leon Mege rings are so irresistible that no woman has yet rejected a proposal no matter how much she was repulsed by the suitor. We are so confident in her saying “yes” that we guarantee it. What will happens if she says “no”? We will provide you with a replacement based on a fine selection of mail order brides from Kazakhstan. She will appreciate your fine taste in jewelry and will adore you and the green card you’ll apply for.

I read this out loud to my husband and he was so confused and was like "you don't use that jeweler, right?" lol

Last edited:

SapphireLover

Brilliant_Rock
I read that a few days ago when I was checking his site for some reason. It's very Leon. All the various pages on his site sound like this.

My favorite "uh, what?" moment on his site is this bit from the FAQ:

Leon Mege rings are so irresistible that no woman has yet rejected a proposal no matter how much she was repulsed by the suitor. We are so confident in her saying “yes” that we guarantee it. What will happens if she says “no”? We will provide you with a replacement based on a fine selection of mail order brides from Kazakhstan. She will appreciate your fine taste in jewelry and will adore you and the green card you’ll apply for.

I read this out loud to my husband and he was so confused and was like "you don't use that jeweler, right?" lol

Wow, I never noticed! He’s clearly too far out of my price bracket for me to notice the small print!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:lol: :lol: :lol: Oh my gosh, he's pretty funny this time. I don't like it when he takes aim at a known person/competitor, but child labor and toxic greenhouse emissions are pretty funny in this context! Blonde moissanites??? Definitely a joke!

I think so too.

Also, when it's really going on in the world and it's very dark it's hard for me to find jokes surrounding tragedy funny. Such as child labor, rape, incest, human trafficking, etc.

I agree those are tragic and hard topics to laugh about.

Sometimes the darker the times the more we need to find humor in life and just laugh. I don't think I could have gotten through the past year without finding humor where I could.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

:lol: :lol: :lol:

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I must be fun at parties too. I’m struggling to see how joking about the exploitation of economically disadvantaged women into what amounts to sex trade work in exchange for the hope of a better life (often resulting in a culture of domestic violence) is funny.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I must be fun at parties too. I’m struggling to see how joking about the exploitation of economically disadvantaged women into what amounts to sex trade work in exchange for the hope of a better life (often resulting in a culture of domestic violence) is funny.

This (IMO) is the truly funny part

Leon Mege rings are so irresistible that no woman has yet rejected a proposal no matter how much she was repulsed by the suitor.

toofunny.gif

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
He's not funny.

To you. I agree, in many situations Leon Mege is not funny. And he has a rather large ego. I wonder if his large ego exists because he is compensating for other areas in which he is lacking.::) But I digress.

I do feel much of what he says/writes is offensive. But he does make some pretty funny (IMO) comments. Humor is subjective and often in the eye of the beholder.

I, for one, do find some of his comments hysterically funny. YMMV.

"uses very little child labor"
"blonde moissanite"
"vents toxic emissions away from major metropolitan areas"

It's a joke. I found it funny. :lol:
But I see the humor in many situations and it helps me cope with life in general. IDK not such a bad thing.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This thread has made me remember that my good lady made a totally dark humour joke when we were in the middle of probably the hardest thing we will ever go through - the friend she said it to was like 'errrrr...' :???: LOL :lol:

Batgirl76

Shiny_Rock
An extremely privileged man making “jokes“ about the suffering of women and CHILDREN in developing countries? Nope, not funny.

There are plenty of other jewelers out there with a lot more class than this Leon clown. I can’t imagine buying anything from him now.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
While I can appreciate dark humor (DH has a very dark sense of humor) there is a time and place. I imagine he does not care who he offends because he is not hurting for business, definitely evidence of a place of privilege IMO.

I don't really need to worry about ever supporting him because he is way out of my league but also even if I had the money I prefer to support someone who takes their business seriously and acts in a professional and considerate fashion.

tlfiore

Shiny_Rock
To you. I agree, in many situations Leon Mege is not funny. And he has a rather large ego. I wonder if his large ego exists because he is compensating for other areas in which he is lacking.::) But I digress.

I do feel much of what he says/writes is offensive. But he does make some pretty funny (IMO) comments. Humor is subjective and often in the eye of the beholder.

I, for one, do find some of his comments hysterically funny. YMMV.

"uses very little child labor"
"blonde moissanite"
"vents toxic emissions away from major metropolitan areas"

It's a joke. I found it funny. :lol:
But I see the humor in many situations and it helps me cope with life in general. IDK not such a bad thing.

Yes...right. I guess "funny" depends on who the "funny humor" generates from. I have an extremely dark & off sense of humor. And I respect so many of my PS friends. However, had such a comment come from...oh...let's see...say, Alex Park of Park Fine Jewelry, or Parks Fine Group, we'd be having a different discussion.

I guess humor is all in the eye of the buyer...ooops...I mean the beholder.

Sorry...double standards.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hold up, so because you have a "dark and off sense of humor" and you've apparently done business with said jeweler that makes it okay? Alex Park is a different story because you haven't given him money before....what? What kind of sense does that make??

Why does Leon get held to some different standard? @tlfiore

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
Hold up, so because you have a "dark and off sense of humor" and you've apparently done business with said jeweler that makes it okay? Alex Park is a different story because you haven't given him money before....what? What kind of sense does that make??

Why does Leon get held to some different standard? @tlfiore

I'm pretty sure you interpreted her post the opposite way and that you both didnt find his listing jokes hilarious.

She was using sarcasm to say that if the seller would have been someone else that wasnt one of PSers favorites then the people who found his joke about child labor funny might come at this with a different tone.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh okay, I get it. Admittedly I had to reread her post a couple of times before I understood what you were saying.

It's hard to get sarcasm from online posts if that is indeed what she intended. I was just trying to understand the logic, that's all @TheGarnetGirl.

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh okay, I get it. Admittedly I had to reread her post a couple of times before I understood what you were saying.

It's hard to get sarcasm from online posts if that is indeed what she intended. I was just trying to understand the logic, that's all @TheGarnetGirl.

She was agreeing with you:)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes...right. I guess "funny" depends on who the "funny humor" generates from. I have an extremely dark & off sense of humor. And I respect so many of my PS friends. However, had such a comment come from...oh...let's see...say, Alex Park of Park Fine Jewelry, or Parks Fine Group, we'd be having a different discussion.

I guess humor is all in the eye of the buyer...ooops...I mean the beholder.

Sorry...double standards.

Not from me. I’m not offended by Alex Park. Not yet anyway;-)

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
There are times when one finds dark humor funny that one should keep it to oneself or among close friends/family who share the same sense of humor or understand/love the dark-humored one and choose to tolerate it. Dark-humored ones who choose to expose their humor to the public bear the risk and consequences of being labeled in a negative way. Adulting is easy (and sometimes tedious) once you get the hang of it.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
She was agreeing with you:)

Yes, I see that now! Oops, that's what I get for reading quickly and typing a trigger response! :wall:

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oops, that's what I get for reading quickly and typing a trigger response! :wall:

But you're so darn cute when you do it and far more rational than I could be.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ha! Thanks @Matata but I do feel badly that I took what she wrote the wrong way.

My apologies @tlfiore! No hard feelings I hope.

Is it too early for a glass of wine? Lol!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results